Beyond Reality discussion

Previous BotM--DISCUSSIONS > The Invisible Library—rest of the series

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

Kathi | 3115 comments Mod
Just setting up this topic for anyone who plans to continue reading the books in this series. While not an official series read, there may be a few of us who will read more and want to comment on the other books.

message 2: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2150 comments Mod
Good call, Kathi! I've just finished book 2 and I got book 3 from the library. In book 2 I really enjoyed learning more about the fae. This is not really a plot spoiler but I'll put it under a tag anyway because I know some people don't want to know ANYTHING about a book before starting - (view spoiler)

I'm planning on starting book 3 tonight.

message 3: by Leticia (new)

Leticia (leticiatoraci) | 26 comments I have book 2 and plan to read it soon. This is such an awesome series!

message 4: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

I have more of the books as well and do plan on reading them—just spacing them out with other things.

message 5: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

I just finished Book 2, The Masked City, 8/10, great fun! Irene is a quick thinker and extraordinarily competent, but still needs and accepts the help of others. (view spoiler) And I would like more backstory on Coppelia.

message 6: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

I finished Book 3, The Burning Page, and thought it was excellent. Irene continues to develop more depth and nuance, although the supporting cast, for the most part, don’t seem to have developed as much. (view spoiler)

message 7: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (new)

I din’t know if anyone else is reading the rest of this series, but I just finished book 4, The Lost Plot. 8/10. More focus on the dragons than the fae in this installment.

message 8: by Shel, Moderator (new)

Shel (shel99) | 2150 comments Mod
I plan on continuing but haven't yet! If it focuses more on the dragons I'm all over that -- have to request from the library. I'm fascinated by the dragons!

message 9: by Kathi, Moderator & Book Lover (last edited Jul 19, 2020 06:42PM) (new)

Book 5, The Mortal Word. 9/10. Plenty of intrigue, lots more interaction among the Librarians, Fae, and Dragons, and just a dash of romance. A very satisfying read.