Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > Quarantine Tuesday Reading Kaffeeklatsch 8/4/2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 87 (87 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Some storm blew through here in NYC this afternoon, moving fast! Lots of tree damage in parks. My bathroom window was cracked open and the wind blew the rubber duckies off the sill! That has never happened before. No power issues for me but the suburbs are a different story.

I have a haircut on Friday and am meeting a colleague for brunch immediately after, at a local place with outside seating. I am so excited!

message 2: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments The rubber duckies blowing of the sill reminds me of a comedian. His name is James Veitch and he's hilarious. If you haven't seen this, I definitely recommend it. Rubber Ducky Sketch

Yay for your haircut! I need one badly. It's been a long time and my hair looks very shaggy. I have short hair. But, I'm not ready to brave my stylist's house yet.

message 3: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 6098 comments So, back when I was in college I performed a certain Sesame Street song as a TORCH song. Come Zoom on Sunday and I may reprise that rendition ....

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Book Concierge wrote: "So, back when I was in college I performed a certain Sesame Street song as a TORCH song. Come Zoom on Sunday and I may reprise that rendition ...."

Be still my heart! I will be there!

message 5: by Theresa (last edited Aug 04, 2020 06:35PM) (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "The rubber duckies blowing of the sill reminds me of a comedian. His name is James Veitch and he's hilarious. If you haven't seen this, I definitely recommend it. Rubber Ducky Sketch

Yay for your ..."

I too have short hair. I was my stylists last cut before shutdown in March and one of his first when allowed to reopen in June. He had me maje an appointment then for this cut. He has own shop is is keeping all in compliance, so no worries there. Just not letting it go in case there is a second shutdown in NYC. So far so good but I think it will be a long time before I am cavelier about hair appointments.

message 6: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "The rubber duckies blowing of the sill reminds me of a comedian. His name is James Veitch and he's hilarious. If you haven't seen this, I definitely recommend it. Rubber Ducky Sketch

Yay for your ..."

That sketch is hysterical!

I confess - I have seasonal rubber ducks. My sailor rubber ducks blew of the window And I have a rubber ducky nativity.

message 7: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments That’s awesome! I’m that way with llamas.

message 8: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments You should see my sister's bathroom....

She has given me most of mine.

message 9: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments Survived the storm up here. I think it hit harder in NY. Thinking about hair and nails at the end of the month. Everyone else is doing it - so why not. It’s tough that COVID feels endless and frustrating. Compassion fatigue comes and goes with waves. It’s tough for all of us. I worry about winter when outside us not so easily available.

message 10: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Theresa wrote: "and am meeting a colleague for brunch immediately after, at a local place with outside seating. I am so excited!..."

Nice! I've not done that yet - eaten at a restaurant, inside or out. I have, though, the past 2 weeks, gotten together...

1. with a friend with takeout pizza in my backyard. We chatted and ate and sat on lawn chairs a nice distance away.

2. with friends who live within a 15 minute walk from my house (first time I've been there; wasn't sure till yesterday how long it would take). No food, this time, but we sat on their patio in their shaded back yard (with masks and distancing) and just chatted for a couple of hours. Was very nice.

message 11: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Book Concierge wrote: "So, back when I was in college I performed a certain Sesame Street song as a TORCH song. Come Zoom on Sunday and I may reprise that rendition ...."

Ohhh, fun!

message 12: by LibraryCin (last edited Aug 04, 2020 10:35PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Amy wrote: "Survived the storm up here. I think it hit harder in NY. Thinking about hair and nails at the end of the month. Everyone else is doing it - so why not. It’s tough that COVID feels endless and frust..."

Will you just get a trim or take more off? :-)

I doubt I'll be getting my hair cut anytime soon. There are pros and cons to having it shorter. It looks better down when it's "shorter" (should put that in quotations marks - it will still be past my shoulders). I usually also get it layered.

It hasn't been as long as it is now (half way down my back) for years). I do like the length, but it is thinner at the ends and gets tangled easier. But, it looks nicer when I put it up in a braid or bun. So, I'm enjoying putting it up more (when it's shorter, the only "up" is in a ponytail), particularly in a bun (my "librarian bun", as a library school friend used to call it!).

message 13: by Joanne (last edited Aug 05, 2020 06:29AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments I had a breakfast picnic with Friends of the Library last week-just talking to someone besides my daughter and husband lifted my spirits.

I mentioned last week that our Friends of the Library group was going to try selling books at our local farmers market-We did and it raised close to $400. So we are going to commit to doing it every Saturday in August, and maybe in Sept and Oct if we continue to make money on it.

I have not been feeling well, a lot of rain here last week. The wet always makes my artificial spine ache, cannot even describe the pain. Along with that my daughter had a small break down. I am proud of her, as she has held things in and this is only the 2nd time she has really broken down over the C-19 situation. Missing her boyfriend and feeling like she will never see him again.(He is in Florida right now-went down in April to get his house ready to sell, and now feels he should stay there for now-why? I have no idea, but not my business). I feel bad for all young people, Social distancing is hard on all us, but I think harder on them-

Sun Shiney today, they say the rain is gone for a while-so I will start feeling better and be able to get back outside to my garden😁

message 14: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 976 comments Artificial spine sounds extremely painful in itself.

message 15: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments Johanne wrote: "Artificial spine sounds extremely painful in itself."

I have "parts"-LoL-just have to laugh sometimes because it is what is, and hey I am still here! 😁

message 16: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments Joanne, I am thinking about how so many of us have lost the Bility to engage in our lives. Weddings and bar mitzvahs and funerals of course, and graduation parties and all the good stuff. Certainly camp. But the other population to feel really sorry for, are those whose relationships have been temporarily put on hold. Kids in love for the first time in who are just starting to date. Singles desperate to meet other singles. I deeply feel for Natalie. Also losing it over Covid is pretty normal. We have all had at least two breakdowns. As I said, most the time I’m in the most positive and spiritual person I know. But I’ve had a couple of breakdowns myself. And there are weeks where the compassion fatigue is really hard. Because I’m holding a lot of pain. And none of us ever thought we would be here 20 weeks later. I remain incredibly hopeful that we will get through this. Obviously I feel like our first choice was to completely eradicate the virus and that our country could have been willing to do that the way other countries did. But since we have proved ourselves unwilling to make that active service that only benefits ourselves as well as each other, our choices next to figure out how we live with the virus. Not my first choice. But I’m all for opening up safely. I can say this because I’m in Massachusetts and not anywhere else. Because we already made the sacrifice to get this thing under control. And many of us are willing to keep doing that to keep this thing down. But I guess I feel at this point open up the damn schools! I can’t have more of our lives lost because the rest of the country can’t get with it. We have to figure out how to live with the virus, and that means making calculated risks. So I think our schools can do this safely. I’m often afraid to voice my opinion

message 17: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments My phone was acting weird so I can’t say more. Except add that I am one of those people that feels that if you are social distancing and wearing masks we should be able to get on with the rest of our lives. That if we are able to go to grocery stores we should be able to sit in a classroom with 15 other kids. And all the stuff about deep cleaning the schools doesn’t make a whole lot of sense because if everyone is wearing masks and staying socially distanced, those spores aren’t going anywhere. This is an airborne disease. All right I will get off my soapbox now. But all the wipes and hand sanitizer in the world isn’t going to make this better. Social consciousness well. And then Natalie can be in love again. And people can live and mourn and laugh and die and feel together. And have hope. And begin to celebrate and make this world a better place.

message 18: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments Beautiful said Amy. We (as in our Gov.) in Michigan are really trying to follow the examples of the East Coast-but here in the Mid-west where thousands of Trumpettes reside, it gets harder all the time. I tried going back to the grocery store, but even with the mandated laws people are still refusing to comply. So I am back to ordering on line, and I feel as though I will continue this even after this bugger is eradicated (I have hope and belief in science)-I have gotten really comfortable with someone else filling my pantry. I still want to go (at the least crowded times) to pick out my own meats and veg. I paid top $ for 2 pieces of beef last week and what I got were two sides of fat that after cooking, shrunk to barely enough for Miss Lola. I should have returned them when I saw them, but just not worth the effort.

Yes, bad time to be young and in love or looking for love.

Here is to a PBT in person gathering when we can all celebrate life again~

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments Joanne mark my words! Someday you will have a hug from me! Maybe I get a surprise invitation someday to Natalie’s wedding! No pressure or expectation of course...

message 20: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments On the list of things I want to do someday in life regarding PBT ers....

Attend a broadway show with Theresa and Joi
Sing in harmony with Tessa
Attend a book festival with Anita
Visit Susie and Kate in Australia and NZ.....

Oh who knows.... Maybe i’d even take an Oulander Cruise with Doughgirl! Crazier things have happened. I’d at least attend an event.

As for my local gals, i’s still love to grab a bite and a browse at the Trident some day with Nicole. And Karin? I picture a jazz concert or maybe the ART.

And let’s add a few more....

Find Anna in California and treat her to a lovely lunch. She has earned it and we’d have a hell of a time.

Somehow get a Canadian your from Cindy and meet those damn cats. I meant darling.

Really hear from Charlotte around the journey with the Book of Longings. Whoops my phone is out of space. For those I’ve missed, I look forward to hanging with you too someday.

message 21: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments I should join one of the next Zoom meetups when the time zones work out, because my winter pixie cut is almost totally grown out to a bob! I kind of like the length it is right now because it's easy to run/walk without a ponytail. The best part is it is super healthy since it hasn't been dyed or heat styled.

I do not miss hurricanes and my heart is with all those impacted.

My husband has stepped up his listening/reading and I ended up reading a record number (for me) of 20 books last month to stay ahead in our competition!! I only reviewed the one Southern one that I read in time... I'll get to the others at some point.

The weather has been all over the place... today is supposed to be a high of 80 but tomorrow the high is only going to be 64.

message 22: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 976 comments Y'all are welcome if you come to Denmark.

message 23: by Miriam (new)

Miriam | 111 comments Hello there everyone,

back from vacation. Glad to see the group is still here :-)

Camping in different parts of eastern Germany went very well, spent a lot of time outside, swimming, biking, kayaking, reading and generally having a good time.

I was in Berlin for a few days as well, where people generally seem to have a relaxed attitude towards the general idea of masks and distance. A little disconcerting sometimes, but so far so good.

My summer break from school is almost over - had the first meeting at school today (meh).
Teachers can get tested every 2 weeks now. I will schedule my first test for next week and have a test every two weeks.
Everyone will be back at school in our part of the country next Wednesday, masks are obligatory now in school all the time. I cannot fathom how that will work and already see quite a few teenagers faint because of the masks in the heat.
Also students are supposed to stay at a fixed place, so no changing groups in the classrooms etc.. Still no real concept or plan on behalf of the ministry.

In general, the summer weather here in Germany seems to make people think they can't be affected or get ill anymore. Some (not too few) very stupid people demonstrated against the rules in Berlin at the weekend (of course not keeping their distance nor wearing masks, so the demonstration was then dissolved by the police after some time), I just don't get how they cannot understand the seriousness of this whole thing. Just because the measures taken were quite successful, they seem to think they were unnecessary. I recently heard that that is called the prevention-paradox.

The good time I had on vacation was mellowed by my dad having emergency surgery for several blood clots and aneurysms in his leg and my mom (who has early stage Alzheimer's and suffers from depression) being alone at home. I have three brothers, so it was nice to be able to share the responsibitily, but it is still difficult. None of us lives really close.

Since my dad went to a get additional treatment today and will be gone for at least three more weeks, we have to make sure, my mom keeps up her spirits by visiting and calling her and organizing (control) visits of neighbors etc. I know some of you can relate well.

Sunny greetings!

message 24: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments Amy wrote: "On the list of things I want to do someday in life regarding PBT ers....

Attend a broadway show with Theresa and Joi
Sing in harmony with Tessa
Attend a book festival with Anita
Visit Susie and K..."

I love this and definitely want to crash/join in on a few!!

message 25: by Robin P (new)

Robin P | 1929 comments Yes to Broadway! Theresa and I and my brother who lives in NYC will meet up someday. Also Tessa and any other Wisconsinites to meet up halfway between Madison and Milwaukee. I must say this is one of the few positive things about our current era, getting to know book friends on Zoom.

message 26: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments Broadway should absolutely be the locale of the in person meetup we will all someday have!

message 27: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Joanne wrote: "Johanne wrote: "Artificial spine sounds extremely painful in itself."

I have "parts"-LoL-just have to laugh sometimes because it is what is, and hey I am still here! 😁"

You are bionic, Joanne!

message 28: by LibraryCin (last edited Aug 05, 2020 09:56AM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Amy wrote: "Somehow get a Canadian your from Cindy and meet those damn cats. I meant darling. ..."

I would love to have you (or anyone!) visit and meet the cats! LOL! (When the border opens again!)

But, really, the draw here is the Rocky Mountains. (Ask Regina L - she's not around much anymore, but many from shelfari days will remember her). Banff, Canmore, Columbia Icefields on the way to Jasper or Lake Louise...

Or smaller, less touristy places for those who like to camp. The Rockies are amazing! Water and waterfalls and hiking in the mountains...

This is Peyto Lake:
description

message 29: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Aug 05, 2020 11:09AM) (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1389 comments The Rockies are amazing. I live next to them in the US and I love them. I would love to see them in Canada as I’ve heard they’re even more beautiful there. Mountains are my happy place.

message 30: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Miriam wrote: "The good time I had on vacation was mellowed by my dad having emergency surgery for several blood clots and aneurysms in his leg and my mom (who has early stage Alzheimer's and suffers from depression) being alone at home. ..."

I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Miriam. Hopefully he will be ok.

As for the stupid people not wearing masks, nor distancing. Sadly, they seem to be everywhere.

Do you have a limit on your class sizes? Here, they don't. So, high school runs 35-40 students in a lot of cases, from what I hear. The government initially said everyone will go back to school with distancing and additional sanitation. Nothing about class sizes! Or masks. They backtracked slightly on the masks yesterday. Now grades 4-12 will need to wear masks, but only in "common" areas like hallways. Not when they are sitting no where near anyone else (ha!) in their classrooms.

message 31: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments I live on the western edge of the Northern Cascades and keep saying that I'm going to get out to the hikes near me, while I have the time, and I haven't made it yet.

There is one near me that is a bit of a trek but it is gorgeous, Lake Valhalla. I've made it once but didn't get down near the lake because of a sleet storm that came in in Aug, and I wasn't prepared for it.

Rainier is pretty awesome and the parking lot is at about 6K ft elevation with a ton of easy hikes around it.

message 32: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8731 comments Jenni Elyse wrote: "The Rockies are amazing. I live next to them in the US and I love them. I would love to seem in Canada as I’ve heard they’re even more beautiful there. Mountains are my happy place."

I've seen the Rockies in Colorado, and they are beautiful, but yeah, the Rockies in Canada are even more amazing!

Charlotte, I'd love to get to the West Coast sometime. I've heard it's a beautiful drive down the coast. (Unfortunately, I don't drive!)

message 33: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Count me in! Broadway it will be!

Add to the list hanging with Joanne on the back porch and talking B-western films with her husband.

Raiding Tien's pantry in Australia for caramel popcorn and the latest stash from the bottle shop

Having Miriam show me around Berlin

Visiting my niece in Washington State then driving down the road to meet Charlotte.

Frankly, just planning travels again.

I don't actually believe Corona can be eradicated, and even in countries like New Zealand which have 'conquered it', it's eradicated only to the extent it is not brought back into the country by a visitor. I do believe that like with polio and measles and mumps -- all of which are deadly viruses that at one time threatened the lives of many -- we will reach a point we can live with it in relative safely. Eventually and not any time soon no matter what they ballyhoo about progress on a vaccine. Effective vaccines for polio, measles, and even mumps took years, even decades to develop. It's also possible that it will eventually mutate into a less toxic dangerous virus - we can but hope.

For now, I'm gradually opening up a bit to socially distanced in person outings in NYC. And thinking about venturing outside the City.

message 34: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments Love it!

There are some beautiful wineries between your niece and I and they are surrounded by lavender fields that bloom in July!

message 35: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8970 comments Definitely Joanne’s back porch! I wasn’t limiting myself to the hope of a wedding invitation!

message 36: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Charlotte wrote: "Love it!

There are some beautiful wineries between your niece and I and they are surrounded by lavender fields that bloom in July!"

My niece and her husband have sent me wine from some of those wineries for Christmas! And I adore lavender....there's a lavender farm outside Santa Fe, NM I always visit when there.

message 37: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments Theresa wrote: "My niece and her husband have sent me wine from some of those wineries for Christmas! And I adore lavender....there's a lavender farm outside Santa Fe, NM I always visit when there...."

There are so many good wineries to choose from!

There is a Lavender festival in Sequim, WA (on the other side of the sound, a ferry ride away) in July. I wanted to go but missed it by a couple of weeks a couple of years ago. Fields upon fields of blooming lavender!!

There are also the tulip festivals of WA and OR in April/May!!

message 38: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6336 comments Joanne, I hope you feel better soon.

Since, I am right now self isolating because of exposure from a parent after being open for 3 weeks at our preschool, I am having a bit of a breakdown right now.

So busy in July that I didn't read much and now, i am stifled being out again and not feeling like doing anything, but thinking about our country and the state that it is in and finding a way on so many levels to do things right.

Now is not the time to demand school reopenings, but to look at how it can be done and doing it carefully. I saw a picture of a highschool in Georgia with kids crowded in the hallway, no social distance and only a few in masks. I was appalled by this.

* We need a unified science, nonregional based fight against corona virus. There can be no economy or education without this and both of these are necessary for our country.

* We need innovative think outside the box ideas for restarting so many things including schools.

*We have to find ways to keep kids in smaller groups, avoid crowding while educating children and teenagers on how to keep themselves, their peers and their families safe. The numbers of those under 17 infected is on the rise.

*Children's and teacher's health is not something to gamble with.

*Children are resilient and inclined toward learning they can quickly make up and learn. Anyone who has read Educated can see that. I started out in remedial reading and I've witness tremendous growth in a short time span.

*While children are resilient we need to be thinking about how to reinforce their resiliency a national scale.

I'm at the end of my rant. Sorry about that.

message 39: by Jgrace (new)

Jgrace | 2977 comments Booknblues wrote: "Joanne, I hope you feel better soon.

Since, I am right now self isolating because of exposure from a parent after being open for 3 weeks at our preschool, I am having a bit of a breakdown right no..."

Don't apologize. Can I vote for you?

message 40: by Booknblues (last edited Aug 05, 2020 11:24AM) (new)

Booknblues | 6336 comments Jgrace wrote: "Booknblues wrote: "Joanne, I hope you feel better soon.

Since, I am right now self isolating because of exposure from a parent after being open for 3 weeks at our preschool, I am having a bit of a..."

Thanks, Judith.

Not running, just tired and horrified of it all.

Took a test yesterday, it has been over a week since exposure and by the time I get my results back it will be the 14 days necessary, but I suppose there will be some release in getting a negative test back.

How are you hanging in there?

message 41: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments I'd love to see a Broadway show with you all!
Maybe get some pizza beforehand, and end with a nightcap at a swanky bar. I can see our gaggle of witches giggling, and the onlookers peeking at us like we are crazy already. Who knows the next time I'll be in NYC, but it's fun to dream.

I was hoping to visit LibraryCin this September, but with borders still closed, that is def not happening. Banff and Lake Louise are a huge draw for my national park loving hubby. Hopefully one day.

message 42: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments Joi wrote: "I'd love to see a Broadway show with you all!
Maybe get some pizza beforehand, and end with a nightcap at a swanky bar. I can see our gaggle of witches giggling, and the onlookers peeking at us lik..."

I've been dying to go to Banff for a while now!!

message 43: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 7629 comments Booknblues wrote: "Joanne, I hope you feel better soon.

Since, I am right now self isolating because of exposure from a parent after being open for 3 weeks at our preschool, I am having a bit of a breakdown right no..."

Nothing to be sorry for. We are all having these moments. And will keep having them.

In fact, you echo what Governor Cuomo has been preaching for months. Not just preaching, but doing what he can as NY Governor to lead the way and do - not just with schools, but with everything. Ditto NJ and CT and MA. As he said, NY was the canary in the mines. Why did so few listen? Observe? Why did they all stay in the mines and far too many still stay in the mines?

It's so sad.

Some of that creative thinking, that restructuring is in fact returning to 'old school' design. No more vast 'open plan offices' with large numbers of staff in close proximity, with barely any barrier between. I know a large real estate mangement office in NYC that doesn't even have real carels separating is workers, but merely a desk barrier the height of a computer screen - 50 people in a room like that. Literally the chairs you sit in are not separated by any barrier. You have to go back to more private offices and real divisions.

Once class sizes were limited, schools were smaller. Then the Baby Boom happened and to accommodate the influx, new schools had to be built and built larger, with larger class sizes, crowded halls crowded dining rooms, etc. Once that influx eased, instead of going to smaller sized schools, they simply closed schools and consolidated into the larger buildings in the school districts. That thinking has to be changed and changed for the long term. It's going to cost money, require hiring more teachers, reconfiguring schools even the school calendar. It will also create jobs.

But, BnB, your recent experience highlights one of the areas that isn't being discussed - schools are discussed, nursing homes and group homes, but not day care and nurseries: how do you handle day care? Safely doing handoffs of kids from/to parents. Keep young children safe? Keep their caretakers and teachers safe?

So have your breakdown. You are entitled. We all are.

message 44: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments Amy wrote: "Joanne mark my words! Someday you will have a hug from me! Maybe I get a surprise invitation someday to Natalie’s wedding! No pressure or expectation of course..."

Or maybe I will make an East Coast Tour and visit you and Theresa when I can I finally get to Philly to visit my best friend. It is a regular summer trip for me, and I am missing her (Fran is her name) so much.

message 45: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments Johanne wrote: "Y'all are welcome if you come to Denmark."

My husband has a sister in Sweden, so there is a chance-we have not visited in awhile...

message 46: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments @ Miriam-Welcome back! So glad your vacation went well but sorry to hear about your parents. I will keep you and them in my thoughts.

Here in Michigan they has had said schools would open at the end of this month-but now they are re-thinking it. Happy to hear that you will be able to be tested on a regular basis!

message 47: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments Charlotte wrote: "I've been dying to go to Banff for a while now!!"

Watch us meet for the first time in Canada instead of in the PNW, lol. Hubby and I normally go to WA to visit family at least once or twice a year, so I figure we'll meet at some point.

message 48: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3824 comments We need some sort of master map of where everyone is!

message 49: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 8004 comments Amy wrote: "Definitely Joanne’s back porch! I wasn’t limiting myself to the hope of a wedding invitation!"

Good to hear Amy, because she said she won't be getting married-that's a whole bag a worms I would rather not open right now

message 50: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1604 comments Joi wrote: "Watch us meet for the first time in Canada instead of in the PNW, lol. Hubby and I normally go to WA to visit family at least on..."

I have family in Portland that I really need to go see. I was planning a visit down there for July before everything happened.

I miss traveling so much!

« previous 1