What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Crippen
This topic is about Crippen
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Mystery- 'Craven' book title/author? killer on a ship disguised as passenger.. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Camille (new)

Camille Kent | 8 comments I read this book in 2011-2013. I just got to read very little and had to return to the library due to some reasons, can't recall. The cover had 'Craven' written on it but I don't remember it was the author's name or the book title. So from what I can remember the opening was people boarding a ship for a long journey. The era must be historical because of how the attire was described but I don't remember the details. The book description entailed a killer disguised as a passenger on the ship from what I remember. The first chapter was of a father and son in their room discussing the journey. And please don't to be offended by this but later they were kissing and I don't remember much but the feeling I had at that time was maybe the killer was a girl disguised as a boy.....I don't remember 😏. So if anyone could help I'd be grateful.

message 2: by Kris (last edited Aug 04, 2020 09:15AM) (new) - added it

Kris | 35362 comments Mod
Camille, that's a good start. You must copy more plot details (from your first post - incl. historical, no spoilers) to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the topic header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

- Is there an (amateur) detective featured in the story?

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Are you sure it was Craven and not Crippen?

Crippen by John Boyne

Crippen is a fictional murder mystery about the real Dr Crippen and the murder of his wife. After the murder he tried to flee England by ship accompanied by his mistress. She dressed as a boy and they posed as father and son. The look inside feature on Amazon shows the first few pages feature people boarding the ship.

message 4: by Camille (new)

Camille Kent | 8 comments Yessss, the book is Crippen by John Boyne. I couldn't remember the name and God knows how Crippen got distorted into Craven in my memory 😂 thanks a lot for your help. Didn't think the teeny tiny things I remembered could help but you guys are the best. Thanks once again.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Crippen (other topics)