Horror Aficionados discussion

In Every Dark Corner
This topic is about In Every Dark Corner
Buddy Reads > In Every Dark Corner- Duncan Ralston 8/7/20

Comments Showing 1-40 of 40 (40 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Latasha (last edited Aug 03, 2020 05:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Latasha (latasha513) | 11084 comments Mod
Marie and I will be reading Duncan Ralston's shiny new release, In Every Dark Corner starting Friday 8/7/20. The book is only 99 cents right now-
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08...

Please use story titles and spoiler tags when and if necessary. If you are new to buddy reads- everyone can read at their own pace. to use spoiler tags- < spoiler > spoilery things blah blah blah < / spoiler > like that but no spaces in the brackets <>. If you have questions, just ask!

message 2: by Paul (new)

Paul Preston (pbanditp) | 26 comments I love Duncan’s work and I would love to join but I don’t think I will have time. I already have the book so I might try to squeeze it in

message 3: by Latasha (last edited Aug 03, 2020 04:49PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Paul wrote: "I love Duncan’s work and I would love to join but I don’t think I will have time. I already have the book so I might try to squeeze it in"

i PLAN on taking my time with it and reading a story here & there. I say *plan* cause we all know how they go...

message 4: by S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

S. | 270 comments I’ll be here! Thanks, Tosha!

Marie | 3674 comments We are not breezing right through it like Latasha said - we are just going to try and read it slow. :-) (Yeah - read a Duncan Ralston book slow?! - That will be the day! lol)

Shaina wrote: "I’ll be here! Thanks, Tosha!"

your welcome.

Marie wrote: "We are not breezing right through it like Latasha said - we are just going to try and read it slow. :-) (Yeah - read a Duncan Ralston book slow?! - That will be the day! lol)"

LOL Fake it til we make it Marie!

message 8: by Paul (new)

Paul Preston (pbanditp) | 26 comments Nice. This will be fun. Duncan has quite the imagination

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I added it to my KU list at any rate 😉

Marie | 3674 comments Cool - we are getting our buddies lined up!!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Ima stressing. I’ll probably be in and out.

David (davscomur) | 134 comments Can’t wait! Thanks for inviting me.

message 13: by Kristy (new) - added it

Kristy (kristylytle) | 83 comments I'm in!

Nice to see all of you here!

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Remind me y’all. I just downloaded the kindle unlimited edition 😉

message 16: by S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

S. | 270 comments I can’t wait! Excited !

I read the first story. Head. It was funny, dark comedy. It made me think of something from CreepShow or Tales from the Crypt. It was good fun.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Sigh. Did I already download this?

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I just read Head and didn’t like it 😕. I’m going to go listen to some audio book for a bit.

David (davscomur) | 134 comments I just finished Head and The Boats. Not sure how I feel about them yet.

I read the first few pages of Prick and skipped it. That is just not my kind of horror. 90% of the time, I do not like comedy in horror.

Marie | 3674 comments Well I have read almost all of Duncan's books and nothing surprises me. I have read some of his other short story books and this one is just typical Duncan. lol. :)

David (davscomur) | 134 comments Latasha wrote: "I read the first few pages of Prick and skipped it. That is just not my kind of horror. 90% of the time, I do not like comedy in horror."

I don’t either, Tash. I read the whole thing and it didn’t get any better.

This is (maybe?) the first Ralston I’ve read and so far I’m not terribly impressed.

I’m so sorry David. I’ve read several of his things and I would not recommend this be anyone’s first book if his.

message 25: by S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

S. | 270 comments “Head” had me laughing for sure! The third story, I gave it a try and then after a few pages It got weird and I just thought... yep, Duncan. But he explains it. Second story was good too. I’m on one after that and it’s creepy and it’s made me laugh too. I just hope I don’t get in trouble for laughing at the one part.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I just couldn’t like head. Maybe my mood. I don’t know if I’m going to continue on this one. We shall see 😕

Marie | 3674 comments Shaina wrote: "“Head” had me laughing for sure! The third story, I gave it a try and then after a few pages It got weird and I just thought... yep, Duncan. But he explains it. Second story was good too. I’m on on..."

We do know Duncan - don't we, Shaina? LOL :-)

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments Well hell. I feel left out 😕

David (davscomur) | 134 comments Done. I have a few other things by Ralston in my TBR. He’s not a bad writer but I’m not sure he’s for me. I’ll need a little buffer before trying him again.

Sorry David. Ghostland and Salvage are both really good and nothing like this one at all.

The Passion of the Robertson's - well that was better than the previous story.
The Burden- being trapped in any way, shape or form is a fear of mine. The daughter was kinda messed up too though.
I give both of these 3 stars.

David (davscomur) | 134 comments Latasha wrote: "Sorry David. Ghostland and Salvage are both really good and nothing like this one at all."

I’ll check those out next. I have The Midwives too.

Yes! Midwives was really good too.

Marie | 3674 comments I finished the book and put up my review. I gave it four stars. I have read almost all of Duncan's books, so I knew it was going to be a "twisted" ride.

message 35: by Marie Helene (new)

Marie Helene | 714 comments I really enjoyed 'The passion of the Robertsons' when I read Splatterpunk Fighting Back (nutters on both sides)

Marie Helene wrote: "I really enjoyed 'The passion of the Robertsons' when I read Splatterpunk Fighting Back (nutters on both sides)"

Yeah I liked it ok. It wasn’t bad.

I went with 3 stars. I didn’t hate it but it wasn’t my favorite either. I liked the Christmas story and the screenplay the best. I skipped a few stories as well as the sample of Ghostland. I’ve read (and liked) that book.

Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin | 2258 comments I going to skip this one for now. I want to be able to do the other buddy reads and the first story wasn’t for me. Or it’s my mood 🙄

message 39: by S. (new) - rated it 3 stars

S. | 270 comments The Passion of the Robertsons — I hate that there are ppl out there like that. Bizarre one. But totally Duncan.
The Burden — I think I was like you Tosha. No one wants to be like that. Good thing to make a story of.

Shaina wrote: "The Passion of the Robertsons — I hate that there are ppl out there like that. Bizarre one. But totally Duncan.
The Burden — I think I was like you Tosha. No one wants to be like that. Good thing ..."

yeah, that's one of my biggest fears.