2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
This topic is about Minutes to Kill
Minutes to Kill > Question B

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6197 comments Mod
When Hannah attempted to rescue Jewel, should she have been more concerned about Mick getting retribution? Were you surprised he came after her? Why do you think he was so hellbent?

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments With most criminals, I believe the fact that Mick grabbed Jewel and put her back with the other girls would have been enough. Why was he so obsessed with revenge? Maybe it was because he thought of women as no more than possessions. He would teach her a lesson for going up against him.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Criminals are not usually known for their courage. Most run away at the first sign that someone is going to fight back. Considering this, Hannah could not have suspected that Mick would seek retribution.

Mick was a misogynist and viewed women as inferior. He was shocked not only that a woman stood up to him but bested him as well. As Robin said, he wanted to teach her a lesson and put her in her "place".

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1998 comments Mick wanted revenge because Hannah was confident enough to stand up to him. Also, she represents the type of women that he can't have unless he takes her to abuse.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments I agree Sharon. Mick did seem to resent the fact that women he considered "classy" like Hannah did not want him.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 852 comments I agree with you, Sharon. He wanted revenge because she had the gall to stand up to him. And he wanted her because normally a woman like her wouldn't notice him.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6197 comments Mod
You’d have to know something about Mick to have believed he’d go to such lengths to get back at Hannah. She had no reason to believe he’d travel from Las Vegas all the way to New York!

Once I learned more about him, I wasn’t surprised at his actions for all the reasons all of you have stated. The idea that a woman bested him, especially a woman like Hannah who was out of his league, ate him up.