Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Guardianes (Saga Guardianes #1)
This topic is about Guardianes
Questions > Please help me deleting this book. It belong to me.

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Please, help me deleting this book.
Guardianes is my book, but somebody created twice. So i need to delete those, in order to create mine, and put it in my profile.
Please, help me deleting this two books.

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5...#

message 2: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Andres wrote: "Please, help me deleting this book.
Guardianes is my book, but somebody created twice. So i need to delete those, in order to create mine, and put it in my profile.
Please, help me deleting this t..."

reviewing

message 3: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments I have moved the book to a new profile which you may claim if you like, and set the duplicate for deletion.

message 4: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Andres wrote: "Please, help me deleting this book.
Please, help me deleting this t..."

1. There was in incorrect edition. I merged it with the correct one. It should disappear shortly.

2. Is this the first of a series?

message 5: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments Here is the author profile. You can claim it by clicking the link near the bottom asking if you are the author.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show...

Please note that your name must remain as it appears on the book cover.

message 6: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Scott wrote: "I have moved the book to a new profile which you may claim if you like, and set the duplicate for deletion."

how can i claim it?
there is no way to just erase those two? so i can create a new book from my profile?

message 7: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Suzi wrote: "Andres wrote: "Please, help me deleting this book.
Please, help me ..."

i did't create those books, somebody else did it, twice. They even use mi ISBN.

message 8: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments I explained how to claim the profile in message #5.

The blank duplicate you created is being deleted, but it may take some time to disappear. The one with the cover and ISBN should not be deleted as it is the correct record. Nothing new needs to be created.

message 9: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Scott wrote: "I explained how to claim the profile in message #5.

The blank duplicate you created is being deleted, but it may take some time to disappear. The one with the cover and ISBN should not be deleted ..."

So, even if i didnt created those books, and profiles, one of them is gonna get erase, and the other want is not? so, after i claim it, can i change things like, the name, or the pages, because the numers of pages is wrong, also the publish day, and etc...

message 10: by Scott (last edited Jul 17, 2020 12:41PM) (new)

Scott | 23234 comments Andres wrote: "So, even if i didnt created those books, and profiles, one of them is gonna get erase, and the other want is not? so, after i claim it, can i change things like, the name, or the pages, because the numers of pages is wrong, also the publish day, and etc"

You can't change the name, but if any of the information is incorrect it can be edited. It could take a while for your author status to go through, so if you want to let us know what is wrong a librarian can fix it now.

message 11: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Scott wrote: "Andres wrote: "So, even if i didnt created those books, and profiles, one of them is gonna get erase, and the other want is not? so, after i claim it, can i change things like, the name, or the pag..."

I just claim the book; i sent all the information they request...
So, until they reply and keep telling people to write reviews on that book, because, in some point, its gonna be on my profile? and the profile im using now, its gonna become the authors profile of the book?

I would like to change a few things:
the book was published on may 26, 2020
it has 320 pages, not 319.
and, if its possible, i would like to change the name from Guardianes (Guardianes libro #1) to... Guardianes (Saga Guardianes, #1)

message 12: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23234 comments Andres wrote: "So, until they reply and keep telling people to write reviews on that book, because, in some point, its gonna be on my profile? and the profile im using now, its gonna become the authors profile of the book?"

Yes, your current user profile will essentially be merged with the author profile.

I have made the changes you requested.

message 13: by Andrés (new) - added it

Andrés Guerrero | 6 comments Scott wrote: "Andres wrote: "So, until they reply and keep telling people to write reviews on that book, because, in some point, its gonna be on my profile? and the profile im using now, its gonna become the aut..."

Thanks you so mucho and, sorry for the trouble.