Play Book Tag discussion

The Subtle Knife (His Dark Materials, #2)
This topic is about The Subtle Knife
July 2020: Other Books > The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman ★★★★★

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenni Elyse (last edited Jul 13, 2020 10:13PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1386 comments This is my second time reading The Subtle Knife and, boy, did I forget almost everything about this one, lol! I don't really want to give a synopsis. Otherwise, it will spoil The Golden Compass.

I enjoyed reading The Subtle Knife just as much as I enjoyed reading The Golden Compass. I loved continuing Lyra's story and seeing the different worlds in this trilogy. I especially loved meeting Will and all the other new characters. The political and religious intrigue just keeps getting more fierce and interesting and I enjoyed learning more about Dust and what it has to do with anything.

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) I totally agree with you, Jenni. I definitely enjoyed the multiple worlds and Lyra's journey through them. And I do think Dust is cool. Pullman is really creative, weaving the religious elements in the story so seamlessly that I'm certainly intrigued. Have you read the Amber Spyglass?

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1386 comments I have read The Amber Spyglass. Although, I only remember bits and pieces of it. I really like it and thinks it’s a fantastic ending to the series and look forward to reading it again very soon.

rose - 忻怡 - (_imperfection) It certainly is a fantastic ending, though it's quite sad. I loved the series so much!

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1386 comments The ending is bittersweet. I do remember that.