2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > Blue Lily, Lily Blue (The Raven Cycle #3)

Comments Showing 1-18 of 18 (18 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SarahKat, Buddy Reads (new)

SarahKat | 3160 comments This thread is to discuss Blue Lily, Lily Blue, the third book in the The Raven Cycle Series by Maggie Stiefvater.

Pages: 391 pages

Length: 1 Month (August)

Participants: Ruthie, Eirelyn, Isabella

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks, SarahKat! :D

message 3: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments My library app is saying I'll have it in 2 weeks

message 4: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Okay, great. I was planning to start a different book first. :D

message 5: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Perfect! Which one are you starting?

message 6: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I think I'm going to start Looking for Alaska first since it's a standalone. I have been reading 3 books per month and that has been pretty good for me, but this month I have an extra book...but other than Looking for Alaska, they're all series, so I figure if I don't get one of them completely finished, rolling over into the next month won't be a big deal. :D

message 7: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments That sounds like a good book! You'll have to let me know how it is! Your approach makes sense! Good luck with finishing everything this month.

message 8: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Thanks! :D

message 9: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Started today!

message 10: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Awesome! I'm still working on my 3rd book, but this one is next! :D I'll probably start early next week.

message 11: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Just started this today! :D I've only read the Prologue so far.

message 12: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments I'm through ch. 7 now. (view spoiler)

message 13: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments Yes I totally agree with you about Noah and Gansey!

I finished it but haven't rated it yet. I might give it only 3 stars. Compared to the first two it was definitely meh for me. The first half I liked better but it just felt anti-climatic and at the end, my audiobook said "the end" and I thought "really?? that's it" lol

I'm not sure if the publishers wanted the author to draw it out into 4 books. I wanted more to happen so when we read the next it will be interesting to see if the two could have been combined but weren't or what we think of the conclusion.

message 14: by Eirelyn (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Ooh, interesting thoughts, Ruthie. I'll have to keep those in mind as I continue reading. :D

I read a little more after my previous post (I'm through ch. 14 now) and there was mention of possibly (view spoiler)

message 15: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 26, 2020 10:23PM) (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments (I'm through ch. 27)

I have to say, there's something about this whole series that I just really like, lol. It's the feeling of it. The way the settings are described. It just feels comfortable to read. I don't know how else to describe it, but I've felt this way while reading each book in this series so far. :D

Also, I'm interested to find out more about all of the (view spoiler)

Plus, there are all of the things (view spoiler)

message 16: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 26, 2020 10:23PM) (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments Also... lol...

(I'm having a lot of thoughts about this novel/series tonight. XD Still just through ch. 27.)

These characters feel so well developed, especially for the YA/Fantasy genre. I read a lot in this area, and I feel like the characters in this book have so much more depth than what I typically find in this genre. They each have very clear attributes, but they also have very realistic flaws as well. (view spoiler) So, while some of those things irritate me, I think they work really well for the characters' depths & for the story as a whole.

message 17: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 985 comments I totally agree with you! I think the way the settings are described and the characters and their flaws and developments are great and have been enjoyable to read about. I just think this one fell a little flat in terms of the plot moving along. Which is ok but not what I expected for a third book.

Yes there is too many "G" names lol!

Yes I hope the next book has more of Ronan's POV so we can get to the bottom of those things

(view spoiler)

message 18: by Eirelyn (last edited Aug 27, 2020 04:00PM) (new)

Eirelyn (ladyeirelyn) | 1244 comments ...and yet another G: Gwenllian

lol

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.