What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Daughters of Ardmore Hall
This topic is about The Daughters of Ardmore Hall
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Gothic or possibly mystery fiction. A mother that has two daughters and the favorite daughter ends up mysteriously murdered. Read in 1970s. Spoiler ahead. [s]

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dora (new) - added it

Dora Christine Fisher | 115 comments I read this book many years ago and it was an older book so I do not know the publication year. What I remember is a mother with two daughters that were young ladies possibly and their late teens early twenties. The mother favored the one daughter named Charlotte. I don't remember the other sister's name. Charlotte ends up found murdered and at the end of the book it comes out that the mother is the one who actually murdered her favorite daughter.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 34470 comments Mod
Dora, around what year did you read this book? A range of years is fine.

What is the story's time period and location?

message 3: by Dora (new) - added it

Dora Christine Fisher | 115 comments I read this book in the mid-to-late 70s. It may have been published between the forties and the 70s. The timeline in the book was when ladies wore long dresses but not a western. It was either Gothic, mystery or historical fiction.

message 4: by Kris (last edited May 28, 2020 02:41PM) (new)

Kris | 34470 comments Mod
Thanks. I added "Read in 1970s." and a spoiler alert to the topic header. Feel free to update it.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1139 comments I think Dorothy Eden had one like this. I just can't remember which book.

message 6: by Dora (new) - added it

Dora Christine Fisher | 115 comments I don't remember the location. I may be wrong but this is what I remember, it seemed like everything took place either in a mansion or a very large older house. There seem to be either a river or stream where the young ladies would walk at times. If I'm not wrong I believe that is where Charlotte was found murdered.

message 7: by Dora (new) - added it

Dora Christine Fisher | 115 comments Check out this book on Goodreads: The Daughters Of Ardmore Hall https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/6...

message 8: by Dora (new) - added it

Dora Christine Fisher | 115 comments Solved, thank you for letting me know the name of the author. This is it, thank you so very much.

Amber (Daisymau) (daisymau) | 1139 comments Glad you found it Dora. I knew it was Dorothy Eden. I just couldn't remember the title.

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dorothy Eden (other topics)