Challenge Corner discussion

Archives > It's a Trap! - Chat! ✔️

Comments Showing 1-50 of 202 (202 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (last edited Jun 05, 2020 07:38AM) (new)

Alaina (ameserole) | 57768 comments Mod

It's a Trap!:

✔️ Anna 'Bookbuyer'
✔️ Celia
✔️ Aly
✔️ Erica
✔️ Alicia
✔️ GridGirl
✔️ Maya
✔️ Anna
✔️ Sheena

REVIEW: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...
SPREADSHEET: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/...

Please check in by June 1st!

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I’m here!

message 3: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "I’m here!"

Gotcha checked in!

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Your team's spreadsheet has been added!

message 5: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Pelz | 13 comments I think I'm ready...Intend to do my best.

message 6: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Alicia wrote: "I think I'm ready...Intend to do my best."

Gotcha checked in!

message 7: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

Aly (alyp_01) | 21862 comments Mod
Whoo hoo! I'm here

message 8: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Adding Anna to your team guys!

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Aly wrote: "Whoo hoo! I'm here"

Gotcha checked in!

message 10: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments Hi, team! :)

message 11: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

GridGirl wrote: "Hi, team! :)"

Gotcha checked in!

message 12: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments Checking in :)

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna wrote: "Checking in :)"

Gotcha checked in!

message 14: by Celia (new)

Celia Buell (celiareadsbooks) | 2697 comments Hi!

message 15: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments So I think the first thing we should do is guess all the riddle answers.

message 16: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I found the first riddle - I'm where things get brushed but I'm not a horse stable. What am I? on a website so I'm pretty sure I know the answer. I don't know if we are allowed to post them here?

message 17: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Celia wrote: "Hi!"

Gotcha checked in!

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

When it comes to guessing for riddles, you can either post the answer in your teams chat or PM me.

message 19: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Alaina wrote: "When it comes to guessing for riddles, you can either post the answer in your teams chat or PM me."

Awesome ty!

message 20: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Do we want to post them here team or PM Alaina?

message 21: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Just a heads up, you will see the rooms on the team's spreadsheet in a certain order. Please don't move those around - this is what I spun for you. You will start off with room 1 and then move to room 2 once you haven't completed all the tasks within the first room.

message 22: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Do we want to post them here team or PM Alaina?"

The advantage of posting them here is that we can discuss the answers. The disadvantage is that the other teams could sneak in here and see our answers ;)
But I honestly don't mind if the others come looking for answers. They still need to read the books after all 🤷🏻‍♀️

message 23: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

I agree!

message 24: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments yeah I agree :)

message 25: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments Do you guys think the book Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes would count for "MC gets a makeover"? The synopsis is that man with very low IQ gets a medical treatment that makes him intelligent up to the point where he's smarter than 99% of the people around him.
So it wouldn't be a makeover in the classical sense, but (if I were to decide) I'd allow it 😂

message 26: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys think the book Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes would count for "MC gets a makeover"? The synopsis is that man with very low IQ gets a medical treatment that makes him intelligent..."

I feel like it would count! I think he does have a makeover of sorts - from what I recall he wears stuff more suited for academic circles, suits and ties that kind of thing, once he's done medical treatment and gotten intelligent 😊 hope you enjoy the book regardless, it's one of my faves!

message 27: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new)

I think it will count

message 28: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (last edited May 28, 2020 02:56PM) (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I think it will count too.

So I'm pretty sure I have the clues to the first two rooms' riddles. I'll post them on the 1st and we can see if they are right.

message 29: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments Anna wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys think the book Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes would count for "MC gets a makeover"? The synopsis is that man with very low IQ gets a medical treatment that make..."

It's one of my faves, too! It's a reread, but it's been a few years since I read it.
And you are completely right about his clothing. Also I think I remember him visiting his father who is a hairdresser in his salon, so that would count, right?

I think I have figured out the riddles as well (wasn't the last one even an example on the Challenge page?), so we can discuss them on Monday :)

message 30: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments So I have put my three books I'm going to start with in the SS.

I tried to pick the 'hardest' categories they would fit in. I also have books that will fit Eyelashes as well. Probably a few other categories but that's the only other 'harder' one I can think of.

message 31: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments GridGirl wrote: "Anna wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "Do you guys think the book Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes would count for "MC gets a makeover"? The synopsis is that man with very low IQ gets a medical treatm..."

Yes the What gets wetter as it dries? was given as an example on the main thread. ^_^

message 32: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments So I have two series I will be focusing on this month. Maybe a third if I have time.

The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) by Kim Harrison (8 books)

and

The Black Witch (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1) by Laurie Forest (5 books)

message 33: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments It's a shame the second series doesn't have a P in it for the task 'Letters S,O,A,P in series title (in any order)'. But have fun with those series :)

message 34: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments GridGirl wrote: "It's a shame the second series doesn't have a P in it for the task 'Letters S,O,A,P in series title (in any order)'. But have fun with those series :)"

IKR!? I was hopefully that my only audio for the month would have it but HP #5 is only Harry Potter. :/

message 35: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I have more books I can pull from but those are my main reads and I will probably only read like 8 books.

message 36: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I thought of another book I could try but no 'A'. :(

message 37: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I found a book that works for S,O,A,P if we need it. ^_^

message 38: by Erica (new)

Erica Paré | 1802 comments Checking in

message 39: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Erica wrote: "Checking in"

Gotcha checked in!

message 40: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Adding Sheena to your team guys!

message 41: by Celia (new)

Celia Buell (celiareadsbooks) | 2697 comments My first book for June doesn't fit anything on the SS but I haven't looked at the text ones yet, I can probably find something.

message 42: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments I'll be starting right at midnight. Can't wait!

message 43: by Sheena (new)

Sheena | 64 comments Checking in! I have added my books to the spreadsheet!

message 44: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Awesome! ^-^

message 45: by Maya (new)

Maya White | 734 comments Hello checking in!

message 46: by Anna 'Bookbuyer' (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' (bookbuyer) | 9906 comments Okay it is now the 1st! At least my time. So I'm posting what I think the riddle guesses are.

I'm where things get brushed but I'm not a horse stable. What am I? - BATHROOM
I'm sometimes electric but I don't light up. What am I? - TOOTHBRUSH
What gets wetter as it dries? - TOWEL
I'm used most at night but I'm not a flashlight. What am I? - BED

I can change speeds but I'm not a car. What am I? - FAN
I'm found on a wall but I'm not paint. What am I? - MIRROR

message 47: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments I'm starting my first book now! Happy reading everyone! :)

By the way, should we mark the books we have started reading in the spreadsheet somehow?

message 48: by Anna (new)

Anna | 427 comments GridGirl wrote: "I'm starting my first book now! Happy reading everyone! :)

By the way, should we mark the books we have started reading in the spreadsheet somehow?"

Probably a good idea! I've just added in a column - CR for Currently Reading, and Finished if completed :)

message 49: by GridGirl (new)

GridGirl | 166 comments Anna wrote: "GridGirl wrote: "I'm starting my first book now! Happy reading everyone! :)

By the way, should we mark the books we have started reading in the spreadsheet somehow?"

Probably a good idea! I've ju..."

Great!

message 50: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new)

Anna 'Bookbuyer' wrote: "Okay it is now the 1st! At least my time. So I'm posting what I think the riddle guesses are.

I'm where things get brushed but I'm not a horse stable. What am I? - BATHROOM
I'm sometimes electric ..."

Okay, you can now see the tasks for those riddles. Remember there are 4 tasks per riddle but only 3 people need to read for that said riddle. You can read for any of the 4 tasks, so pick the book that fits that task :)

« previous 1 3 4 5