Play Book Tag discussion

Footnotes > Quarantine Tuesday Reading Kaffeeklatsch 5/26/2020

Comments Showing 1-50 of 90 (90 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Theresa (last edited May 26, 2020 05:30PM) (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments Interesting how today feels just like any other Tuesday after a 3 day weekend - like Monday! I definitely am noticing that the flow of my week has settled into a more normal vibe. A lot of the same rhythms that existed pre-pandemic, especially when it relates to work, have reappeared. It's comforting. But also makes me nervous and a bit wary - as NYC slowing reopens I see another period of disruption.

Last week the courts announced they were reopening today for filing new cases. Suddenly litigators had to be retained by clients and legal papers reviewed that we all thought we'd have another 2 weeks or more to handle. It brought home to me at least that I'm wary of reopening where people are in their offices again - at least some what. There's a meme going around about needing 2 weeks notice of reopening...yeah, I feel that.

But in truth it should be easier than the shift to WFH. Which btw will continue.

Something I'm working on suggests something I think might be interesting to discuss: what is 'new' in your life - in how you do something, or a new task being taken on, or an adaptive procedure you have had to devise -- can be work or home. And something other than Zoom type use which we all have jumped into.

For me, it's setting up a Time of the Essence (TOE) closing on a condo sale. This is something you do when a buyer refuses to schedule a closing long past all the contract contingencies, etc. I have one scheduled for Monday --- and I last participated in one probably in the late 1980s, maybe early 1990s. I've threatened to hold them, sent notices, but they always resolved - either settled by splitting the Downpayment or the buyer closed. Not this time. I just hired my first court reporter ever as you need to document that you were ready, able, and willing to close and the buyer didn't show up. I'm writing a script to use (adapted from one a colleague used a couple of years ago). I'm lining it all up and I'm just a tad nervous as I don't want to screw this up.

Just shows you are never too old or set in your ways to learn new procedures, take on a new task. And this one is thanks to COVID-19. BTW, I'm probably one of the first to do a COVID-19 TOE Closing, but I will not be the last here in NYC. I may have a new expertise!

message 2: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Well, If it's Tuesday-It"s My Birthday!!! Celebrated yesterday with my BFF and my daughter and her BFF via Skype. We played https://allbad.cards/ - what a hoot! So many belly laughs and birthday Bloody Mary's (it's a tradition) and a few too many glasses of wine. Today I have spent the day making a wish list of books, as my daughter gave me free reign to buy what I want using her bank card. I will try to restrain myself..LoL.

what is 'new' in your life The only thing I can think of is the on-line grocery shopping (damn my my life is boring😂). I had never done it before. I tell you though, I am getting to like it! I am pretty sure that I will continue to do it when things go back to normal. The only thing I do not like about it is someone else picking out my produce and meat/chicken/fish. But, for the pantry items, heck yeah-I am all for someone else doing that mundane job for me. It is worth the added fee and a tip as far as I am concerned.

message 3: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1161 comments @ Joanne, I want to wish you a very happy birthday, Joanne! The bloody mary's and cards sound like fun. And, I know that you're going to like choosing which books to buy.

@Theresa, I've been enjoying your posts, although I don't comment a lot. I'm nervous too, as my state (Ohio) reopens. I think we'll see an increase in covid cases. How can we not?

I have been working from home as a social worker. I've been calling into my patients' hospital rooms to talk with them. My department has okayed this so far, due to my wanting to visit and help my 97 year old father who has health issues, including lymphoma. However, with our governor opening up the state's businesses, the hospital has begun to call back its workers. I told my manager last week that I am ready to retire. As I have been working for 40 years, this will be a big change for me.

This past weekend, my husband and I spent time outside with some dear friends of ours. We tried to keep the 6 feet distance apart. We had fun going to an out of the way pond and watching a swan family with their 4 cygnets (swan babies). It was very relaxing!

message 4: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6920 comments Joanne wrote: "Well, If it's Tuesday-It"s My Birthday!!! Celebrated yesterday with my BFF and my daughter and her BFF via Skype. We played https://allbad.cards/ - what a hoot! So many belly laughs and birthday Bl..."

Happy Birthday!

message 5: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 944 comments Happy birthday Joanne!

message 6: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments @Karin and Johanne-thank you~

@ Holly-How wonderful that you can make the choice to retire. If I were still working (In prior life I was a Property Accountant)-I know that I would file those papers too. There is no way I could go back to a huge office and feel anywhere near safe. And you working in the hospital environment- hey Happy Retirement! That sounds like such a great day with the Swans. Where I live, we are surrounded by a lot of inland lakes. My daughter knows a few out of the way swimming holes, we both are aching to get wet, so tomorrow we are going to drive around and see if there is some place to, as we call it, "dip and dash".

message 7: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1161 comments @ Joanne, We've gone from winter to summer without spring in between. The weather here is in the 90's. Swimming sounds great!

message 8: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Joanne wrote: "Well, If it's Tuesday-It"s My Birthday!!! Celebrated yesterday with my BFF and my daughter and her BFF via Skype. We played https://allbad.cards/ - what a hoot! So many belly laughs and birthday Bl..."

Happy birthday!!

message 9: by LibraryCin (last edited May 26, 2020 05:31PM) (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Well, my city (10 days behind the rest of the province because Covid hit way worse here) opened up for bars, restaurants, salons yesterday.

Today, they are telling people not to go out to eat or to a bar with friends (that is, with people who don't share a household). Well, they say it's not recommended.

Should have been fairly obvious, I thought. But when I saw the news that showed people out yesterday, I could tell most of the people sharing a table were friends, not family.

If they can only operate at 50% capacity and the tables and walkways need that 6' distance, then why would it be ok to sit at a table with people you don't live with? What is the point of the distancing if you are sharing a table with others not in your house.

Just waiting for that second wave... Sigh.

message 10: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments @Joanne - will that be a 'skinny dip 'n dash'?

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

message 11: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments @Holly - I had a conversation with a friend last week predicting an upswing in retirements, that COVID-19 and the aftermath will accellerate many retirement agendas for a host of reasons. Good for you! I am fortunate in controlling my work milieu so completely.

message 12: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5495 comments Joanne, Happy Birthday! I hope it is a good one. Do something special for yourself no matter how small or large for that matter.

message 13: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments Happy birthday Joanne and Happy retirement Holly!

Yesterday the holiday felt like any other day. One of our neighbors had a whole crew in their yards to remove a tree so it was very loud.

We have also gone from winter to summer. Usually there is a long period of time between using the furnace and starting the air conditioner. Not this year.

message 14: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4906 comments Happy Birthday Joanne, and congratulations on your retirement Holly!

message 15: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5633 comments A belated Happy Birthday, Joanne.

Holly - I hope you love retirement as much as I do!

What's new? NOT going to the grocery store every day, but "shopping" in the fridge/freezer. I'm actually ready to go back to shopping daily. I like the options of choosing what to eat each day based on what looks best/freshest. But I fear it will be months before I go back to this style of grocery shopping.

Ditto going to restaurants. In the county north of us, some restaurants are opening for limited seating - reservation only. Two of our favorite restaurants are still offering curb-side pick up only. Another has announced they'll open for limited serving effective June 2. Hubby and I are going to "wait and see" for a few more weeks before making a reservation.

Our county remains closed except for take-out or delivery. But my hairdresser is allowed to open with restrictions. So I'm getting a haircut next week!

message 16: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments What a morning here in the Broda household! The Society of Professional Journalists announced their awards this morning-And my girl Natalie Broda is the winner of, not 1 BUT 2! I could not be prouder When she sends me the link, I will share!

message 17: by annapi (new)

annapi | 4906 comments Congratulations, Joanne!

message 18: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte | 1492 comments Happy Birthday (day after) Joanne!!! And Congrats!

Happy Retirement Holly!!

WA is still closed mostly. They are looking at county by county numbers and staying really strict. We are still in a very conservative phase 1... basically golf courses and hiking trails are open. They aren't even considering restaurants until my county has less than 80 new cases over a 2 week period and we are still around 300 new cases over 2 weeks. I saw today that WA has dropped out of the top 20 states for total number of cases. I'm not going to lie, it makes me wonder how other states can justify opening already. I'm kind of glad that I live somewhere that is taking a conservative and hard lined approach to all of this.

We have friends that live in a cabin on my mom's property during the summer and they got here yesterday. My mom has a pasture, so they brought their two horses and two dogs with them. We all socially distanced and it was so good to see them. My husband and the guy went golfing today, driving in separate cars. And we are having a pot luck on Fri on a patio where we each have an assigned seat, 6 ft apart.

I have a writing class today which I'm super excited about. And have more planned in the future.

message 19: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3782 comments So many exciting things happening in this thread!!

We're opening up here in Oregon- my works bar and restaurant have reopened with limited seating, and social distancing measure sin place. Masks are are required for staff. Banquets and events (AKA my job) are still a no go. Haircuts are open, salons are now open, mostly everything that can limit capacity or social distance. Hubby and I are VERY slowly returning to things. We still have not eaten at a restaurant or gone to a bar, despite them being open almost 2 weeks now.

We went wine tasting with the in-laws for Memorial Day weekend and it was absolutely lovely. Both places were reservation only, and took down all names and phone numbers in our party for contact tracing. Both places had outdoor seating- one with a patio with social distanced tables (there was max 2 other tables, 8 people there when we were), and the other had tables set up around their garden. We brought our own charcuterie and shared bottles in the sun. It felt amazing to be able to do this, and definitely makes us appreciate it more.

message 20: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3125 comments Happy belated birthday and congratulations, Joanne!
Happy Retirement, Holly! I am very jealous...

@Joi - that sounds very organized and mindful (taking the numbers), I wonder if restaurants in my town are doing that. No one has mentioned it so my guess is no.

More or less everything is "back to normal" here. At least for most people. I am still in my house as much as possible when I am not working. But until there is a vaccine I am not sure what to do... not see grandma until next year!? That doesn't seem right, but I don't know what is anymore.

message 21: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Charlotte wrote: I'm not going to lie, it makes me wonder how other states can justify opening already

My thoughts exactly-as Cindy said-just wanted for the hammer to drop and the second wave to strike. People are just being ridiculous, IMO, me I am staying home, trying to stay safe!

message 22: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments @ Joi, that wine tasting sounds so lovely! Happy you were able to enjoy such a nice day

message 23: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 944 comments Congratulations with your daughter, Joanne!

message 24: by Theresa (last edited May 27, 2020 11:58AM) (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments Charlotte wrote: "I'm not going to lie, it makes me wonder how other states can justify opening already. I'm kind of glad that I live somewhere that is taking a conservative and hard lined approach to all of this...."

I'm totally with you, Charlotte! I too am sitting, still waiting for Phase 1 - we are close -- and phase 1 is really very limited. But some easing has happened - our State Parks never closed to hiking but camping was allowed back with new restrictions. Our beaches opened with distancing and limits on numbers.

And the trading floor of the NYSE reopened yesterday. THAT I am sure did more symbolically than just about anything to promote confidence and to reassure - and the stock market responded. Of course, trading had continued to happen as much is already online, a change that occurred after 9/11 when the NYSE literally completely shut down physically and for any trading for days. But there is important symbolic meaning, even ritual, to the opening -- and staying open - of the physical NYSE.

Here's a link - I will confess to a few tears coming to my eyes as I watched this: https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...

How are other states reopening so quickly? They are ignoring the data, that's why and are bowing to political influence and re-election campaigns.

message 25: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments @ Meli - I know just what you mean about when do you 'visit' someone again. I need to go upstate and handle some family business on the farm - means meeting with people -- when do I feel safe to do so? How do I do it -- with a mask on, or just stay 6 feet away or both? I think some of this is what you are personally comfortable doing and some is to follow sensible guidelines you see being imposed. I know NY for example is establishing protocols for family to visit those in nursing homes and group homes. I have friends who are cautiously and with distancing meeting with friends and family, mostly outside. I've met with a friend in her office - both wearing masks, no hugs. Chatted with neighbors in their apartment - again all wearing masks and staying apart. A friend and I are planning to meet for lunch on a park bench - distanced, each bringing our own lunch. (we'd do that anyway - she's kosher I'm not).

For me the issue is the getting from point A to point B and how much I am exposed to others that could mean I carry it to whomever I'm meeting. If you are getting into your car and driving somewhere to visit someone, as long as during the visit you are masked and distanced, wash hands and sanitize, seems to me you would be safer than if you were in the grocery store.

We've all got some individual decisions to make. That's the bottom line.

message 26: by Meli (new)

Meli (melihooker) | 3125 comments Theresa wrote: "We've all got some individual decisions to make. That's the bottom line."

100%! I am finally (mostly) at peace with each individual doing what they think is best.

I had a social distancing BBQ in a friend's backyard. Only like 5 people. It was nice. I also know these people are mindful and hadn't left their homes in 2 months during the shutdown.

My friend is having a bachelorette party in June and I'm torn. It's in TN which I think just had another surge. I think I will sign up, wait see what happens, and if I don't feel comfortable I will let them keep the money and just cancel to attend.

The problem is this has become so politicized people are pissed if you take it seriously. But that is just something I will have to face if it comes up. Not being pressured into being unsafe.

In other news... it is finally summer! It went from cool and rainy here in Indiana to suddenly nearing 90 and muggy. It's great :)

message 27: by Joanne (last edited May 27, 2020 02:37PM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Meli wrote: "Theresa wrote: "We've all got some individual decisions to make. That's the bottom line."

100%! I am finally (mostly) at peace with each individual doing what they think is best.

I had a social ..."

I know how you feel about the bachelorette party, I have a bridal shower scheduled in June. I had to send an email to the gal hosting and tell her I just am not sure yet if I will feel safe enough. She was very understanding, and actually they are currently seeing if they might re-schedule it for July. I feel really bad, ad it is one of the girls that was in my Girl Scout Troop, and I was so touched that she thought to invite me.

Michigan went from winter to summer too-I am loving it!

message 28: by Robin P (last edited May 27, 2020 03:19PM) (new)

Robin P | 1443 comments I am scheduling a few "driveway visits". I will go to a friend's house and put a folding chair in the driveway or on the lawn and they can be on their porch or also on the lawn with enough distance between us. Even my daughter who has no immunity post-chemotherapy got tired of staying home and has made a couple visits like that to friends - outside and with masks and distance, but this is still a big deal for her. She still gets grocery delivered and the waiting time went from 5 days out to same-day as so many other people went back to stores. I did errands yesterday at the post office, hardware store, library, craft store and felt a bit concerned. But in my area, almost all employees were masked and most shoppers were. The library puts your book in your car trunk so no interaction at all.

message 29: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Theresa wrote: "How are other states reopening so quickly? They are ignoring the data, that's why and are bowing to political influence and re-election campaigns...."

Yes, and yes. Here, we aren't yet at a point for re-election, but yes to the rest of it here, too.

message 30: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1441 comments I'm glad for all the good things going on for everyone here but I need to take some time tonight to mourn the fact that over 100,000 people in the U.S. have now died from this. My heart breaks thinking about all the people they have left behind who are mourning them now and didn't even get to say a proper goodbye. I hope our numbers keep going down but with our lack of national leadership I just don't know.

message 31: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments @ Rachel N. I just caught up on the news and saw that number. Even though expected, it is still such a grievous shock.

💔

message 32: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6920 comments Joanne wrote: "What a morning here in the Broda household! The Society of Professional Journalists announced their awards this morning-And my girl Natalie Broda is the winner of, not 1 BUT 2! I could not be proud..."

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

message 33: by Booknblues (new)

Booknblues | 5495 comments Rachel, agree completely. It was a hard death for so many and a lonely one.

The people left behind are not given the chance to say a proper farewell . So very sad.

message 34: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments What’s new here? Well a tough thing and a strong thing. The tough thing is that I’m having a tough time with my mom. It’s been twelve days that she’s been off the rails, and she’s a tough but to crack. She’s not the kind to apologize, concede, be open, or to put her relationship with me in front of her misguided principles. I’ve been having a time of it. Supposedly we’re going to talk tomorrow. I have run the gamut of feelings, and I just want to get through this and get my mother back. A giant ugh!

On the other hand, a few of you know this, I’m on the third week (of four) of the couch to 5K program, and I am not following their program. I’m slow, so I just am increasing my speed and distance. Today and this week I am running 2.8 miles, and that was in 88 degree heat. I am still eating like a hound dog, but I’m doing it. I feel strong and committed.

The world is opening up slowly, but not much has changed for us. We have now been to the orthodontist twice, and the kids have haircuts on Monday. I have a dermatology appointment Tuesday. It’s painful with my patients right now. Folks are having a tough time. There is a lot more aggression in the world, and yet I am hoping more compassion and connectivity too. I am a relentless optimist, hopeless romantic, spiritualist, and I have to believe all right now is for the good!

message 35: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6920 comments Amy wrote: "What’s new here? Well a tough thing and a strong thing. The tough thing is that I’m having a tough time with my mom. It’s been twelve days that she’s been off the rails, and she’s a tough but to cr..."

Wow--it got a lot hotter up in your neck of the woods than it did down here--we only went up to 81.

I hope you get things resolved with your mother.

message 36: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Rachel N. wrote: "I'm glad for all the good things going on for everyone here but I need to take some time tonight to mourn the fact that over 100,000 people in the U.S. have now died from this. My heart breaks thin..."

Did you happen to see the Biden ad that ran yesterday? It was heartbreaking, you could hear the sincerity in his voice as he spoke to those who have lost someone. It would be so good to have an emphatic, articulate person in the WH. I am not a big Biden fan, but I have reached my limit with Orange Man in the WH.

message 37: by Joanne (last edited May 28, 2020 07:37AM) (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Amy wrote: "What’s new here? Well a tough thing and a strong thing. The tough thing is that I’m having a tough time with my mom. It’s been twelve days that she’s been off the rails, and she’s a tough but to cr..."

OH, gees Amy I am sorry about the disconnect you are having with your mom. I can understand her feelings though. I was totally wigged out a couple weeks ago and it lasted for about 2 weeks too. I am sure she will get a grip. From what little I know about her, it is obvious she is a strong woman. This isolation is so much harder on us older folk. A lot of us lack the social skills and tech skills to connect virtually with our friends (No idea what I would have done without my daughter being here to help us). Also, in retirement you have some things that are just so much a part of your routine. When that routine is disrupted for such a long period it can be very unsettling. Patience, with her, she will come back.

message 38: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments Have been %100 Biden from the beginning. I think all of you guys who have been unsure, are about to see something pretty spectacular that you didn’t know was coming.

message 39: by Joanne (new)

Joanne (joabroda1) | 7232 comments Karin wrote: "Joanne wrote: "What a morning here in the Broda household! The Society of Professional Journalists announced their awards this morning-And my girl Natalie Broda is the winner of, not 1 BUT 2! I cou..."

Thank you Karin, we are so proud of her.

message 40: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 5633 comments Amy wrote: "What’s new here? Well a tough thing and a strong thing. The tough thing is that I’m having a tough time with my mom. It’s been twelve days that she’s been off the rails, and she’s a tough but to cr..."

Oh, Amy. I have every confidence in YOU that you will find a way to bridge the gap. I had a contentious relationship with my mother, too. Opinionated, stubborn, etc. Yes, that can describe both of us at times. One reason I moved to Wisconsin, frankly, was to have more space between us. And yet ... as she succumbed to Alzheimer's I found myself more tolerant of her and more compassionate, and our relationship improved. I miss her ... even though she drove me crazy!

You will find a way.

message 41: by punxsygal (new)

punxsygal | 270 comments Joanne, Belated Happy Birthday and Congratulations!
Holly, Enjoy Retirement!

As to what's new, not much around here. A friend asked our knitting group if we wanted to go to a socially distancing lunch in a restaurant. The restaurant has changed its procedures and lessened the number of people in the meeting rooms. But I don't feel comfortable doing it. I did go to renew my driver's license at the DMV and was impressed by the social distancing that was in place. Though I did pour hand sanitizer on my hands when I got back into the car and my mask went into the laundry. I have been thinking of inviting a few friends over for a knit and yak on my covered patio now that the weather is getting nicer. Still avoiding going to any large stores. Looking forward to a larger selection of fresh veggies at the farm stands.

Amy, good luck with your Mom. I, too, had a difficult mother. For most of my adult life we lived many miles apart, so visiting always involved an extended visit. I always thought that 100 miles would be ideal...close enough for a quick afternoon visit and too far to be too involved in each other's life. It's been over 10 years that she's been gone and I am beginning to be able to look back with less anger and shake my head at the craziness.

message 42: by Holly R W (new)

Holly R W | 1161 comments I want to thank everyone here for your kind remarks about my retirement. I don't yet have an official date, but am looking forward to it. ;-)

message 43: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments Joanne wrote: "What a morning here in the Broda household! The Society of Professional Journalists announced their awards this morning-And my girl Natalie Broda is the winner of, not 1 BUT 2! I could not be proud..."

That's incredible! Congratulations. You must be a proud mama indeed.

message 44: by LibraryCin (new)

LibraryCin | 8118 comments Well, apparently our premier said today that if there is a 2nd wave, we will not be shutting down again. Lovely... lovely... So, I suppose it can just go ahead and run rampant. Great

message 45: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments LibraryCin wrote: "Well, apparently our premier said today that if there is a 2nd wave, we will not be shutting down again. Lovely... lovely... So, I suppose it can just go ahead and run rampant. Great"

I feel the same way, but I might feel differently if i were young, poor, and didn't have my sick mother to worry about.

My library just extended due dates another 4 weeks, so I guess we're not even getting close. I'm surprised they don't want all those books back soon so they can wipe them down or air them out, and shelve them while things are slow.

message 46: by Amy (new)

Amy | 8282 comments After five exhausting hours on the phone with my mother, I missed the first shot of the SAT signup window and am now freaking out that I can't get him a seat. I will be up all night trying to make sure this happens.... This is insane, and to be honest I am losing my shit! If not for the conversation with my mother, this hour to two hours of pain would have already passed.... And I would be settled. Now I am in deep hell. Everyone pray he gets a seat for August 29th - and then pulls it out, and does well. If you are up reading this right now, send your white light forward!

message 47: by NancyJ (new)

NancyJ (nancyjjj) | 4979 comments Boy things have sure changed. I don't think my parents even knew when the SATs were coming up, except when I asked for a check.

message 48: by Theresa (new)

Theresa | 6303 comments Amy wrote: "After five exhausting hours on the phone with my mother, I missed the first shot of the SAT signup window and am now freaking out that I can't get him a seat. I will be up all night trying to make ..."

Sending positive energy and lightening bolts your way! I still have a few in the arsenal after today's battles and gladly add them to your efforts!

message 49: by Robin P (new)

Robin P | 1443 comments I have been following bad news from Minneapolis, where I lived for 25 years. My son and his wife live only about a mile in one direction from where the killing happened and a mile in another direction from the police station and riot area. They are fine, they are in a tucked-away residential neighborhood, and they aren't going out for work at this time, but they said damage has happened in multiple parts of the Twin Cities, not just the one shopping center. Many businesses that were open, such as grocery stores, drugstores, etc. have closed.

One positive thing is that I was very impressed by the young mayor who was visibly moved by the event and took immediate action, instead of saying, "We have to wait for an investigation." My feeling is that deliberately killing someone while multiple people watched was a kind of terrorism, saying to the community, "We can do anything we want and we don't even care if you see us." Then they wrote up a false report. Of course this has happened for decades, even centuries, but there was no video to challenge the official record.

message 50: by Johanne (new)

Johanne *the biblionaut* | 944 comments I have no idea how SATs work (only vaguely through fiction) but that sounds like madness. It's probably too late but I'm sending good karma your way as well.

« previous 1