What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Highest Treason
This topic is about The Highest Treason
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Short SciFiPulp Aliens attack Human planets but kill nobody and only enslave people. Humanity loses war because seniority is more important than merit. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Andy (andywger) | 2 comments Timeframe maybe 40s-70s.
- Communism everyone is the same nobody is allowed to excel at anything,seniority is everything merit is unimportant,
-Human planets get attacked Gouvernement does nothing because the aliens kill nobody and only enslave,
Spoiler:
One Officer decides to help humanity by betraying it. Killing a few million people to kick humanity into gear. People realize danger and actually put merit into action and easily defeat the aliens and start hunting him. They catch him and he is mortaly wounded but manages to trick them into thinking he has escaped to make sure they never get complacent again.

I think the title MAYBE had the word Enemy in it

message 2: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2098 comments I think I've read this one. I'll see if I can identify it.

message 3: by Andy (last edited Jul 17, 2020 05:26AM) (new)

Andy Love | 2098 comments The Highest Treason by Randall Garrett - available here https://www.gutenberg.org/files/24302...

P.S. I'm a different Andy than the one who had the question.

Andy (andywger) | 2 comments Thank you very much that drove me mad,

message 5: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2098 comments Glad to help.

message 6: by Andy (new)

Andy Love | 2098 comments It's collected in "The Great SF Stories #23" by the way Isaac Asimov Presents The Great SF Stories 23: 1961