2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
This topic is about Hour of Need
Hour of Need > Question O

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6199 comments Mod
Carson and Faith are being raised by Grant and in a few months, by Ellie and her family. Your thoughts about Carson’s adjustment? Is he part of Grant’s therapy?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Carson and Faith are one of the best parts of the book. Carson is just adorable and I'm sure that with the help of Ellie and his family, he will be able to adjust.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 109 comments I also loved the kids involvement in the book and found they added a nice relief from the intensity of the rest of the book. Kids are prett resilient and Carson will be fine. I suppose he'll end up being an added bonus to Grant's therapy as well but I still think Grant should see a professional.

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments The children were a great addition to the story. I loved Carson and just wanted to hug him. And it was nice to see a baby that wasn't just perfect. I felt bad for her parents and care takers. I don't know how long I could take a baby that cried all night. It would definitely take a team effort.

Oh, I’m with all of you about Carson! Loved his role in this story and he brought much needed relief.

Great point, Robin, at presenting a less than well behaved baby in Faith. It’s a common parental nightmare. Amazing that the crawling helped her out.

Yep, Carson will help with Grant’s therapy but it should augment that of a professional trained in treating PTSD.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Robin wrote: "And it was nice to see a baby that wasn't just perfect. "

I enjoyed the realistic portrayal and there were some really sweet and funny moments with Faith. I love how much Carson cared about his sister. That kid was just so cute!

Adorable. Grant’s going to be a good father. He has great instincts when it comes to Carson and a lot of patience with Faith.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1662 comments Carson will be fine and yes, I think he will be great therapy for Grant. With some professional help both of them will come through this.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2002 comments The children are one of the best parts of the story. Grant and Carson bonded. They will help each other recover from their traumatic experiences. I agree they both need professional help too.

I love how Grant took direction from Carson, and they way Grant didn't let Faith wear him down.

Ellie and her family are a constant in the kids lives. Even though they lost their parents, people who know them so well is good for them.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 852 comments I loved the kids in this book. Especially Carson. He was delightful. It was so cute when Kate's parents were going to take the kids home and Carson looked to Grant to get him away from that situation. Being with Ellie and her grandmother and daughter made perfect sense at the end. Carson knew them better than his uncles and aunt.

The screaming baby brought back memories. Our oldest had mild colic but it didn't feel mild to us...The screaming until they fall asleep is so tough.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 2002 comments I had one of those colicy babies too. It was a nightmare.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments Our oldest had colic from 2 to 4 am every night. Fortunately for me, his tummy only felt better on my husband's should as the pacing went on for those hours every single night for about three months.

I'm very glad that the younger three did not have this affliction. I might have stopped at the two boys had that been the case. Our daughters bring so much joy to the family, I'm glad they arrived in due time -- they just wouldn't nap as babies! I got lots of books read in the rocking chair with baby tucked in :-)