What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Ingathering: The Complete People Stories
This topic is about Ingathering
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Science Fiction linked short stories in one book set in tiny town, nice aliens. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sayseal (new)

Sayseal | 2 comments Hi everyone, I read this book when I was a teen, so sometimes between 2000 and 2007 but it is an older book: it belonged to my father. The vague memory of the cover I have reminds me of later Science fiction books I read that were written in the early 90s. (I think it has a drawing of people at night where you mostly see the background, and it just looks old / 90s if that makes sense).

As far as the plot, from what I recall it's a cohesive world but you read a bunch of different short stories from it. I want to say it's short stories connected rather than chapters in a novel.

It is set in a village or small town that's quite secluded, I think in the mountains maybe? It has adults and teens and children, it definitely has aliens and / or people with powers including telekinesis. They are "good" aliens, they are fitting in the population and I believe the population knows but maybe not all of them ?

For sure one of the stories centers around the school and the female school teacher and her students, some of whom have powers

I read the book in French (I am French) but it is not a French book, it's either American or Canadian, and the tiny town it's set in either is or feels like it is American or Canadian.

message 2: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 388 comments Probably the People stories by Zenna Henderson. Ingathering: The Complete People Stories is a collection of all the stories, though there have been other books with just some of them.

message 3: by Sayseal (last edited Aug 06, 2020 06:54AM) (new)

Sayseal | 2 comments Genesistrine wrote: "Probably the People stories by Zenna Henderson. Ingathering: The Complete People Stories is a collection of all the stories, though there have been other books with just some of them."

Oh my god Genesistrine THAT'S IT!!!! Thank you so much I can't believe you solved it in two seconds when it's been driving me (and my dad!) crazy! In French it is called "Chroniques du peuple" in French and it has a that cover with a couple and the earth in the background (very different from the US cover so when I clicked on your link I thought it wouldn't be it)

Merci Merci! Will try to update as it says in the rules so it's clear that it's solved :)

message 4: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 388 comments I'm so glad to have helped! :)