Challenge Corner discussion

The Bro Code
This topic is about The Bro Code
Let's Buddy! - Contemporary > The Bro Code by Elizabeth Seibert -> Starting June 1st, 2020

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaina (ameserole) | 53331 comments Mod
High school life for Prom King and varsity soccer star, Nick Maguire, is a breeze up until his father is diagnosed with terminal cancer. With his home life in a frenzy, the last thing Nick expects is to have his head turned by a girl, let alone his best friend's younger sister. The connection is instant between the two, but Nick must tread lightly knowing how overprotective his best friend is about her. Trying to balance his fragile family situation and the undeniable feelings that he must keep secret, Nick must decide if happiness is worth more than the bro code.

message 2: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

29%: (view spoiler)

message 3: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly (alyp_01) | 19689 comments Mod
I couldn't get this to send to my kindle, so I'm reading on Adobe and the font is small. So I have to zoom in and out on each page lol.

message 4: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Oh no 😂😂

message 5: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I'm only on ch 3 I think, but the "bro code" is ridiculous lol

message 6: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yeah but I'm glad I can read it at least.

message 7: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Omg yes it totally is

message 8: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I mean, they have to be good at dodgeball and love it. So weird

message 9: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

52%: (view spoiler)

message 10: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

88%: (view spoiler)

message 11: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Ah man, I'm heading home soon then I'll be able to read more!

message 12: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

100%: (view spoiler)

message 13: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly wrote: "Ah man, I'm heading home soon then I'll be able to read more!"

yay! I can't wait to read your thoughts!

message 14: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

25% (view spoiler)
50% (view spoiler)

message 15: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaina wrote: "52%: [spoilers removed]"

Oh yeah that makes sense (view spoiler)

message 16: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly wrote: "25% [spoilers removed]
50% ..."

Yeah it doesn’t really seem like they follow it at all. Plus it’s stupid.

message 17: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I figured out my problem on Kindle, whew! It was killing me trying to read that tiny font lol

message 18: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

omg yay!

message 19: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I know! When I changed my account, it gave me a new Kindle ID so I was sending books to the wrong place. Ugh

message 20: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly wrote: "I know! When I changed my account, it gave me a new Kindle ID so I was sending books to the wrong place. Ugh"

omg no! that's so sad

message 21: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (last edited Jun 03, 2020 06:23AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

78% (view spoiler)
finished (view spoiler)

message 22: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Alaina wrote: "100%: [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous

message 23: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly wrote: "Alaina wrote: "100%: [spoilers removed]"

Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous"

YES! Also the overall ending just made me so mad with this book. I still can't believe Austin and Carter right now!

message 24: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Yep. I feel like this book was making fun of sexism, but didn't actually have a good message

message 25: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

Aly wrote: "Yep. I feel like this book was making fun of sexism, but didn't actually have a good message"

Nope, not one bit. I wish it dove into it a bit more..

message 26: by Aly, Head of Solo Quarterly & Maker of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I put that in my note to the publisher. Not sure it will help but I tried

message 27: by Alaina, Head of Monthly Challenges & Keeper of BR Threads (new) - rated it 2 stars

I didn’t even think of that! Should’ve done the same