Play Book Tag discussion

The One and Only Bob
This topic is about The One and Only Bob
July 2020: Other Books > The One and Only Bob by Katherine Applegate (Poll Ballot)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Joni | 623 comments A continuation from The One and Only Ivan, comes The One and Only Bob. Bob is the little stray dog that wondered into the mall and became friends with Ivan the gorilla and Ruby the Elephant. When the mall was closed, Ivan and Ruby went to live in a local zoo and Bob was adopted by Julia.

This book was told from Bob’s perspective. He tells of dog smell’s, his dislike for Snickers the sassy poodle, living on the streets, survival and of his first family…...his littermates that were tossed away on the side of the road in a box.

Bob gets to visit Ivan and Ruby on a regular basis. This one particular day was sort of ok…. minus the hurricane that is on it’s way. The rain and storms start. The sky’s become dark. Bob falls off the wall where he was visiting Ivan and Ruby, then suddenly, he is flying. A tornado has hit the zoo. Bob is dazed but worried about his friends. With the tornado, comes heavy, heavy rain. He struggles to find Ruby and then Ivan. During the chaos, he hears over the radio that the local animal shelter is flooding. Also, over the radio he hears a familiar bark.

Bob finds himself at that animal shelter in the same cage with this long-lost sister, Boss.

There is so much more to this little story. I really enjoyed it. It’s not the story of Ivan, but close.

Rose W | 29 comments I really enjoyed this book. Listened to the audio - and it was done by Danny DiVito - perfect voice for Bob!!!

message 3: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 6318 comments Lovely review. This might just be the book, I need to read now.