2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
This topic is about Hour of Need
Hour of Need > Question K

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Did you ever question Lindsay’s suicide? Were you shocked to learn Regan and Autumn killed her or did you have a suspicion? What do you think should happen to them?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1020 comments Yes, I suspected all along that there was more to Lindsay's death. The sections from her POV did not indicate any suicidal tendencies, and I wasn't surprised to learn that Regan and Autumn were responsible for her death.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 109 comments I agree. I too suspected Regan and Autumn had a hand in her Lindsey's death. I was super mad about the case against Lindsey after her death proving she was suicidal because she had a history of seeing a psychiatrist in California. Not everyone who sees a mental health professional is suicidal.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1020 comments Christina T wrote: "I was super mad about the case against Lindsey after her death proving she was suicidal because she had a history of seeing a psychiatrist in California. Not everyone who sees a mental health professional is suicidal."

This was complete nonsense and gives the impression that anyone who sees a psychiatrist is mentally ill - this is so stigmatizing and makes me furious.

I wonder if they even bothered to question the California psychiatrist who probably would have made it clear she wasn't suicidal. Psychiatrists have an obligation to report these kinds of tendencies.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 109 comments The fact that Ellie silently agreed with Lindsey's mental status being a good reason for a losing case of bullying irritated me as well.

Robin (robinmy) | 1384 comments It didn't cross my mind that Regan and Autumn had anything to do with Lindsay's suicide (besides the bullying).

I think they should be charged with manslaughter at a minimum. Since they covered it up, there would also be a bunch more charges. And, I want to know how much their fathers knew.

As I mentioned earlier, having Lindsay’s point of view gave me the slow realization she showed no signs of being suicidal. That made me suspicious of her hanging, which is a really odd way to take your life.

I was also angry that everyone could take the leap that she was suicidal because she had taken medication and was seeing a psychiatrist. That’s just stupid and it angered me. Ellie feeling like it was a possibility irritated me, too.

Regan and Autumn caused her death. Not sure what the manslaughter levels are in New York (they differ by state) but they sure are guilty of one of them. And, they showed zero remorse following her death and the fact that Regan wanted to keep the video to watch it over and over again shows a serious problem. They’ll probably be charged as juveniles so their time would be limited. But, they need to be locked up.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1020 comments Jonetta wrote: "the fact that Regan wanted to keep the video to watch it over and over again shows a serious problem"

Definitely indicative of sociopathy!

I thought that was the one😏

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1647 comments At first I thought no way was this a suicide. The I began to wonder. No one would listen to her and no one believed her. I was surprised that Regan and Autumn took it as far as they did. I was also surprised that one of the other kids didn't tell his parents or the police. I couldn't believe the hold Regan had over the other kids.

A herd always has a leader and she was it, propped up by her father and Victor. Regan was dangerous.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I certainly questioned whether it was suicide, but the fact that they left her hanging means intent by someone (Regan, most likely).\

No one even tried to help her.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments I didn't question her suicide until one of her last POVs. Up until then, I worried that they were going to force her to escape any way she could with suicide the only option after running away.

message 15: by Karen ♐ (last edited Aug 02, 2020 02:42PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 842 comments Lauren wrote: "Yes, I suspected all along that there was more to Lindsay's death. The sections from her POV did not indicate any suicidal tendencies, and I wasn't surprised to learn that Regan and Autumn were res..."

I agree. She didn't seem suicidal to me at all.