What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

More Than Human
This topic is about More Than Human
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Adult Science Fiction (but not space war type) that takes place on earth about weird people with powers. The book is kind of dark. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Douthit | 2 comments I read this in 2011. It is by a male author published in the US, I think in the 70's or 80's.
This book is about several different people that have something specific that is special about them. I do remember there is a young girl with some sort of mind power, maybe mind control. For a while she lives in the forest with an older male character who is not very smart. On the other side of a fence from the forest there is a mansion where a reclusive woman lives, maybe with a daughter. I do remember something about a lake, and I believe someone drowns in it (the little girl may have caused it).

***SPOILER ALERT***
If I remember correctly, at the end they all meet at the mansion and somehow turn into one supreme being

message 2: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 388 comments More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon?

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew Douthit | 2 comments Genesistrine wrote: "More Than Human by Theodore Sturgeon?"

That's it!! Thank you so much! Did I have some of the details wrong or did I mostly remember correctly?

message 4: by Genesistrine (new)

Genesistrine | 388 comments Correct enough for me to figure it out, at least! :D