Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

Hideaway
This topic is about Hideaway
Buddy Reads: Current & Upcoming > Roberts, Nora--Hideaway informal buddy read starts June 8, 2020

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (last edited May 25, 2020 08:24PM) (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 30837 comments Mod
This thread is open to discuss Hideaway by Nora Roberts.

Synopsis
A family ranch in Big Sur country and a legacy of Hollywood royalty set the stage for Nora Roberts’ emotional new suspense novel.

Caitlyn Sullivan, a daughter of Hollywood royalty, was already a star at ten, but still loved to play hide-and-seek with her cousins at the family home in Big Sur. It was during one of those games that she disappeared.

Despite her glamorous background, Cate was a shrewd, scrappy survivor, and she managed to escape her abductors. Dillon Cooper was shocked to find the bruised and terrified girl huddled in his ranch house kitchen—but when the teenager and his family heard her story they provided refuge and comfort, reuniting her with her loved ones.

Cate’s ordeal, though, was far from over. First came the discovery of a betrayal that would send someone she’d trusted to prison. Then there were years away in Ireland, sheltered and protected but with restlessness growing in her soul. Then, finally, she returned to Los Angeles, hoping to act again and get past the trauma that had derailed her life. What she didn’t yet know was that two seeds had been planted that long-ago night—one of a great love, and one of a terrible vengeance…

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

message 3: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

r

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments Just bought my copy. Can't wait to start it.

Geri | 2042 comments I’ve got my copy too!

message 6: by Rajiv (new)

Rajiv (rajivsreviews) | 66 comments can I join too ? :) I just purchased the ebook and cant wait to start reading

Geri | 2042 comments Rajiv wrote: "can I join too ? :) I just purchased the ebook and cant wait to start reading"

Sure, you can join us!

message 8: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

**Note the start date change from June 3 to June 8 :-)

Geri | 2042 comments Karen, I will start reading the book tomorrow. I have read my last book for Amazing Race. Will you be ready to read too?

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I should be able to start by tomorrow night. I have one more to finish for Amazing Race.

message 11: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments No problem. I’ll start tonight too!

message 12: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments I am through chapter 10. There’s definitely a lot of crazy family drama! (view spoiler) I am finding it interesting. Cate getting back into acting will be fun to follow. No romance yet. But I’m sure there will be one. And just an inkling of menace. I haven’t really read the description so I won’t know what will happen.

What do you thnk?

message 13: by Karen ♐ (last edited Jun 10, 2020 02:24PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I'm loving it! Crazy family drama is an understatement!
Lol (view spoiler)

I'm up to Chapter 14. I haven't been able to put this down. I'm listening to the audio and January LaVoy is fantastic! I love how we're seeing both Cate and Dillon growing up. I'm hoping they ultimately get together...I didn't read the reviews/blurb because I wanted to be surprised.

message 14: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments You are going to finish before me. Glad you are enjoying it. I agree January Lavoy is great as narrator. One reason I bought the audiobook.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I had a bit of extra time today. So I got quite a bit of it read. No hurry. We'll discuss when we're both done...

message 16: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Well, I made it through chapter 20 today. I am a little disappointed. I was hoping for more thrill and suspense. The writing is keeping the story too surface-y. I’d like to follow Cate’s mother and Cate’s abductor in prison more. I am assuming things will happen with them. As far as Cate’s old boyfriend, (view spoiler) You may have already finished. If so, no need to answer. And Cate’s mother. What a terrible person! 😁

What do you think of the romance? I will finish tomorrow!

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I'm loving this book. I really love how Roberts took her time with Cate and Dillon. (view spoiler)

I've finished Chapter 24 and the suspense is heating up a bit. I wouldn't really call this book R/S. At least at this point. I would call it Romance with some suspense.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I finished last night. I really enjoyed it. Not heavy on the suspense however.

message 19: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Okay, I’m done. It was an entertaining read. It wasn’t what I expected. But the ending did surprise me. I wish Cate had pursued acting. I have a soft spot for books on film sets, making a movie etc.. The romance was light. But I suppose this was meant to be a light summer read. I agree it definitely wasn’t romantic suspense. Too much telling and not enough getting to know the characters. I do need to find a romantic suspense since that is what I am in the mood for!

Just a few hours before Wheel starts! Are you ready?

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments I agree. This was more of a light read. I wished she had pursued acting because it was obvious she was really good. I agree there was a lot of telling. I am in a BR where we are reading Allison Brennan's R/S. Wow! They are really good.

I'm ready for Wheel. Can't wait for it to start.

message 21: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Karen ♐ wrote: "I agree. This was more of a light read. I wished she had pursued acting because it was obvious she was really good. I agree there was a lot of telling. I am in a BR where we are reading Allison Bre..."

OK. I’ll search for a Brennan book! But not until Wheel starts. I’ll be tempted to start. And I can’t. No more books for a few hours!

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments If you want to start the Lucy Kincaid series, I recommend you start with the Predator Trilogy. This is where we started and we're glad we went back to the beginning. There is a lot of crossover.

message 23: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Thanks! She has written a lot of books. I didn’t know where to start!

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments If you start with Predator Trilogy and enjoy them, I can tell you what order we read them in.

message 25: by Geri (new) - rated it 2 stars

Geri | 2042 comments Do you like Lucy Kincaid series? My library has them all. I may start there.

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 1785 comments We started with the Predator Trilogy, then No Evil Trilogy, Prison Break Trilogy and then Lucy Kincaid. I believe the author recommended to read in that order. All the books have been really good.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hideaway (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Nora Roberts (other topics)