Play Book Tag discussion

What You Are Getting Wrong About Appalachia
July 2020: Southern > [Poll Ballot] What You Are Getting Wrong about Appalachia by Elizabeth Catte - 2 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 2 stars

Sue | 1228 comments I was utterly disappointed in this book. See my larger review here for my rant: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show....

This book was poorly written, poorly edited and difficult to read. Near the end of the book she pulls it together somewhat, which allowed me to give this 2 stars vs the 0 stars the first half of the book deserves.

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7994 comments Ha! I read your review-I just love a good rant on how bad a book is-I am just sorry you had to suffer through it.

message 3: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1446 comments The title of this book was intriguing, as I recently read The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek which was all about Appalachia. I read your review, which was great, although I'm sorry that the book did not live up to its title. Since I had also read Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis, I could follow your critique. It sounds like the author has some very black and white thinking.