What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Essential Beginnings (Surviving Ashes, #1)
This topic is about Essential Beginnings
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Romantic/Survival. Read around 2010. Volcanic eruption & two people with a young baby traveling across the US to reach friends that are waiting at a friends fish camp/ bomb shelter type of place. Tough travels with need of filtered masks. [s]

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments This is a survival after a Volcanic eruption. The volcano has erupted and this guy is packing up his shop to start traveling towards a shelter where his friends are waiting. He is almost ready for his trip to start when a police woman shows up - I don’t remember why, but he explain by he is leaving and she decides to go with him. She had a young child, so they all begin to travel together. The ash in the air get to be so thick that the vehicle they are in is starting to stall out bc of the filter getting too thick. Whenever they leave the vehicle they must wear a type of breathing/filtering mask. The guy creates a type of babysit case that allows the baby to breathe through a filtered type of device. They get bogged down in the middle of a city, and then they need to fight off bad guys while trying to rebuild/fix their vehicle. They continue on their way and make it to the town where the shelter is located. While they are waiting in a grocery store for their friends to come pick them up a guy shows up saying that he is with their shelter group people. They keep questioning the guy and everything and it turns out that the lady cop has to shoot him bc he was lying. They end up reaching the friends and the shelter.

message 2: by SBC (new)

SBC (essbeecee) | 894 comments Ashfall by Mike Mullin?

message 3: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments That is the Title that keeps coming up with my searches, but it’s not the right book that I’m trying to remember. Thanks though

message 4: by Trilobyte (new)

Trilobyte | 156 comments Possibly A Land of Ash 1st published 2010, 11 short stories

message 5: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments I looked up A Land if Ash, but that’s not the one I’m looking for. Thanks

message 6: by Trilobyte (new)

Trilobyte | 156 comments Eruption another possible, 2011, has a cop in it

message 7: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments That’s not the one either. Apparently there are several more volcanic survival type books out there than I thought. Thanks

message 8: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Is this an adult or teen book?

message 9: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments Adult book. The book I described is in a series of like 5 books all dealing with surviving the volcanic eruption.

message 10: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35336 comments Mod
Neely, what's the genre (which we need to add to the topic header) - e.g., adult thriller, survival fiction?

message 11: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments Sorry about the genre missing from the topic -- I made the corrections needed.

message 12: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments I’m almost positive that the author is female too.

message 13: by Neely (new)

Neely | 8 comments I GOT IT!!!! Surviving Ashes series by Kennedy Layne.

message 14: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 19559 comments Glad you found it!

Essential Beginnings for the link to the first in the series.