The Procrastinators Book Club discussion

Children of Virtue and Vengeance (Legacy of Orïsha, #2)
This topic is about Children of Virtue and Vengeance
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
★Buddy/Group Read Retirement★ > Children of Virtue and Vengeance (August 2020) Buddy Read Discussion - Samantha & Abigail & Emily

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Aless, Discord Procrastinator (last edited Jul 30, 2020 12:22PM) (new)

Aless (alesstheintrovert) | 532 comments Mod
Welcome to Children of Virtue and Vengeance Buddy Read Discussion thread! This thread officially opens on August 1st and anyone can join at any time. Please keep in mind that spoilers are allowed in this thread but only up to the group's current reading place. Do not spoil the book if you've read further than the group. Any extra days can be used to catch up!

Each day we will be reading by chapters or page numbers. Page numbers are based on the hardcover pages that are on Goodreads. The suggested Buddy Read discussion schedule is as follows:

Week of 8/1
August 1: Chapters 1-6 or 27 pages

Week of 8/2
August 2: Chapters 7-12 or 27 pages
August 3: Chapters 13-18 or 27 pages
August 4: Chapters 19-24 or 27 pages
August 5: Chapters 25-30 or 27 pages
August 6: Chapters 31-36 or 27 pages
August 7: Chapters 37-42 or 27 pages
August 8: Chapters 43-48 or 27 pages

Week of 8/9
August 9: Chapters 49-54 or 27 pages
August 10: Chapters 55-60 or 27 pages
August 11: Chapters 61-66 or 27 pages
August 12: Chapters 67-72 or 27 pages
August 13: Chapters 73-78 or 27 pages
August 14: Chapters 79-84 or 27 pages
August 15: Chapters 85-90 + epilogue or 27 pages

PARTICIPANTS
~ Samantha
~ Abigail
~ Emily

⚡️Samantha⚡️ | 57 comments Hey all! I apologize for not commenting until now--it's taking me a little longer than expected to obtain my copy of the book, but I should be getting the audiobook from Libby pretty soon! Then I'll finally be able to catch up :)

✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile (emilouie014) | 176 comments ⚡️Samantha⚡️ wrote: "Hey all! I apologize for not commenting until now--it's taking me a little longer than expected to obtain my copy of the book, but I should be getting the audiobook from Libby pretty soon! Then I'l..."

No worries! I'm also a bit behind. So far the story is getting more interesting but I don't know why but I'm not too invested to pick up the book.

Abigail | 198 comments So I literally finished the book August 1st but haven't had time to properly write anything so I'm just going off my notes here.

(view spoiler)

If I remember anything else I'll add it.

✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile (emilouie014) | 176 comments Not gonna lie but I kinda want to DNF this because Amari is irritating me which is why I haven't picked it up in a while. And it sucks cause she was my favourite in the first book.

I'm still on the fence about the book whether I should continue or not :(

⚡️Samantha⚡️ | 57 comments I definitely agree--I was a little disappointed because Amari was also my favorite character but I felt that she just wasn't the kind, empathetic, bold person from the first book.

I just finished the book so here's my review if any of you are interested:

https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

✨Emily | Procrastinating • Bibliophile (emilouie014) | 176 comments I've read your review and agree with the magic system. It's such an interesting world and I'm really disappointed with the characterisation. I might persevere to see what happens in the end, but yeah Amari's character arc took a nosedive.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.