The Majority Report Podcast Goodreads Group discussion

Does anyone here have a book that they read because of a recommendation from Michael?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 20 comments Mod
If so please share it here.

message 2: by Jared Aguiar (new)

Jared Aguiar | 1 comments Class Notes by Adolph Reed

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments I know of and love the work of Mark Fisher because of Michael. A lot of the books books I have read either come from MR interviews or TMBS mentions. I even got The Defender by Ethan Michaeli because I saw it on Michael's shelf during a live stream, and because I am a sucker for good book design. It would be cool if we could build a list of the "What We're Reading" emails that TMBS sent out on Patreon. I'm sure Matt and David have those. I also get a ton of book recommendations through Matt.

message 4: by McKenna (new)

McKenna (livingbetweenthelines) | 3 comments I checked out Corey Pein's (hilarious) book, "Live Work Work Work Die" because of Mike. Similarly added Adolph Reed's Class Notes to my to-read list because of him. I've gotten a lot of my to-read books through TMR and Michael.

message 5: by J-Reads (new)

J-Reads (jamsbooks) | 1 comments If anyone finds a comprehensive list let please post it. I would really like to circle back on some of the ones I missed and can’t remember

message 6: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments I will go through my emails from Patreon and see if I can find enough to make a helpful list. I'm sure Matt and David will help out in time. I don't want to bother them at the moment.

message 7: by McKenna (new)

McKenna (livingbetweenthelines) | 3 comments There's a TMBS Book Recommendations list here, created by the TMBS fan community:
https://www.goodreads.com/list/show/1...

message 8: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments Oh hell yes. I tried searching for one this morning but didn't see anything. Thanks!

message 9: by Ben (new)

Ben O'Leary | 3 comments I once asked him for a recommendation for a book on apartheid and he recommended this: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

I believe he also did a live stream just a few weeks ago that was partially just about book recommendations.

message 10: by Ben (new)

Ben O'Leary | 3 comments Oh and Democracy in Chains

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael | 6 comments This one is a must.

message 12: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan | 20 comments Mod
Thank you all for doing all this. I'm going to update this this weekend with a special shelf for Michael. I'm sorry for the delay, but this week has been an ordeal.

message 13: by Mucho Mucho (new)

Mucho Mucho (mucho_mucho_amor) | 1 comments - King Leopold's Ghost by Adam Hochschild (currently reading)
- Dark Money by Jane Mayer (read)
- How to Hide an Empire by Daniel Immerwahr (read)

The best book recs I've received are from TMBS and TMR. RIP Michael <3