Play Book Tag discussion

July 2020: Southern > Total number of titles read in July for "Southern"

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8721 comments And, for "Southern", we collectively read 109 individual titles.

https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

On the low side for this year, but still respectable, over 100.

message 2: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8721 comments This year's stats:

July 2020: Southern - 109 books read
**Extra tag for July: Black Lives Matter - 51 books read
June 2020: Suspense - 174 books read
May 2020: Comedy - 150 books read
April 2020: Science Fiction - 127 books read
March 2020: Journalism - 80 books read
February 2020: Survival - 144 books read
January 2020: Thriller - 170 books read

message 3: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7996 comments We are an impressive group! Thanks for your work on these stats Cindy💚💚

message 4: by NancyJ (last edited Aug 10, 2020 07:46AM) (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 5681 comments Thanks for compiling all this data. It's interesting to see which tags have the broadest appeal.

I think I read more books in July than in any other month this year. I liked both tags.

Even though we read only 80 books for the Journalism tag, I found that to be one of the most rewarding tags for me. I read some meaty and impactful books that I might never have read otherwise. Plus, Covid took over our lives in March.

The Science fiction tag probably stretched me the most, along with the space tag in the poll ballot game.

This list has me thinking of quality versus quantity, as well as # of books versus # of pages. It's easier to binge read thriller, suspense and mysteries. We might also be choosing shorter books this years due to covid and challenges.

message 5: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8721 comments No problem! The stats are actually pretty easy, as once I'm done the shelving, the bookshelf will tell me exactly how many. (It's why it's easier for me to report the number of titles read, rather than total number of books.)

And since we have the thread where I've been keeping track of each month, it's easy enough for me to check back to compare. Keeping track of those numbers started with the shelver previous to me, Kristal. I just continued on when I took over from her.

message 6: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8721 comments NancyJ wrote: "This list has me thinking of quality versus quantity, as well as # of books versus # of pages. It's easier to binge read thriller, suspense and mysteries. We might also be choosing shorter books this years due to covid and challenges...."

True on all counts!

message 7: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2276 comments LibraryCin wrote: "This year's stats:

July 2020: Southern - 109 books read
**Extra tag for July: Black Lives Matter - 51 books read
June 2020: Suspense - 174 books read
May 2020: Comedy - 150 books read
April 2020:..."

160 total with both tags combined is definitely up there.

message 8: by Barbara M (new)

Barbara M (barbara-m) | 2276 comments NancyJ wrote: "I think I read more books in July than in any other month this year. I liked both tags...."

Same for me. When Covid first struck, I found I didn't read much. I kind of didn't do much of anything. I had been gearing up for a long awaited visit from my family and they'd had to leave early so I was very bummed and just took care of the house and cooking. Then I got my mojo back and I've been reading way over my usual numbers now.

message 9: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8721 comments I was working from home, and I do a lot of my reading on public transit to/from work. So, even though I had more time at home, I was filling that time with other things, not making up my loss of reading time.

However, I've cut out a few other things (online games, more tv), to add reading time back in. I still prefer working from home, though. :-)