Reese's Book Club x Hello Sunshine discussion

Requesting Assistance for Research Paper

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Contic | 5 comments Hello, my name is Patricia and I am conducting research for my Final Research Paper in my Masters program. My research topic is on the Reader Response Theory, in which I am looking at how there are different interpretations within a book based on the reader. I am using the book Giver of the Stars as my book choice. If you have read the book, I would really appreciate it if you could help me in my research by answering a few questions that I have directed to my research. If you could message me on Goodreads, I will provide you with the questionnaire. It would be a huge help to me and I thank you in advance. Best - Patricia

message 2: by Julija (new)

Julija Todorova | 1 comments Hi Patrica, I have read Giver od the Stars. If you still need volunteers for the research I am here.

message 3: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca Lessa (rsi17433) hey I can help if u still need

message 4: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Contic | 5 comments Julija wrote: "Hi Patrica, I have read Giver od the Stars. If you still need volunteers for the research I am here."

Thank you for offering to assist, Goodreads is not allowing me to email you so the questions are below. Please feel free to email me on here.
1. Why did you choose to read this book?
2. If it was because of it was part of the book club, why did you join the book club?
3. Did you relate to any of the characters? If so, who and why. If not, why?
4. Did you imagine yourself in this book?
5. This book shows the importance of books, even back in the 40’s, do you agree?
6. Would you have joined the pack horse library?
7. Throughout the book, the position of women is discussed, how did you interpret those expectations?
8. Was there one event directed towards women’s position that stood out more to you then the others?
9. Did this book stay with you after you finished?
10. As a historical fiction, did your thought process of that period change from reading this book?

message 5: by Patricia (new)

Patricia Contic | 5 comments Rebecca wrote: "hey I can help if u still need"

Thank you for offering to assist, Goodreads is not allowing me to email you so the questions are below. Please feel free to email me on here.
1. Why did you choose to read this book?
2. If it was because of it was part of the book club, why did you join the book club?
3. Did you relate to any of the characters? If so, who and why. If not, why?
4. Did you imagine yourself in this book?
5. This book shows the importance of books, even back in the 40’s, do you agree?
6. Would you have joined the pack horse library?
7. Throughout the book, the position of women is discussed, how did you interpret those expectations?
8. Was there one event directed towards women’s position that stood out more to you then the others?
9. Did this book stay with you after you finished?
10. As a historical fiction, did your thought process of that period change from reading this book?

message 6: by Tony (last edited Jul 17, 2020 12:55AM) (new)

Tony Multh | 4 comments Hello,
I beg your pardon for intruding into your conversation - please, be so kind to let me know how to ask help getting information about a writer: JAMES BARROS - who is the author of OFFICE WITHOUT POWER.
Thank for your hep
Tony

message 7: by Best (new)

Best Book | 2 comments Hi friends please visit my site for recommendations about books visit bestbookarea.blogspot.com
Also join our group which named as bestbook

message 8: by Connie Graham (new)

Connie Graham | 5 comments Hi Patricia - I’d be happy to help you with your research project. I see the questions above. Let me know if you no longer need assistance. Thanks!

message 9: by Connie Graham (new)

Connie Graham | 5 comments If someone could help me out with how to email someone who has posted, I’d appreciate it. New to this area of Goodreads and still fumbling about! Thanks!

message 10: by Connie Graham (new)

Connie Graham | 5 comments Got it! Thanks!

message 11: by Best (new)

Best Book | 2 comments Thank you very much and please share it