Paranormal Women's Fiction Fanatics discussion

General > What do you really really want...

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bree, High Sorceress Amazingly Enough (new)

Bree Adams | 16 comments Mod
I can't believe we're a frogs breath from being at 100 members! Tell us what you want, what you really really want...

message 2: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Namita  (-namita) | 159 comments Mod
Yep, come on ladies let us know what we can do. Baby steps here.

message 3: by Lonie (new)

Lonie Mc. | 6 comments More book leads. I'm a voracious reader and find that referrals get me the best books.

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments I would love to see some kind of rating system from cozy to explicit for those of us on the tamer side and those who prefer the wilder side.

message 5: by Hockey Mama (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Yeah, sometimes I just want a mystery. Romance not necessary. Sometimes the romance is so much the same, it ruins the book. lol. I love the world the authors create, and the mysteries, and fun. But I guess I am old and cynical, the romance is predictable and I tend to skip those parts. lol

message 6: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Kat, lover of bears... wrote: "I would love to see some kind of rating system from cozy to explicit for those of us on the tamer side and those who prefer the wilder side."

All the PWF books are tame. None of them are erotic, so I think we are good on that front.

message 7: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Lonie wrote: "More book leads. I'm a voracious reader and find that referrals get me the best books."

I am slowly adding series by the Fab 13. So, you’ll find more books.

There is also a thread for What are you Reading. Lots of good recommendations will come from there as well. Be sure to visit the thread.

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments Namita wrote: "Kat, lover of bears... wrote: "I would love to see some kind of rating system from cozy to explicit for those of us on the tamer side and those who prefer the wilder side."

All the PWF books are t..."

So far.... but I have noticed that some of the authors are extremely explicit in their other works. I just read "A Bad Day for Sunshine" by Darynda Jones (PWF author) and it was too explicit for me. I know that Kristen Painter always writes clean reads but I was hoping that another PWF author wrote clean reads as well. I'm not a prude, I don't like someone telling me how a "good sexual experience" should be.

message 9: by Hockey Mama (last edited Aug 01, 2020 04:16PM) (new)

Hockey Mama | 53 comments Shannon Mayer's series was cleaner than that. I don't like overly explicit ones either. I don't want it all about sex. I want the story. The world that is created. The mystery. The characters. The magic. That makes the story better. Development of story, characters, world, magic system, paranormal creatures, mysteries.

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments Hockey Mama wrote: "Shannon Mayer's series was cleaner than that. I don't like overly explicit ones either. I don't want it all about sex. I want the story. The world that is created. The mystery. The characters. The ..."

Yes! Exactly.

message 11: by Briana (new)

Briana | 2 comments HI, Overall really enjoying the books in this genre. The one thing I'd like to change is that the leading characters is a woman that gets dumped on by her husband. Almost all of these the character the husband cheats and asks for divorce. Do they all have to come from toxic relations and why do they all fall someone else so soon after? Why can't they just be strong woman or find themselves because of other traumatic, climatic events???

message 12: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 2 comments Check out the Glimmer Lake series, that one is about a husband and wife re-discovering each other and is really good.

I think that it boils down to being a catalyst that forces women to look out for themselves.

Robyn Peterman is also about a husband and wife duo that is not battling against each other- he does die... though

message 13: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Kat, lover of bears... wrote: "Namita wrote: "Kat, lover of bears... wrote: "I would love to see some kind of rating system from cozy to explicit for those of us on the tamer side and those who prefer the wilder side."

All the ..."

Jana DeLeon’s Miss Fortune series would be good. Not explicit.

message 14: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Mandy M. Roth’s Grimm Cove is pretty awesome. Hilarious and clean. I’m looking forward to the next one!!

Kat, lover of bears... (kati3kat) | 8 comments Namita wrote: "Mandy M. Roth’s Grimm Cove is pretty awesome. Hilarious and clean. I’m looking forward to the next one!!"

I have read Grimm Cove and love it. It's just hard when their PWF books are so awesome and their previous works so different (with the exception of Kristen Painter).

message 16: by Namita , High Sorceress Accidentally (new)

Aah! I hear you. It is different. Actually Jana Deleon isn’t. Her books outside of PWF are hilarious and clean. Not much difference except the age of the heroine and of course the paranormal element.

message 17: by Briana (new)

Briana | 2 comments Ashley wrote: "Check out the Glimmer Lake series, that one is about a husband and wife re-discovering each other and is really good.

I think that it boils down to being a catalyst that forces women to look out ..."

Ashley wrote: "Check out the Glimmer Lake series, that one is about a husband and wife re-discovering each other and is really good.

I think that it boils down to being a catalyst that forces women to look out ..."
Thanks for the suggestions. I agree but it seems like their could be other catalysts.

message 18: by T. (new)

T. (schneidt79) | 5 comments I believe that the authors in this group decided ahead of time to keep things more PG/PG-13. Thing is a lot of these authors usually write racier stuff so there is a disconnect there.

I know from personal experience that an author I love may have a series or 2 that I don't read. I'm fine w/ explicit (to a point) but I WILL NOT read about Harems, Reverse Harems (which are SUPER popular right now 😝), or poly sexual relationships. Fortunately, those bks are almost always labeled so I can avoid them.

I believe the romance theme is so popular in these bks because they tend to be more popular among the demographic & these particilar writers usually or always write romances or have romantic threads in their stories.

message 19: by FairyPiggles (new)

FairyPiggles | 3 comments Briana wrote: "HI, Overall really enjoying the books in this genre. The one thing I'd like to change is that the leading characters is a woman that gets dumped on by her husband. Almost all of these the character..."

I agree!!!

Paranormal Women's Fiction Fanatics

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Jana Deleon (other topics)