2021 & 2022 Reading Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2020 > The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games #1)

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Trisha, Buddy Reads (new)

Trisha (trishabisen) | 1982 comments This thread is to discuss The Hunger Games, the first book in the The Hunger Games Series by Suzanne Collins.

Pages: 374 pages

Length: 1 Month (June)

Participants: Alison, Dominique, Elena.

Everyone reads at their own pace during a Buddy Read. Because participants can be at different parts of the book at different times, it is extremely important to mark spoilers so that the book is not ruined for someone who is not as far along as others!!!

Mark spoilers by placing {spoiler} before the text and {/spoiler} after the text but use the < and > instead of the { and }.

Happy Buddy Reading!

message 2: by Alison (new)

Alison | 836 comments I have never read this series but watched the movies...can’t wait to read this! 😊

message 3: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 755 comments Can't wait, been years since I read it.
Getting the sequel book today in the mail!

message 4: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 984 comments My library app says I'll have this after June 9th. Read the books before the movies came out and recently watched the movies again so excited to re-read!

message 5: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 984 comments Did y'all see that there's a discussion thread for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes for this month??

I thought it was scheduled for after we read the series all the way through again?

message 6: by Dominique (new)

Dominique  | 755 comments Ruthie wrote: "Did y'all see that there's a discussion thread for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes for this month??

I thought it was scheduled for after we read the series all the way through again?"

Yes I saw it and thought it was going to be the last book that we were reading. I received it last week and didn't open it and won't until we start.

message 7: by Alison (new)

Alison | 836 comments I thought it was at the end of reading the series also! 😊

message 8: by Shareen (new)

Shareen Ghabrial (ghabi) | 299 comments Ruthie wrote: "Did y'all see that there's a discussion thread for The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes for this month??

I thought it was scheduled for after we read the series all the way through again?"

SAME!

message 9: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 984 comments Ok, well glad I'm not the only one and if people are reading it this month at least we will read it after we read the whole series again

message 10: by Shareen (new)

Shareen Ghabrial (ghabi) | 299 comments Yea, I am sure you and I can wait with our crazy reading lists right now, lol

message 11: by Cassie (new)

Cassie | 336 comments I just got this checked out on my library app. I'm going to TRY to get to this during June, but I know how crazy my life is going to get.

I sell fireworks. It is less than a month until 4th of July. Many towns are already cancelling shows. People have money to spend. I worked 25 hours in the past 2.5 days. Someone... send help.... :)

However, I DO want to re read these before I try Ballads, despite some of the reviews I've heard from friends on that one. Fingers crossed!

message 12: by Alison (new)

Alison | 836 comments I finished the book today...OMG, what a good book! I kept saying to myself “Just One More Chapter!” because I had to find out what happened! I don’t remember much of the movies (when my family watched them, it was a busy time for me so I may not have even watched them 😉) so the movies didn’t spoil the book for me...I can’t wait to read the rest of the series...Thank You for letting me join in the Buddy Read with You! 😊

Tomethee Chalamet (likeactualsoulmates) | 269 comments Hello guys!!! Sorry I haven't posted before, I have been very busy. But I finished the book today! Even if I have seen the movie before (like 5 times, so I knew everything that happens by heart) it was still an amazing experience to read the book!! So good I don't know if I can wait a month to read the next one, I might as well start today!! And I might, but I hope everyone else loves it as much as I did!!

message 14: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 984 comments I've just started and already noticed something about the difference btw the movie and the book from the first few chapters

(view spoiler)

message 15: by Ruthie (new)

Ruthie (ruthieram_reads) | 984 comments I finished it! I thought it was even better than when I first read it years and years ago. Also, I got more emotional.

The narrator of the audiobook wasn't the best. I didn't like her voice for Katniss but weirdly she did good on the other voices like the male voices and Effie's voice. I think it was because she sounded like an older lady instead of a teenage girl when she read Katniss' parts.

(view spoiler)

Maggie the Muskoka Library Mouse (mcurry1990) | 1 comments A book I found very difficult to put down.

message 17: by Nadine (new)

Nadine (httplatte) Chapter 5 - So far so good!! I like it already.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Hunger Games (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Suzanne Collins (other topics)