Pakistani Readers discussion

Random > A fun little thing I noticed (about my own work)

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1022 comments When I look back at the things I've written in the past , I can tell with reasonable surety what book I was reading at the time. A while ago I picked up one of my old in-class narratives and it seemed obvious that I'd been reading "The Supernaturalists" at the time. The scenery and tone were both very similar.

So I suppose I should be thankful the book I've started reccently is abysmal. No inspiration from that whatsoever , no siree . Just me and my thoughts , 100% Ozair original.

message 2: by Zarshal (new)

Zarshal Saeed (zarshalsaeed) | 677 comments Looks like this time we have something to look forward to reading in the contest. xD
Let’s see if someone guesses which story’s yours.

message 3: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1022 comments Sorry to say I won't be submitting anything this year :/

message 4: by Jogi (new)

Jogi Badmaash (recantrecantrecant) | 506 comments Muhammad Ozair wrote: "Sorry to say I won't be submitting anything this year :/"

What will I compete against, then?

message 5: by Zarshal (new)

Zarshal Saeed (zarshalsaeed) | 677 comments Whyy won’t you submit anything?

message 6: by Uzair (new)

Uzair | 1022 comments @Jogi
hopefully Abdullah Khalid and/or Tribal Demagogue come through.

@Zarshal
I didn't want to half ass it like I did last year. I'm quite happy with what I've written but the problem is it's not finished.

message 7: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5387 comments Mod
Zarshal wrote: "Whyy won’t you submit anything?"

same QUESTION IS FOR YOU TOO! xD :D

message 8: by Aakash (new)

Muhammad Ozair wrote: "@Jogi
hopefully Abdullah Khalid and/or Tribal Demagogue come through.

@Zarshal
I didn't want to half ass it like I did last year. I'm quite happy with what I've written but the problem is it's not..."

you still have time just don't rig the competition and keep it secret :P no one should know which one is yours.

message 9: by Zarshal (new)

Zarshal Saeed (zarshalsaeed) | 677 comments @Ozair c’mon c’mon you can do it. See modji is saying you have time. You’ll get it done I’m sure.
Goodluck!

@Misty it’s because I have NEVER written a story before. 😂
I actually thought about writing once, gave up even before I started.. 🤷🏻‍♀️

message 10: by Aakash (last edited May 31, 2020 06:00AM) (new)

Zarshal wrote: "@Ozair c’mon c’mon you can do it. See modji is saying you have time. You’ll get it done I’m sure.
Goodluck!

@Misty it’s because I have NEVER written a story before. 😂
I actually thought about wri..."

you have time too since you have started creative writing and writing job so i believe the circumstances are in your favour.. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU! :P now start.. THERE IS PRIZE (You can confirm from previous winners if you dont believe me :P) and if its toooooo bad dont worry no one will know that you are the author :P (everyone else save my number i will be happy to give her name for money in my easy paisa account :3)

message 11: by Zarshal (new)

Zarshal Saeed (zarshalsaeed) | 677 comments It’s not that I’m afraid of it being bad or something. It’s just that I don’t have anyy time to write it. And I have a final exam on June 6 😔
I’ll try writing one afterwards. Right now, good luck to everyone else who’s participating!

message 12: by Aakash (new)

Zarshal wrote: "It’s not that I’m afraid of it being bad or something. It’s just that I don’t have anyy time to write it. And I have a final exam on June 6 😔
I’ll try writing one afterwards. Right now, good luck t..."

alright then! goodluck for the exam! :)

message 13: by Zarshal (new)

Zarshal Saeed (zarshalsaeed) | 677 comments Thankyou!