2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Minutes to Kill (Scarlet Falls, #2)
This topic is about Minutes to Kill
Minutes to Kill > Question A

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (last edited Aug 10, 2020 07:32PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6267 comments Mod
When Hannah was at the Carnival club in Las Vegas, she wasn’t put off by the owner, Herb Fletcher. Were you? Should she have been?

message 2: by Robin (last edited Aug 09, 2020 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Robin (robinmy) | 1419 comments I didn't think much about him other than he was the rich owner of the club and Hannah's client. I remember thinking he was a creep when he was feeling up a young waitress. Hannah probably saw a lot of that with the firm's rich clients.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments No, primarily because Hannah wasn't put off by him. Yes, she disliked his attitude toward the female staff, but seemed to actually like him as a person and was not uncomfortable around him like she was around Royce.

I was actually more put off by Timothy's elitist attitude and Royce's smarminess. Hannah did not like it when he put his arm around her.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2019 comments No. He is a typical man in similar positions. He thinks he has the right to touch women inappropriately.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 856 comments I agree. He didn't act out of the ordinary for the situation. Hannah didn't like him thinking he was just a jerk.

I’d just finished watching a couple of the Jeffrey Epstein episodes so, yeah, I was quite put out. Perhaps my perspective was a bit biased.

I keep thinking that the reason human trafficking is so rampant is because powerful men like Herb protect the other powerful men who use these girls. Today, I think I’d be seriously put off.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1037 comments Jonetta wrote: " keep thinking that the reason human trafficking is so rampant is because powerful men like Herb protect the other powerful men who use these girls. .."

My thoughts exactly. Those who facilitate or look the other way are just as guilty as those who commit the despicable acts. In fact, without these people it would be much more difficult to victimize vulnerable people.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2019 comments I agree. I saw the Jeffrey Epstein documentary. It is amazing how many people look the other way. They need to be prosecuted too.

Lauren & Sharon, I could not agree more. Without demand, there’s no business.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 856 comments I agree also, ladies. Knowing what was being done and doing nothing about it is horrible.