Maryse's Book Blog WolfPack/Bridesmaids Meeting Place discussion

2020 Challenges & Buddy Reads > June 2020 ~ Themes Challenge ~ Lisa's Choice

Comments Showing 1-50 of 89 (89 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Grey (last edited Sep 27, 2020 12:35PM) (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
June 2020. Oooh, this month's challenge excites me. As a loud and proud member of the squirrel squad, I do get distracted frequently, adding more and more new books to my TBR, but alas, Lisa has a solution for us!

June ~ Lisa's "Look...a squirrel" challenge ~ this would be a book that's been on your TBR list the shortest amount of time.

(*quote added from Lisa) If you're like me at all, I cannot tell you how many books I've added because I just HAD to read it right now, then got completely distracted by something else that was brighter and shinier! Time to knock out one of those newly added ones you promised yourself you'd read (whether it's a new release or an old gem you dug up from someone else's list/recommendation) but it somehow just gets shoved in the pile.

This will be the discussion thread for all our squirreled books we read this month. You can read as many as you'd like, but please let me know which one you're picking!

What we do need is for you to sign up, and let us know you intend to participate before the 5th of June and then, (this is the important part), come back and let us how you rated it or what you thought of it before 1159 p.m. of the last day of the month. That's it. Pretty simple, really.

(The last time we did this challenge, we all used our massive TBR piles and made it a rule that this was a TBR challenge...normally we forgo that rule, because-fun! I want this to be fun and not a slog to get through, you know? But in honor of the theme of this challenge, that's what we're doing this month!)

Each month that you participate and finish on/before the last day of the month, you will get your name added to a list that will be eligible to be randomly selected from at the beginning of 2021 for a $10 Amazon gift card.

*Pay no attention to this spoiler right now, this is just my list of who participated last month in alphabetical order...because my OCD compels me and this makes it slightly easier in the grand scheme of things, LOL!
(view spoiler)

message 2: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments I'm in...will see what's at the top of the list on Monday :)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments I am in for this one

message 4: by Marta (last edited May 28, 2020 01:50AM) (new)

Marta | 134 comments Me 😊

Well I have 3 options:
IOU by Kristy Marie Pink by Bethany-Kris Beautifully Cruel by J.T. Geissinger

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Speidel | 27 comments I'm in. I'll let ya know what book after June 1.

message 6: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments I'm in and I already have a book in mind. A book which will probably change by Monday, since I'm quite the Dug. 🐿️🐕

message 7: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments I’m in, I will check on the weekend.

message 8: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 197 comments I´m in, I will check and after I will post which

message 9: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm in!

message 10: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments My last TBR add was Fortuity, so I'm going with that!

message 11: by diann bryan (new)

diann bryan | 179 comments Robin! It was so good 🥰Fortuity ❤️

message 12: by Robin (new)

Robin Hill (robinhill) | 1528 comments diann bryan wrote: "Robin! It was so good 🥰Fortuity ❤️"

I was not a grocery store guy fan so I'm really excited about this one!!

message 13: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments I’m in and I’m absolutely gonna read Jewel E. Ann’s Fortuity

message 14: by JudyCa (last edited May 28, 2020 08:36PM) (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Robin wrote: "My last TBR add was Fortuity, so I'm going with that!"

Omg yes! Im in on that! I just reread the first 2 😉
Ps...I loved GSG 😍

message 15: by Catia (new)

Catia (kookay) | 197 comments So my last added book is Dear Enemy by Kristen Callihan , so I will be reading this one :)

message 16: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments My choice is Fortuity by Jewel E Anne how can one go past that?

message 17: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments For anyone who hasn't seen, Fortuity released early!

message 18: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments And I'm in. Need to pick a book...

message 19: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments I think I'm going to read:

The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
by Grady Hendrix
The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix

It's been on my tbr a very short time and I'm about to get it from the library.

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix
[bookcover:The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires|44074800

It's been on my tbr a very ..."

Enjoy!!

message 21: by Jean (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I think I'm going with Fortuity too! Loved the 1st two books so much and won signed copies from Maryse's blog!

message 22: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Michele wrote: "Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix
[bookcover:The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires..."

Michele--
Thanks! I'm looking forward to listening to it!

message 23: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "For anyone who hasn't seen, Fortuity released early!"

YES! I just got it and am gonna start when I'm done Dream Maker 😁

message 24: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I think I'm in. No clue what to read. It doesn't necessarily have to be recently added to TBR right? Just one the we squirreled on??

message 25: by Nay (new)

Nay (4ukcats) | 3499 comments Leslie wrote: "I think I'm in. No clue what to read. It doesn't necessarily have to be recently added to TBR right? Just one the we squirreled on??"

Leslie--I think she means one that you really want to read (that you've added lately) that you want to get read before you squirrel on it.

message 26: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Starting Fortuity (Transcend, #3) by Jewel E. Ann 😁😁

message 27: by Leslie (last edited May 31, 2020 07:15AM) (new)

Leslie | 2430 comments I'm going to read: The Girl in the Love Song The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1) by Emma Scott

(It's not released yet but supposed to be out june 7)

message 28: by Denise (new)

Denise | 45 comments My latest is also Fortuity.
I'm reading "Fortuity by Jewel E. Ann"

message 29: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Leslie wrote: "I'm going to read: The Girl in the Love Song The Girl in the Love Song (Lost Boys, #1) by Emma Scott

(It's not released yet but supposed to be out june 7)"

I'm looking forward to that one too Leslie!

message 30: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Judy.Ca wrote: "Starting Fortuity (Transcend, #3) by Jewel E. Ann 😁😁"

I just finished this! Does it still count? :) doesn't matter, I couldn't wait to start this...I can always pick another ;)
Anyhoo, I loved it! Loved Nate, but really, what made this book for me was Morgan! 5*

message 31: by T. (new)

T. Rosado (trosado) | 338 comments I’m reading this one Win Some, Lose Some by Shay Savage
Ive has this on my tbr for awhile, but recently added it to my KU queue where my books can linger forever waiting to be read or, unfortunately, switched out for something more recent.

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Aiello (lisaaiello) | 2459 comments The last one I added (actually bought it cuz it was on sale) is My Dark Vanessa, so I will choose that one. But first, to finish my ARCS of Fortuity and the Girl In the Love Song.

message 33: by Grey (new)

Grey | 2385 comments Mod
Actually, the last one on my goodreads that I added that is available for me is Chosen Ones by Veronica Roth, so I will do that one after I'm done editing for Kate.

message 34: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments I'm in! gotta start back up reading....

message 35: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nikkitikkitavi) | 63 comments I am in. I still need to finish my May challenge. I will do that this week. I am finalizing grades for report cards by tomorrow. I London Prep (London Prep, #1) by Jillian Dodd will be reading

message 36: by Jean (last edited Jun 01, 2020 03:47PM) (new)

Jean | 1657 comments I'm already squirreling from Fortuity to this:

Layover Lover (Cocky Hero Club) by Jeannine Colette

Lol!

message 37: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Jean wrote: "I'm already squirreling from Fortuity to this:

Lol!"

😂😂😂😂 thats on my short list! Can't wait

message 38: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Jean wrote: "I'm already squirreling from Fortuity to this:

Lol!"

Yes!! That one sounds so fun!

message 39: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix
The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires by Grady Hendrix

It's been on my tbr a very ..."

I will join you! I have this one and am very curious, plus I miss me some hot fangs! Oh and those scenes when the H goes down on the h and bites her RIGHT THERE..........*SHIVERS*

message 40: by Jen (new)

Jen | 162 comments Ela wrote: "Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix

I might have to go ahead and join y'all on this one, too!!! :)

message 41: by Michele (new)

Michele | 2131 comments Ela wrote: "Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix

Ela, be aware...it's not really a "sexy" vampire story...but still quite good.

message 42: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Michele wrote: "Ela wrote: "Renee ❤️My heroes are ordinary wrote: "I think I'm going to read:

by Grady Hendrix
[bookcover:The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slay..."

You mean no sexy crotch biting??????

message 43: by Melinda (new)

Melinda Ruyten | 1026 comments Ela, Ela, Ela is that baby stopping you from reading. I told you there’s no time for anything else for 4 months. Hahaha 😂

message 44: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (storpey) | 35 comments Suite Française (Némirovsky) for me please.

message 45: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Speidel | 27 comments Oh! Mine is Fortuity too!!!

message 46: by JudyCa (new)

JudyCa | 1708 comments Lisa wrote: "Oh! Mine is Fortuity too!!!"

It was sooooo good Lisa!

message 47: by Denise (last edited Jun 07, 2020 07:33AM) (new)

Denise | 45 comments Omg!! Jewel E Ann does it again!! Absolutely Loved this Book!! A Definitely Must Read!! Fortuity by Jewel E. Ann

message 48: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Speidel | 27 comments FORTUITY ---- 5 STARS. ☆☆☆☆☆

message 49: by Marta (new)

Marta | 134 comments Pink by Bethany-Kris : 3,5 Stars

I liked it but didn't loved it. Close to the end something happen and I was like "is this really happening?", I felt that even if this is a book somehow about mafia that "thing" didn't mixed up with the rest of the book.

message 50: by Ela (new)

Ela | 4283 comments Melinda wrote: "Ela, Ela, Ela is that baby stopping you from reading. I told you there’s no time for anything else for 4 months. Hahaha 😂"

You guessed it! She is a bundle of fluff, energy, and speed!

« previous 1