Let's Write One-of-a-kind Stories! discussion

Your Writing & Work in Progress > Srujan's Writings and Works in Progress

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) For you, Srujan πŸ˜‰!

message 2: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments Thanks a lot! I have my first writing to share!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Fantastic! Look forward to it! 😍

message 4: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments This is my first writing. I am still working on it and planning to make it more appealing and suspensful.
https://www.goodreads.com/story/show/...

message 5: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments Guys I would really love your suggestions and advice as I am very new to writing stories. This is a very micro storyπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) It's great! I liked it, both pressing-the-like-button like it and like it like it! xD
Only, the sentences are a bit odd sometimes, but if you're aiming for a weird unusual writing voice, that's great too! 😊😊

message 7: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments I will definetely fix that problem while updating the story!

message 8: by [deleted user] (new)

IMO, you need some more paragraph breaks or commas. It's kind of weird with each sentence coming so soon right after another. It's like there's no time to breathe in between, if that makes sense.

But that could just be the style you're going for.

message 9: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments Yeah I know even I felt the same thing. I will surely work on it!😊

message 10: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments I am currently working on a few writing techniques that my teacher told me. They are Show don't tell and Unspoken Information. And now after practising them a lot my writing skills are actually improving!!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oohh, good for you!! I'm still working on those :) :)

message 12: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments I just wrote a small piece of description imagining a girl:

Her light grey eyes looked straight into me trying to say something. Her soft, apple red lips parted and her wavy blonde hair were messed which made her look more beautiful. A pair of long golden earrings hanged in her ears. When she smiled her cheeks rose with a tinge of pinkish red. Her charismatic image was attracting everyone at the event. She looked like she was radiating light in the room.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Beautiful! Stunning, even. Well done, except perhaps I would have used cherry red, not apple? It's up to you, it's just my personal opinion :) :)

message 14: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments Thank you Amanda! Cherry red would actually sound better!

message 15: by Srujan (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 12 comments One more small piece written by me by using the technique of Unspoken Information:
To show Hypocrisy/ Bribing indirectly
The gray haired old man stood with his weak limbs in the endless, merciless ques waiting when the man sitting in the luxurious cabin will extend a helping hand in exchange of something beyond his pocket.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oohh! Great! I've never heard of it, but it sounds lovely! I'll definitely try it out sometime xD