2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
This topic is about Hour of Need
Hour of Need > Question B

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6198 comments Mod
Grant returns home from deployment, Hannah is traveling internationally for business and Max is on a wildlife research project. What were your first impressions about the Barrett family?

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments That they weren't very close. Although this turned out to be wrong.

Christina T (crysteena73) | 109 comments I agree with you Lauren the didn't seem close at first at all but they all really knew each other very well except for their insight into Lee. Grant came to some revelations about Lee during the course of the book that surprised him. I don't think he really took the time to think about all Lee contributed to the family.

message 4: by Jonetta (last edited Jul 27, 2020 11:04AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6198 comments Mod
I felt like they cared for each other but lacked a bond. It was their mother who created that when she was alive but even if their father didn’t have dementia, he wouldn’t have that impact. It’s unfortunate but Lee’s death has helped them create a new relationship.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Christina T wrote: " I don't think he really took the time to think about all Lee contributed to the family."

My thoughts exactly. The other siblings seem to have taken Lee for granted. He was the homebody taking care of their father so the others could go about there business overseas.

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 1035 comments Jonetta wrote: "It’s unfortunate but Lee’s death has helped them create a new relationship.."

Yes, his death seems to have brought them together in a way that nothing else could. They have a shared purpose now in looking after his children.

Robin (robinmy) | 1401 comments I agree with everyone. They didn't seem like a very close family at first, but they surprised me. They did take Lee's work with their father for granted.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1662 comments Lee definitely stepped up to be the head of this family. He was a home base for his siblings and they all came to realize how important that was when Lee was gone.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1998 comments I thought that the siblings, except Lee, all inherited the wander lust or sense of adventure from their father. They didn't seem that close but they proved that wrong the way they all came together when Lee was killed.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 852 comments I agree with everyone too. They all led separate lives and Lee's death brought them together.