What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Legacy (The Darkness Within Saga, #1)
This topic is about The Legacy
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Heard this book 2 years ago. [s]

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments I heard this book on a road trip a couple years ago, i would say 2 years, during a road trip with an ex. He was listening to a book about a boy name kale/kell/cale im not sure how it was spelled but it sounded like Kale on the audio book. The boy somehow got to use magic and was running from someone i cant remember and there was a girl he was with. Lots of magic fighting and stuff, set in the past as most books are. I know thats not a lot to go on and ive tried google for the last hour and still cant find it. The book reminded me od d&d. Any help is appreciated.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 52 comments Hi Rei, can you remember:

How did the boy use magic? What could he do with it? Did the girl have magic too?

Who was the boy fighting?

Was it a series or a stand-alone?

message 3: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments I cant remember exactly how he used the magic. Im pretty sure it was a series. It was pretty similar to the Eragon series from what I remember. It was right when I have shoulder surgery so I'm fuzzy on the details

message 4: by Amanda (last edited Jul 24, 2020 02:17PM) (new)

Amanda | 52 comments Ok, the first thing that comes to mind is the Mistborn series. One of the main characters is Kelsier, but his nickname is Kel.

The Final Empire is the first book.

message 5: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments I'll look into that, thank you!

message 6: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments I'm half tempted to try to get in touch with my ex and ask him, we didn't end things on good terms though.

message 7: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments I just looked it up and that's not it. the boy Kale or however it was spelled was a teenager or young adult, thank you though!

message 8: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 52 comments Rei wrote: "I just looked it up and that's not it. the boy Kale or however it was spelled was a teenager or young adult, thank you though!"

Bummer

message 9: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments It was The Darkness Within saga!! The name is Kael hahaha thank you for the help Amanda!

message 10: by Rei (new)

Rei | 8 comments So Kael was pulled from his world to another and has to figure everything out

message 11: by Amanda (last edited Jul 24, 2020 03:28PM) (new)

Amanda | 52 comments Rei wrote: "It was The Darkness Within saga!! The name is Kael hahaha thank you for the help Amanda!"

You're welcome. I'm glad you figured it out!

message 12: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35395 comments Mod
Glad you book your book series, Rei. Here's the link for the first book - The Legacy by J.D. Franx (The Darkness Within Saga #1).

Please note - You must add genre and plot details (from your comments) to the topic header (title), so someone could recognize your book from that description alone. Many members only read the headers.

We have thousands of book requests. We close threads with vague headers.

Click the small "edit" link after the header. This only works on the full Desktop website - not the Mobile website or app. (On the Mobile website, there's a "Desktop version" link at the bottom of the page.)

message 13: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 39642 comments Mod
Please add genre and plot details to your header - this is mandatory.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Final Empire (other topics)
The Legacy (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

J.D. Franx (other topics)