Obsessed with True Crime discussion

It's the members that make this group great.

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Lady ♥ Belleza (bella_foxx) | 3390 comments Mod
As I was rooting around closed threads trying to neaten things up. Because I know new members might want to read old threads, I happened on a thread from 2011 - Is this group dying?.

then 2012 - Is the moderator of this group a victim of true crime?

In 2013 I emailed Goodreads about becoming the moderator of this group. They approved. So now I was the moderator, a newbie moderator, no idea what I was doing. Some people left the group to form their own group. Last time I checked, their group was dead. All of them. This is the largest TC group on Goodreads.

Right now, posts have slowed significantly. We are not getting new members. Even though the numbers show a few thousand members, most don't comment. I can't be *censored* to keep track of who comments and who doesn't.

What I know is, the members who do comment are keeping this group alive. I'm the moderator, I'm one person, I have been diagnosed with clinical depression which is a b*tch!

It also makes me doubt my abilities and frankly wonder why you stick with me.

If anyone is on Facebook I have a page there with the same name. Occasionally I get people telling me YOU HAVE RUINED YOUR PAGE WITH YOUR POLITICAL POSTS! I tell them to FO. They say they are going to report me to FB. I block them. Nothing has happened so far.

I am posting the above in the spirit of full disclosure. You can post what you believe as long as it is respectful and not hate speech.

Love you all.

message 2: by Rita (last edited Jul 25, 2020 04:03PM) (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1105 comments Lady ♥ Belleza wrote: "As I was rooting around closed threads trying to neaten things up. Because I know new members might want to read old threads, I happened on a thread from 2011 - Is this group dying?.

then 2012 - I..."

Love you back Belleza even if I annoy you! ***hugs***

message 3: by Diane in Australia (last edited Jul 26, 2020 04:17PM) (new)

Diane in Australia | 640 comments Lady ♥ Belleza wrote: "As I was rooting around closed threads trying to neaten things up. Because I know new members might want to read old threads, I happened on a thread from 2011 - Is this group dying?. then 2012 - I..."

Aww, Belleza, chin up, honey. You're doing a good job. I, too, have clinical depression, and have been on meds for years. So, I know your struggle. In light of that, you are doing an EXCEPTIONAL job here. We active ones VERY much appreciate having this forum to participate in ... my favourite Goodreads group, in fact. *big hugs to youI

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13268 comments I have major depression in my history too and I am more impresssd than ever at all you do to keep our dumb selves in line. I know from experience how hard it is to do much more than breathe when you are good and depressed.

I also know that TC is an excellent cure for it. At least for me...

message 5: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Fishface wrote: "I have major depression in my history too and I am more impresssd than ever at all you do to keep our dumb selves in line. I know from experience how hard it is to do much more than breathe when yo..."

I remember reading a FB post that said, "Even if you're not leaving your house, you still need to shower every day." And I thought really? what if you don't have the energy to?

There were days when I walked into the bathroom, cause I was planning on shopping that day and just looked at my tub and walked out. Probably known as smelly Bella now.

message 6: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Rita wrote: "Love you back Belleza even if I annoy you! ***hugs***"

Oh you annoy me SO MUCH! ***cackles and runs away***

You also give me purpose.

message 7: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1105 comments Lady ♥ Belleza wrote: "Rita wrote: "Love you back Belleza even if I annoy you! ***hugs***"

You also give me purpose."

Belleza, I give you purpose so isn't that enough? YIKES...

***runs to closet slamming door while sobbing***

message 8: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Rita wrote: "Lady ♥ Belleza wrote: "Rita wrote: "Love you back Belleza even if I annoy you! ***hugs***"

You also give me purpose."

Belleza, I give you pur..."

message 9: by Koren (new)

Koren  (koren56) | 1402 comments While we havent met in person I feel like you are a friend. I dont know why, but pretty much all Goodreads groups I have been a part of are the same way- 500 members, maybe only 5 to 10 ever post anything. I try to think of ways to start a conversation but it usually doesnt last long. Hang in there and do it because you enjoy it. Whenever you are feeling down remember that we all care about you and want you to be well. Love you, friend!

message 10: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 13268 comments What Koren said!

message 11: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1105 comments Fishface wrote: "What Koren said!"

I love what Koren said too.

message 12: by Hari (new)

Hari Brandl (crochetbuddies) | 595 comments Rita wrote: "Fishface wrote: "What Koren said!"

I love what Koren said too."

Me, too.

message 13: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Me three.

message 14: by Rita (new)

Rita (crimesleuthjunkie) | 1105 comments Me four! ***dashes to the closet door***

message 15: by Erin (new)

Erin  | 376 comments I like that only a few people post. It makes me feel like I've snuck into an exclusive club.

But also I'm weird because not leaving my house hardly ever has improved my mental health. I just read and clean!

message 16: by Fishface (last edited Aug 14, 2020 02:13PM) (new)

Fishface | 13268 comments Erin wrote: "I like that only a few people post. It makes me feel like I've snuck into an exclusive club.

But also I'm weird because not leaving my house hardly ever has improved my mental health. I just read..."

*skulks away shamefaced because Erin has been cleaning and I haven't*

message 17: by Lady ♥ Belleza, Gif Princesa (new)

Fishface wrote: "Erin wrote: "I like that only a few people post. It makes me feel like I've snuck into an exclusive club.

But also I'm weird because not leaving my house hardly ever has improved my mental health. I just read..."

*skulks away shamefaced because Erin has been cleaning and I haven't*..."

Aww, ::hugs Fishface::

Then secretly - I'm not the only one!