"Books are a Man's Best Friend!" discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Book Of The Month! > August 2020 BOTM~ The Lost Hero

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

Rudrakshi  (rudrakshi) | 350 comments Mod
Hey Everyone,
So, as you all know the polls of this month were pretty intense...
Especially between the three books:
1. The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan (10 votes, 25.6%)
2. The City of Brass (The Daevabad Trilogy, #1) by S.A. Chakraborty ( 8 votes, 20.5%)
3. Hate List by Jennifer Brown ( 8 votes, 20.5%)

But, we have our results out, and as we all know The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan won!
Once more, I'm really excited to read it with all the members! It will be great!
We'll start with the book on 1st of August so get your copies!

Those who want to access a free pdf ebook of The Lost Hero can go to the following site and download the ebook! And just so you all know even I'll be getting mine from the same site so don't need to worry it's totally safe!:D
Click here

Thank you,
Happy Reading:)
~Moderator (Rudrakshi)

message 2: by Pramod (new)

Pramod | 8 comments strangest man the hidden life of Paul Dirac..

message 3: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

Pramod wrote: "strangest man the hidden life of Paul Dirac.."

The Protagonist?

message 4: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

I just read the very first chapter...
The book seems quite interesting, It's just um... I dunno what to say about Jason he seems to know nothing at all and the coach... everything seems so peculiar and I am excited to read what happens next! It's quite thrilling and mysterious...

What do you all think, huh?

message 5: by Vibhor (new)

Vibhor (vibhoragg) | 13 comments I haven't yet read the Percy Jackson series. Will start with that first and will get to The Heroes of Olympus series then..

message 6: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (last edited Aug 02, 2020 10:10AM) (new)

Vibhor wrote: "I haven't yet read the Percy Jackson series. Will start with that first and will get to The Heroes of Olympus series then.."

Great! I guess I heard we should read it before this one for a better understanding if I'm right...?
Good for you tho!

message 7: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

I finished The Lost Hero. It was soooo good! I a getting the second book next week. "The Son of Neptune!"

Thanks for the book selection!!!

P.s. This message was sent to me by @Kashvi Bhogadi, a member of our group!
It's great to see that you enjoyed the book! Great to hear from you Kashvi! I'm glad you liked the book!:D

message 8: by Vibhor (new)

Vibhor (vibhoragg) | 13 comments Finished reading The Lost Hero today. It was a great decision to read Percy Jackson and the Olympians series first otherwise this book would not have been that enjoyable.
Great storyline in this book and paves the way for an exciting series. It all fit quite snugly in the Percy Jackson series. I liked that we had new protagonists starting off this series. A 5 star read for me, definitely something I would recommend to others.
The only point I would note is that the final reveal if you would call it that was quite apparent quite early into the book.
What do you all think?

message 9: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

Vibhor wrote: "Finished reading The Lost Hero today. It was a great decision to read Percy Jackson and the Olympians series first otherwise this book would not have been that enjoyable.
Great storyline in this bo..."

Great to know you liked the book!!!
I'm going quite slow this time, duh! But love this book so far and am thrilled to see what happens next!!

message 10: by Dean Ryan (new)

Dean Ryan Martin (survivordean) | 3 comments The Lost Hero is a fun-read. This is the first book of a new pentalogy after the events in Percy Jackson & The Olympus. Watch out for Leo, he'll make you laugh.

message 11: by Rudrakshi , The Booktrovert (new)

Dean Ryan wrote: "The Lost Hero is a fun-read. This is the first book of a new pentalogy after the events in Percy Jackson & The Olympus. Watch out for Leo, he'll make you laugh."

It indeed was a great read! The language was very interesting too!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.