Bookish Worms discussion

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (Aristotle and Dante, #1)
Past BOTMs > Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe DUAL BOTM (YA) June 2020 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hey everyone!
One of our BOTMs for the LGBTQ+ themed BOTM for June is...
Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe!!!!

This book is the YA choice of our special DUAL BOTM. This idea was suggested by Tessa, so she gets all the credit. :)

For the dual BOTM, there are two books that we will be reading and discussing - one new adult, and one YA. The New Adult book is in a seperate thread in this folder. You can choose to read and discuss only one of the two, or you can do both if you want!

This thread is for anyone who is currently reading, wants to read, or has recently read this book to discuss, ask questions, talk about favorite & least favorite parts, debate, etc.

The official BOTM starts on June 1st, but feel free to start discussing now if you want. Otherwise, spend the extra time before the start getting your copy of one of the BOTMs. :D

Suditi (the_book_farer) This book is so amazing!!!! I read it last year and it blew my mind. I'll be reading it again. Can't wait to discuss it with all of you.

Jia ♥ (bookloverforever101) K so I read the Inexplicable Logic of My life and it is the most amazing thing ever by this author so now I need to read this one. Had it on my want to read list. But for real the ILOML. made me cry soooo hard. Ok so it's about this guy who's adopted and tries to find his identity but since I'm adopted and many of his thoughts I have had it just made me connect and I sobbed like gushing it was crazy because I never cry reading books.

Suditi (the_book_farer) ILOML has been on my tbr list for so long..... Will have to read soon.

Sasha (lostinfics) | 71 comments Can't wait to read this one

Darce | 52 comments ahhh i'm so excited to read this! i've heard such good stuff about it :))

Darce | 52 comments so how do we do this? do we just read as much as we want and then come here and chat and stuff? and do we mark spoilers? i'm excited to start :))

KM Abiduzzaman Loneliness...

KM Abiduzzaman Is better...

KM Abiduzzaman than humans.

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Darce wrote: "so how do we do this? do we just read as much as we want and then come here and chat and stuff? and do we mark spoilers? i'm excited to start :))"

Yep! You can read the book, then come and ask questions, talk about your favorite and least favorite parts, the plot, or debate.
(and yes please mark major spoilers in case people come on to talk about the book and they haven't finished yet)

message 12: by KM Abiduzzaman (last edited Jun 01, 2020 09:03AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

KM Abiduzzaman We, 'science sexual' people, are so stupid. We always keep asking 'why' and 'how' till we find a logical explanation. So, please forgive me if any of the following questions hurts you.

So, my questions are like these-
(1) Male body produces testosterone hormone which you can call the 'culprit' for making males fell in love with the females. On the other hand, female body produces estrogen hormone for the same purpose.
And my question is where the hormones go when people becomes gay?

(2) From what the heck we got the idea that we need to touch someone's reproductive organs to prove our love for them?

I just want to eat the frog in the morning.

Darce | 52 comments Natalie wrote: "Yep! You can read the book, then come and ask questions, talk about your favorite and least favorite parts, the plot, or debate."

ok sounds great, thank you!

Darce | 52 comments i've read a fair bit of this so far and the writing style is really interesting!! i'm not sure if i love it but it really fits this book and the characters really well, i'm super excited to see where the story goes. both Ari and Dante seem like super sweet and relatable characters so far, i'm looking forward to the romance aspect of the story :))

Suditi (the_book_farer) You just wait.... It's super sweet.

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm going to start listening to the audiobook within the next few days! I've heard sooo many good things about this book, so I'm excited to start :)

Darce | 52 comments Suditi wrote: "You just wait.... It's super sweet."

i just finished it and it was definitely sweet!! (view spoiler)

Darce | 52 comments Natalie wrote: "I'm going to start listening to the audiobook within the next few days! I've heard sooo many good things about this book, so I'm excited to start :)"

i just finished this, i loved it! enjoy your read!

Suditi (the_book_farer) Darce wrote: "Suditi wrote: "You just wait.... It's super sweet."

i just finished it and it was definitely sweet!! [spoilers removed]"

I know!!! The writing style is also so amazing.

Darce | 52 comments Suditi wrote: "Darce wrote: "Suditi wrote: "You just wait.... It's super sweet."

i just finished it and it was definitely sweet!! [spoilers removed]"

I know!!! The writing style is also so amazing."

yes it definitely is! it reminded me of one of my other favourite books Wolfsong, which was really nice

Necmi Çoban | 195 comments I started yesterday and finished it tonight.

Darce | 52 comments Necmi wrote: "I started yesterday and finished it tonight."

what did you think?

Necmi Çoban | 195 comments Darce wrote: "Necmi wrote: "I started yesterday and finished it tonight."

what did you think?"

It is an easy to read book. Story telling is OK. Friendship is brillant but I do not support such relationships. I show respect but do not accept.

message 24: by Ani (new) - added it

Ani (anic) | 156 comments Well, good thing all you really need to do is respect, right? :) I couldn't read the book but it's been in my TBR since forever, I hope I get to read it someday.

Ananya Ani wrote: "Well, good thing all you really need to do is respect, right? :) I couldn't read the book but it's been in my TBR since forever, I hope I get to read it someday."

hey Ani!! what did you think of this book??
i am excited about your thoughts!!! :D