2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #2 discussion

Kiss Me, Kill Me (Lucy Kincaid, #2)
This topic is about Kiss Me, Kill Me
Kiss Me, Kill Me > Question B

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 6191 comments Mod
Lucy receives the devastating news that her FBI application had been denied. What are your feelings about her reaction? Was Sean out of line for ignoring her request to be left alone?

Robin (robinmy) | 1384 comments I expected her to be upset. But I was glad that Sean ignored her request to be left alone. She didn't need to wallow in her disappointment. She needed to get her mind off of her problems for a little while. Helping Sean built up her confidence again.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 770 comments I had mixed feelings about this, but I think Sean brought her out to deal with the reality but also to encourage her.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments I joined the Coast Guard while still in high school and that was all I had planned for my life. When I got kicked out of boot camp because of a knee injury I was devastated and didn't want anyone around, so I totally understand Lucy's reaction. Sean should not have picked the lock of her room and gone in. That was going way too far. My family did push me back into reality, but they gave me space for a bit.

Melissa, thanks for sharing your unique experience. I can imagine the pressure of having to “handle” other people while dealing with a life blow like this was overwhelming. Glad you made it through.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 1647 comments Angry, devastated and questioning everything she has done to make herself an ideal candidate for the FBI. She was entitled to all those feelings and working through them takes time, especially the "where do I go from here?" question. A little wallow time is fully understandable, but I think Sean was right to break in and drag Lucy out of her funk. Yeah, she was mad at him - he gave her another target for her anger other than herself, and that was a good thing.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments Sean did good by giving Lucy something to do to take her mind off things. My family did the same thing for me.

One of the things she could have handled better was to TELL someone what had happened. She closed herself off, canceled her birthday celebration and locked herself in her room. If she had told them and asked for privacy, Sean would have been out of line. Given she didn't, I think his persistence was warranted. Yes, it annoyed Lucy but Sean deserved knowing what was wrong.

Now, with that said....I would have needed more than a moment to wallow in my disappointment. Three days is generally all I can stand but I would have needed all of them! Her reaction was completely normal. Imagine having spent the last seven years of your life preparing for this moment. Ugh.

Melissa (melissasd) | 673 comments I forgot that Lucy didn't tell anyone why she was so upset. That probably would have made a difference in how Sean reacted.

It’s the only reason I gave him a pass.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 842 comments I gave him a pass also being that Lucy didn't tell anyone what was wrong. He was really concerned about her.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 1993 comments I agree with the consensus. Lucy knows how to manipulate her family. Sean sees through her and undertanss Lucy better than her family sometimes.