What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Search (Eve Duncan, #3)
This topic is about The Search
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Suspense - Love story between a rescuer and a mercenary. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Guilligirl (new)

Guilligirl | 5 comments Hello,
I'm looking for a book I red in the 90's. This is the story of a rescuer and her dog, who has a half-brother obsessed with ancient Egypt and in love with her. At the beginning of the novel, a former soldier she does not support asks her for help but I don't remember why. They perform a rescue mission on a mudslide in Latin America and realize that it was the half-brother who caused it. They fall in love over the course of the story. I also remember that, one day, she picks up a wolf in her house...
Any ideas ?
Thanks in advance
PS : sorry for my bad english, I'm french :)

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Guilligirl, who does the woman work for (e.g., international search-and-rescue organization)? Where does she live?

Who does the mercenary hero work for? Where does he live?

message 3: by Guilligirl (new)

Guilligirl | 5 comments Hi, I dont remember where she lives except it’s in a lonely house surrounded by mountains or forest, that's why she founds a wounded young wolf. The mercenary lives temporarily with her.
She actually works for a search-and-recue organization.
At the beginning of the book, the mercenary asks for her help, she doesn't want cause she doesn't like him but he threatens to take away his dog if she doesn't obey.
I remember all the story except the names of the characters and the places where it happens :(

message 4: by Guilligirl (new)

Guilligirl | 5 comments Sorry, I meant "her" dog.

message 5: by Guilligirl (new)

Guilligirl | 5 comments I found it !!!
It's written by Iris Johansen ; the heroin is Sarah Patrick and her dog monty. But I haven't found the title yet.

message 6: by Guilligirl (new)

Guilligirl | 5 comments I think it's The Search (2000)
Thanks to your questions I remembered some details, thank you !

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35128 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book, Guilligirl. Here's the link - The Search by Iris Johansen.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Search (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Iris Johansen (other topics)