Our Writing Clubbbb discussion

Challenges > Reading Challenge SIGN UPS

Comments Showing 1-50 of 147 (147 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 16, 2020 09:40PM) (new)

Ya'll know what tis is!!! But if you forgot:

(view spoiler)

List so far:
None

TAKEN:
Shayna--Challenged by Potatoes/Dagger to read "Ender's Game" and accepted

Potatoes--Challenged by Shayna to read "Dead Beautiful". She accepted.

Jay--Challenged by E to read "Cinder" (Lunar Chronicles) and accepted, also challenged by Shayna to read "The Silence of Murder" and also accepted :)

E the Phoenix--Challenged by Jay to read "The Eye of the World" and accepted

Eva---Challenged by Bee to read Throne of Glass by Sarah J Maas and accepted

Sushie--challenged by Monique to read "Daughter of the Forest" in the Sevenwater trilogy and accepted.

Cami---Challenged by Sushie to read ANYTHING by Brandon Sanderson and accepted. (Not sure on a specific book yet, I think)

Monique---Challenged by Shayna to read "Where the Red Fern Grows" and "The Outsiders" and accepted.

Megan Fox--Challenged by E the Phoenix to read "All The Stars and Teeth" AND "Truthwitch" and accepted.

Olivia Fox--Challenged By Jay to read "Rise of the Dibor" and accepted

Challenged but not yet accpeted:
Lunaria--challenged by one of the Foxes (Olivia) to read one of 3 books. I pmed you the books. (view spoiler)

WE BEGIN READING: Saturday, June 27th (gives you plenty time to receive your books)

Phoenix (Books with Wings) I'd like to sign up!

Eᐯᗩ ᗪᗩᗯᔕOᑎ ᗯᗩᖇᑎEᖇ I am gonna sign up!

message 5: by mugs (new)

mugs I'll sign up?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Do we challenge people here or somewhere else?

message 8: by [deleted user] (last edited May 29, 2020 09:37PM) (new)

E the Phoenix wrote: "Do we challenge people here or somewhere else?"

You can challenge them here!! OR, you can PM as well, but notify me pls.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Okay. I'm going to wait to see who else signs up before challenging someone.

message 10: by [deleted user] (new)

E the Phoenix wrote: "Okay. I'm going to wait to see who else signs up before challenging someone."

Sounds good :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Bee challenges Eva!!!

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

~& Bee&~ wrote: "Bee challenges Eva!!!"

Oh kurrt! Alrighty! But.....u challenge her to do what?????

Eᐯᗩ ᗪᗩᗯᔕOᑎ ᗯᗩᖇᑎEᖇ What have i been challenged to?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Can I challenge Jay?

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

What can I do?

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "May I sign up?"

Yup

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

~& Bee&~ wrote: "What can I do?"

You can challenge Eva to:

1. Read a certain genre
2. Read from a certain author
3. Or even read a SPECIFIC book (Like me and Universe/Potatoes did)

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

E the Phoenix wrote: "Can I challenge Jay?"

Sure! As long as she agrees tho. You can pm to ask her or do it here

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Do I have to do it as well?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) JAY DO YOU AGREE TO MY CHALLENGE???

Phoenix (Books with Wings) ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "JAY DO YOU AGREE TO MY CHALLENGE???"

Uhh... That depends on what book/author it is? XD But I will accept a chalange from you! :)"

Okay, well you might have read this already because it's a pretty popular book, but I challenge you to read Cinder, by Marissa Meyer.

Phoenix (Books with Wings) ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "JAY DO YOU AGREE TO MY CHALLENGE???"

Uhh... That depends on what book/author it is? XD But I will accept a chalange from you! :)..."

Hmm....yeah there is definitely royalty in these books but the main character is a strong female character--she is not a princess! (yet)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) E the Phoenix wrote: "ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "JAY DO YOU AGREE TO MY CHALLENGE???"

Uhh... That depends on what book/author it is? XD But I will accept a chalange from you! :)"

Okay, well you migh..."

YES!
EVERYONE should read that book!

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Yes, you can challenge me

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Are...are you going to challenge me to a specific book?

Phoenix (Books with Wings) Accepted! Though I'm currently reading a lot of other books right now so I might not get to it for a while....I'll try to make time to read it though!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

~& Bee&~ wrote: "Do I have to do it as well?"

Not necessarily?? I mean, if you want to challenge Eva but you don't want her to challenge you, that's ok. But that's just usually how it works XD

message 28: by [deleted user] (new)

E the Phoenix wrote: "Accepted! Though I'm currently reading a lot of other books right now so I might not get to it for a while....I'll try to make time to read it though!"

Nice!

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "E the Phoenix wrote: "JAY DO YOU AGREE TO MY CHALLENGE???"

Uhh... That depends on what book/author it is? XD But I will accept a chalange from you! :)..."

:)

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

It's so great that we have a even number of people up for grabs :)

message 31: by [deleted user] (new)

Hopefully others will sign up!!

Eᐯᗩ ᗪᗩᗯᔕOᑎ ᗯᗩᖇᑎEᖇ So bee do you want to just challenge me or do the challenge together?

message 33: by Monique (new)

Monique | 7 comments Can I sign up? If it is not too late of course! I am down to my last week of exams for this semester, so need to find some new reading material for the next month of holidays =)

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

Monique wrote: "Can I sign up? If it is not too late of course! I am down to my last week of exams for this semester, so need to find some new reading material for the next month of holidays =)"

Of course :)

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Just a clarification: if we don't have a even number of people and someone is left with nobody to challenge them, I or another mod will challenge them *mwahahahah*

message 36: by [deleted user] (last edited May 31, 2020 04:27PM) (new)

We will begin reading our individual books Monday, June 29th. Is that ok with everyone? I know shipping takes longer now with COVID, that's why it's such a late date. Just let meh know :)

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) I challenge Cami to read a Brandon Sanderson book.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) I know, right? And I know that he has some BIG books, but Alcatraz VS The Evil Librarians is super short aaaaaaand funny!
Steelheart also isn't too long, and same with Skyward!
I don't know how he writes with such range.

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) Tough one....
Bastille's got the sass, David's metaphors are just great, I haven't read any of his big books yet, sooooo....
Skyward might be the hardest to choose from. Spends a in the prologue is just wonderful, Jorgen is the greatest jerk face on Detritus, M-Bot is a riot, doomslug is the cutest little thing, Cob is a great mentor... I could go on... For hours. 😜

message 40: by mugs (last edited Jun 01, 2020 04:59AM) (new)

mugs Sushie wrote: "I challenge Cami to read a Brandon Sanderson book."

Okay! I'll see if I can find one! Do you guys have any suggestions as to which one? ((Apologies if you were talking to a different Cami))

Sushie || "In writing, you must kill all your darlings." -William Faulkner (73687) ((No, it's you XD))
I don't know, he has a few stand alones if your wanting this to be a one time thing. I've heard the Rithmatqist is really good, but have yet to read it Elntris, as well (but that book is big).
Then there's just the series': Alcatraz vs the Evil Librarians is a five book series but each book is super short. It's more of a comedy book with lots of adventure.
Skyward is one of his newer books, so as you can guess, his writing got better. It's a science fiction about people who left earth, chased by the Krell, an alien force. Their trying hard to be defiant while struggling to survive on the planet Detritus.
Steelheart is a three book series and the main character's head is great to be inside! I'm actually thinking of reading this book again.

message 42: by mugs (new)

mugs
((Okay! Good!))
Thanks for the suggestions!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

Cami wrote: "((Okay! Good!))
Thanks for the suggestions!"

So, you accept?? :)

message 44: by [deleted user] (last edited Jun 01, 2020 12:09PM) (new)

I challenge Eva to a book by Sara J Maas. Throne of Glass,

I’m willing to do a challenge as well.

message 45: by mugs (new)

mugs S̾h̾a̾y̾n̾a̾-̾-̾T̾e̾a̾r̾d̾r̾o̾p̾ ̾S̾o̾n̾g̾ (TEARS are words & stories.) wrote: "Cami wrote: "((Okay! Good!))

So, you accept?? :)"

Yep! Sorry for not stating it clearly!

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Cami wrote: "S̾h̾a̾y̾n̾a̾-̾-̾T̾e̾a̾r̾d̾r̾o̾p̾ ̾S̾o̾n̾g̾ (TEARS are words & stories.) wrote: "Cami wrote: "((Okay! Good!))

So, you accept?? :)"

Yep! Sorry for not stating it clearly!"

No, it was my fault. COOL! I'll put you down as taken (it seems so weird to say: Say it out loud XD)

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

Cami, do you think you might have an idea which Brandon Sanderson book you'll read? Possibly? :)

Eᐯᗩ ᗪᗩᗯᔕOᑎ ᗯᗩᖇᑎEᖇ I will read that book!

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

ʝʊֆȶ ʝօʏʄʊʟ ʝǟʏ wrote: "Question! Am I allowed to get challenged more than once?"

Well.....never thought about it, but YEP! I mean, more books to read, right??? :)

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Eva wrote: "I will read that book!"

Ok! Perfect! I've heard Throne of Glass is good btw

« previous 1 3