Addicted to YA discussion

Archived Buddy Reads > In need of a buddy to read Six of Crows!!

Comments Showing 1-50 of 53 (53 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments Hey I'm Lisa and I'm looking to read Six of Crows with a buddy. The book has been sitting in my tbr for years and I really wanna read it. If anyone wanna read it together, plz let me know!

message 2: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 3445 comments I'm going to be brave and say I'll read it with you:) It's been on my TBR for years too. I've been nervous to read it because I really want to like it.

message 3: by Hijabi (new)

Hijabi Christian  (tcbbookworm) | 10 comments I want to read it with you too. I have been wanting to read it for months now. I had started it a couple of weeks ago but I couldn't get myself to actually get engaged with it.

message 4: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 3445 comments Yeah. I read less than a chapter years ago and couldn't get into it, so maybe reading with other people will be better. I just got a book box with the Six of Crows fandom for art prints and really want to read it now, so I know who they are.

message 5: by Robyn (new)

Robyn (robynacuff) | 41 comments I’ll join you!!
I read it a few years ago and really liked it!!

message 6: by Adrie (new)

Adrie Smith (adrie320) | 6 comments i’ve been wanting to read it for awhile! can i join?

message 7: by Zece (new)

Zece I really want to read it too, it’s been sitting on my shelf for a while.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments wow wasn't expecting so many of u guys, but thanks. so when do u wanna read it?
I kinda wanted to start it soon. maybe this week. what do u guys say?

message 9: by Dalila (last edited May 28, 2020 10:18AM) (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Me too :D I am in!!

I am a fast reader, but right now I'm reading HOO series. I think I'll be done by next week, so I can start then :)

message 10: by ty (new)

ty (tylerambrose) heyoo im in as well im about to borrow the book from a friend so its perfect timing

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments okay then let's start next week. how about next Tuesday?

message 12: by Sophrosyne (new)

Sophrosyne | 25 comments I'd be interested too

message 13: by Shay (new)

Shay (shayreader) | 3445 comments Next Tuesday sounds good. We can talk about it on here, since there are a lot of people.

message 14: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments I am in! :D

Ashi✿TheAvidReader | 474 comments I request don't judge the book by it's initial chapter. I read it quite back and I remember really not liking it in the start. Give it a few chapters and It'll be one of the best books you've ever read.

message 16: by Aliyah (new)

Aliyah | 3 comments I’m about half way through and haven’t read it in a while so I’d love to!

message 17: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments I'm starting to read today!

message 18: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments I’m in. Just picked this out to start tonight!

message 19: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments I've just started reading it

message 20: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments It has been a week and I'm still on the page 1!

I can't finish the first page, it's insane...

message 21: by tugce (new)

tugce (tugcereads) | 22 comments I'm in!!

message 22: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments Ugh same here Dalila!! I'm 30% into the book but still can't seem to connect with the book.
I think I'm trying too hard to like this book and now I can't focus

message 23: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments I'm about 30% in as well and I'm liking it ok. There seemed to be a lot of hype around it and I'm finding myself a bit disappointed. It hasn't really brought anything new to the table. I feel like I've seen a lot of these types of characters and scenarios in other books so some of it is falling a bit flat. Still interested enough to see what happens tho!

message 24: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments Also it assumes the reader has some background knowledge of this world so maybe I should have read the Shadow & Bone trilogy first lol

message 25: by Sasha (last edited Jun 08, 2020 10:05PM) (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments I'm reading it right now, 30% done

message 26: by Dalila (last edited Jun 09, 2020 03:54AM) (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Leanne - You should read The Grisha trilogy first... I was amazed by it, really loved it.. That's why I decided to read all of Leigh Bardugo's books.

But, when it comes to Six of Crows, I think it's more about me wanting to really give myself to this book, read it with no interruptions, but every time I start reading that first page, I'm thinking about some life thing I have to do, so my mind isn't there yet... Also, I'm a fast reader, and if it's a really good book, I know I'm gonna finish it in no time, so I kind of want to delay the gratification...

message 27: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Lisa wrote: "Ugh same here Dalila!! I'm 30% into the book but still can't seem to connect with the book.
I think I'm trying too hard to like this book and now I can't focus"

Maybe you should wait a little bit... Sometimes, there are books I really want to read, but my mind isn't there or I'm just not in the mood for it..

So, if you wait, maybe read something else first, you will pick it up again when you are in the mood for it and your reading experience will be better :)

message 28: by Zece (new)

Zece If it’s hard for you to get into, try the audiobook. It’s easier to get trough the first chapters that are hard to read (I didn’t tell you but there is one on YouTube, a full cast one, same as the audible one)

message 29: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lizaland) | 23 comments thank u guys for ur suggestions. u guys are the best.
I think I'm gonna read something else for now and then go back to it and give the audiobook a go

message 30: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments Sakshi wrote: "I'm reading it right now, 30% done"

What are your thoughts so far?

message 31: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments Dalila wrote: "Leanne - You should read The Grisha trilogy first... I was amazed by it, really loved it.. That's why I decided to read all of Leigh Bardugo's books.

But, when it comes to Six of Crows, I think i..."

I'm too far in to turn back now! lol After this I would def be interested in that trilogy tho.

message 32: by Joy (new)

Joy Llewellyn (joytl) | 2 comments My friend loved this book and recommended it so I bought it, but am struggling. I can tell the writer is skilled at their craft but it's turning into work to read the book. I'm going to keep at it!

message 33: by Mollie (new)

Mollie (mollieruminer) | 61 comments If anyone is just starting this book, I would love to buddy read. Just send me a message and we can arrange simething!

message 34: by Sasha (new)

Sasha (lostinfics) | 143 comments Leanne wrote: "Sakshi wrote: "I'm reading it right now, 30% done"

What are your thoughts so far?"

It's getting harder to put it down i like it so much!

message 35: by Dalila (last edited Jun 10, 2020 03:44AM) (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Mollie wrote: "If anyone is just starting this book, I would love to buddy read. Just send me a message and we can arrange simething!"

We are all starting this book, so you can just join us :D

message 36: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments Sakshi wrote: "Leanne wrote: "Sakshi wrote: "I'm reading it right now, 30% done"

What are your thoughts so far?"

It's getting harder to put it down i like it so much!"

I completely agree!!

message 37: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments So, is everybody done reading? Can we talk with spoilers now? :)

I'm done reading Six of crows, so now I'm reading the sequel - Crooked kingdom.

But, I do want to talk about Six of crows...

message 38: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments I’m done also! Looooved it, message me if you want to chat w/spoilers!

message 39: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Sure! Adding you as a friends, right now! :)

message 40: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Elizabeth | 3 comments I just finished Six of Crows last week aaaaa it was so good! I'm planning to read Crooked Kingdom! anyone interested in a buddy read?

message 41: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Natasha wrote: "I just finished Six of Crows last week aaaaa it was so good! I'm planning to read Crooked Kingdom! anyone interested in a buddy read?"

Yeah, I'm in. I just started Crooked kingdom, I'm on page 200. :)

message 42: by Leanne (new)

Leanne | 23 comments Natasha wrote: "I just finished Six of Crows last week aaaaa it was so good! I'm planning to read Crooked Kingdom! anyone interested in a buddy read?"

I'd be down for a buddy read of Crooked Kingdom!

message 43: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Maybe we can open a new buddy read discussion about Six of crows/Crooked kingdom and talk with spoilers? :)

message 44: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Elizabeth | 3 comments Leanne wrote: "Natasha wrote: "I just finished Six of Crows last week aaaaa it was so good! I'm planning to read Crooked Kingdom! anyone interested in a buddy read?"

I'd be down for a buddy read of Crooked Kingdom!"

Cool!! when would you like to start?

message 45: by Natasha (new)

Natasha Elizabeth | 3 comments Dalila wrote: "Maybe we can open a new buddy read discussion about Six of crows/Crooked kingdom and talk with spoilers? :)"

Yessss that sounds like a good idea

message 46: by Mohammed (new)

Mohammed Rizwan | 12 comments Maybe we can open a new buddy read discussion about Conversations with Friends
Note : This is my first time , I am trying this out . Hoping for the best experience

message 47: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Here is a group with spoilers... please Join! :D

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 48: by Shauna (new)

Shauna (playreadbehappy) | 4 comments after i finish king of scars I will read six of crows

message 49: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 374 comments Shauna wrote: "after i finish king of scars I will read six of crows"

Well, you do know that King of Scars events happen after Grishaverse and Six of Crows/Crooked kingdom? :)

message 50: by Megan (new)

Megan (baileymeg) | 21 comments Not sure if you finished reading yet, but our group just read this book. We are discussing on our page and scheduling a video chat for this weekend.

Come join us!!!

https://www.goodreads.com/group/invit...

« previous 1