2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
This topic is about Minutes to Kill
Minutes to Kill > Question J

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Human trafficking was at the center of the story, along with an extreme amount of violence and brutality leveled against women. Is this a realistic portrait or were Mick & Sam too over the top? It’s also implied that powerful men of respectability are connected to the system. On the mark or maybe just isolated situations?

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments I'm assuming that Mick & Sam's violence and brutality are very realistic. They hated women and just saw them as a commodity.

As far as powerful men being connected to the system, I have no doubt that is true. I just don't know how respectable they are. Would people consider Jeffrey Epstein respectable before the news came out about his island?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Unfortunately, I think this was all too realistic. Women, and men as well, who are trafficked are nothing more than commodities to those who use and abuse them.

There are always people in power who see themselves as above the laws that society requires. We don't have far to look these days when we see the abusive and immoral celebrities and politicians coming out of the woodwork.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1996 comments It is realistic to me. Women are easy victims, but I'm learning that boys and young men are caught up in this web too.

There are men in many positions who get involved with the "easy money" of crime. I'm amazed when I watch true crime shows and they show the posh homes of criminals. I wonder how they manage to cover their tracks but they all find a way.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 844 comments Yes, I think this was realistic. We are seeing more and more of this. I also wonder how they can do this for years without getting caught.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Unfortunately, I think Mick & Sam are representative of the players in human trafficking. It would take someone with a complete lack of regard for girls and women to subject them to this sick treatment.