Making Connections discussion

ARCHIVES > new authors: do NOT do this, please!

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Leigh (new)

Leigh Royal | 7 comments Wow. That’s a lot of brainpower spent scamming the system. I mean, I’d love reviews...but, wow. Just wow. That’s crazy.

message 2: by D.L. (new)

D.L. Lang (poetryebook) Wow! Who has the time for all of that nonsense? My books have sold several copies, but many don’t have reviews because I rely on actual readers to leave one, not begging people for reviews. I’m not into playing games to trick others. I’d rather be writing another book.

message 3: by Jim (last edited May 28, 2020 09:08AM) (new)

Jim Vuksic | 210 comments For whatever reason, the vast majority of avid readers choose to never post a rating or review. Those few that do are merely expressing their personal, and therefore subjective, opinion. One reader's "Best book ever!" may very well be another reader's "Worst book ever!" which is why most astute readers very seldom allow a review to impact their purchasing choices.

Many novice authors are unaware of the fact that sales drive reviews, not the other way around.

The odds against any author obtaining commercial success within this extremely competitive field are very high. That said; some have. There is no reason why you might not eventually become one of them. I wish you success.