What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy, #2)
This topic is about Seduction of a Highland Lass
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Highland Romance; h nearly dies after taking arrow for H at his wedding to her cousin. [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SavageGrace (last edited Aug 07, 2020 03:59PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SavageGrace Read about 3-5 years ago. It was one in a series of books.

h was banished by her uncle after she fought him when he tried to molest her. She falls in love with H who is betrothed/engaged to her cousin; at their wedding, h notices a flash of metal and jumps in front of H and takes an arrow, almost dying. Cousin confesses at one point to knowing h was telling the truth about her father and apologizes for not fighting for her or supporting her.

I believe the cousin gets her own HEA in another book in the series.

Sorry for being so light on details but this is all I can remember. LOL

(In case people don't understand... h = heroine, H = Hero)

message 2: by Kateri (last edited Aug 07, 2020 04:05PM) (new)

Kateri | 34 comments I know you said this is all you remember, but just in case this can jog your memory...how did the hero and heroine end up getting together? How did the hero and cousin's betrothal get broken?

Where was the heroine banished to? In a lot of highland and medieval romances, they get sent to a convent/abbey. Does that sound familiar? Why does she end up coming back for the wedding? Did the cousin ask her? Was the uncle still alive at that point?

Did you read any of the other books in the series?

message 3: by SavageGrace (last edited Aug 07, 2020 05:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SavageGrace Before h lost consciousness, thinking she was dying (but also wanting to have married her anyway), H handfasted with her; the arrows is taken out and she goes through a fever but wakes up after a week. After the handfast, the cousin then released H from his obligation(s) to her. Neither H and the cousin wanted to marry anyway. I think the cousin married the H's... brother?... in another book.... the entire series was about this one clan, IIRC.

There is a confrontation with the uncle after the broken betrothal where the cousin finally stands up to her father and he's confronted with his attack on h.

I think h was sent to H's castle as a ward or forced to work as a maid. It's been so long. LOL

I read the other books in the series but couldn't tell you anything about them aside from the cousin ended up an h in one and married a brother(?).

Hopefully this helps a bit... I'm so frustrated at not remember more details; the wedding/arrow attack is nagging me to death so I'm hoping to reread the book to finally banish it. It's like an earworm! LOL

message 4: by Brenna (last edited Aug 07, 2020 07:02PM) (new)

Brenna | 447 comments Maybe Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks?
I just read the reviews and most of the things you said are mentioned in them.

message 5: by SavageGrace (last edited Aug 07, 2020 09:27PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

SavageGrace Brenna wrote: "Maybe Seduction of a Highland Lass by Maya Banks?
I just read the reviews and most of the things you said are mentioned in them."

That's it!! Oh my gosh - thank you!