The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2020 > 25.3 - Kaora's Task: Good Things Come in Threes

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 28, 2020 07:05AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 4517 comments Mod
25.3 - Kaora's Task: Good Things Come In Threes

This is my third time completing this challenge and I am the third person to complete in order to create a 25 point task! So In honor of the number 3 read two books, one from each of two different options, or one book of at least 500 pages that matches two of the following:

Option A: Read a book that has all the letters of THREE in the title (NOT SUBTITLE). The letters do not need to be in order. Letters can be used only as often as they appear in the title.
Examples: House of Earth and Blood, The Art of Theft, The Girl Who Fell to Earth

Option B: Read a book that was first published in a year that contains a 3, i.e. 1930, 1993, 2003, 2013.

Option C: Read a book that is part of a trilogy or a 3 book series.
If the series is not yet complete "trilogy" should be mentioned in the Goodreads description, the series information following the title/subtitle, or the book's series page should indicate 3 primary works. For the purposes of the task half numbers will not be included.
Examples: Wicked Saints - Something Dark and Holy series page shows 3 primary works and describes this as a trilogy, although only 2 books have been published so far.
Assassin's Apprentice - (The Farseer Trilogy #1)

message 2: by Kaora (last edited Jun 01, 2020 12:04PM) (new)

message 3: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments Also mine!

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 4517 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Katie (new)

Katie (goodreader_ktkizzie) | 38 comments Would Inkheart work as one book for the task?

First published Sept 23, 2003.
Book #1 in the Inkworld trilogy.
583 pages long.

message 6: by KSMary (last edited May 30, 2020 08:12AM) (new)

KSMary | 792 comments Just to make sure that this is enough information - The Gilded Wolves would work for Opt C even though the next two books have not been published yet.
https://www.goodreads.com/series/192923

message 7: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments Katie wrote: "Would Inkheart work as one book for the task?

First published Sept 23, 2003.
Book #1 in the Inkworld trilogy.
583 pages long."

Yes that works

message 8: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments KSMary wrote: "Just to make sure that this is enough information - The Gilded Wolves would work for Opt C even though the next two books have not been published yet.
https://www.goodreads.com/ser..."

Sorry I don't see where it says it is a trilogy. While it seems to have 3 works planned (for now) since it's unfinished I can't tell if that is actually the case.

message 9: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3645 comments Please confirm for Option C: part of a trilogy

Finders Keepers

message 10: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please confirm for Option C: part of a trilogy

Finders Keepers"

Yes trilogy in series name. Enjoy

message 11: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3645 comments Please confirm for Option c: part of a trilogy
A Discovery of Witches

Thank you in advance.

NOTE: when I go to the series page for this trilogy, there is a fourth book listed. But when I click on that book and to to that book's main page it states it is book # 1 in a different spin-off series.

Just want to be sure this book will still work as part of a trilogy.

message 12: by Kaora (last edited Jun 01, 2020 10:57AM) (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please confirm for Option c: part of a trilogy
A Discovery of Witches

Thank you in advance.

NOTE: when I go to the series page for this trilogy, there is a fourth book listed. But ..."

Approved. Series says trilogy so works for me if you use the first 3 books. That fourth spinoff would not be eligible.

message 13: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2443 comments Book Concierge wrote: "Please confirm for Option c: part of a trilogy
A Discovery of Witches

Thank you in advance.

NOTE: when I go to the series page for this trilogy, there is a fourth book listed. But ..."

i am reading this too

message 14: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (naughtonkp) Does The Pillars of the Earth work for a book in a three book series?

There's apparently a prequel coming out later this year that is listed as Book #0 on the series page. https://www.goodreads.com/series/6016...

Thanks in advance. I just found out about the prequel when I went to post (I've had this in my head as a trilogy I wanted to read for awhile now, so was pretty surprised to see the prequel pop up), so fully understand if it doesn't work.

message 15: by Kaora (new)

Kaora (ophelja) | 1123 comments I'll allow it. Since the same thing happened with the Mockingjay series, which is a trilogy but had a book #0.

message 16: by Kevin (new)

Kevin (naughtonkp) I appreciate the quick response! Thanks again.