Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > Seeking Experienced Beta Reader-70K word MS

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brian (new)

Brian St Aubin | 2 comments Frank Connor inexplicably gets a letter from his dead mother. Unable to make sense of the mysterious and unsettling letter, Frank finds himself in the midst of a series of strange events as he wanders through memories of his childhood. A coming-of-age journey with quirky accounts of a topsy-turvy childhood. Along the way, he meets a cast of characters all sharing similar traits. As friendly as they are, none are able to offer an explanation for the letter. Those that do know, are not inclined to reveal the truth.

The memories run dry, the mystery unfolds, Frank is no longer one of the living. Things now make perfect sense. At peace, his questions answered, he reunites with his mother.

Thanks for considering my request.

message 2: by BookWhispers (new)

BookWhispers | 46 comments Hi, I would be happy to work for you. Your novel sounds interesting, I like such mysteries.

If you are interested also in free help, here is my blog with writing tips: https://mybookwhisperer.org/writing-a...

What you can expect from me:

I will carefully read your story and send you very detailed feedback. You can send me your first two pages as a sample and I will provide a free critique.

I will focus on:

- the characters (are they likable, enjoyable, did you manage your goal to make them disgusting...)

- the story (pacing, great moments, twists, dead ends, plot holes, dragging parts...)

- the world-building (is your world believable? Is it detailed enough, or should you reduce it?)

-the style (repetitions, too long sentences, beautifully written parts...)

Your story deserves to shine! I will gladly help you make your book even better than it is now.

You can order my services here:
https://www.fiverr.com/bookwhispers/n...

message 3: by Priya (new)

Priya Bhowal (priyalovingly) | 15 comments Hi Brian, I'm interested in Beta reading your book. Please contact me at priya.bhowal@hotmail.com

message 4: by Ayesha (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 121 comments Hi Brian, I am expreienced and would love to beta read for you. Visit my website at whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r... for testimonials and more information.

message 5: by Oliwia (new)

Oliwia | 16 comments Hi Brian,
I offer professional and affordable beta reading that includes a comprehensive beta reading report and quick turnaround time. Feel free to visit www.thewritingtheory.com for examples and testimonials. I'm looking forward to working with you!

message 6: by Wentzel (new)

Wentzel Lombard | 35 comments Hi Brian,

My fee is $1 for every 2000 words. I have samples of my work available on request. my e-mail address is wentzellombard@yahoo.com.

message 7: by Fanna (new)

Fanna (fannaforbooks) | 64 comments Hey, Brain!

I'm an experienced beta reader and my extensive feedback can certainly help you take your manuscript forward. I have a minimal turnaround time of two weeks and offer three types of feedback to deliver exactly what you want. The most commonly ordered feedback is the overall, general one that starts at a base price of $1/1K words. You can read more about my services, view the samples and the testimonials here.

message 8: by Gabby (new)

Gabby (gabbycd) | 85 comments Hi Brian,

I'm an experienced beta reader, editor and proofreader with a Bachelor degree in English and Creative Writing. Your novel sounds right up my alley and I'd love to beta read for you!
For Beta Reading I charge $0.0009AUD/word, so for your 70k manuscript that would be $63AUD (about $40USD). In terms of feedback, I provide both my instant reactions and comments on your manuscript using track changes, as well as a detailed summary on a separate document.
You can find out more about what I offer on my website - gabbysbeta.wordpress.com or email me at gabbydaloia@outlook.com and we can work something out.

Thanks for considering :)

Gabby

message 9: by M.T. (new)

M.T. DeSantis (desantismt) | 42 comments Hi Brian,
If you're still searching for beta readers, I'd love to be considered. Your novel sounds fascinating. You can find more about me (including rates) at my editing services page (http://kitnkabookle.blogspot.com/p/bl...), and my email is mdesantis924@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you!
Mary

message 10: by Meghalee (new)

Meghalee Mitra | 37 comments Hey,

I saw that you were looking for a beta reader!

I have a Master's in Literature, and years of experience working in the content industry. I have critiqued books for several years. I would love to be on board this project. You could check my beta-reading reviews in my Fiverr profile (fiverr.com/wordpaint) or mail me: meghaleemitra@gmail.com

I provide in-depth analysis, leave in-line comments along the manuscript, and also provide an extensive Reader's Report covering all bases.

(I also provide proofreading and editing services, if needed)

Looking forward! :)

Best,
Meghalee

message 11: by Novel (new)

Novel Idea | 19 comments Hi Brian,

Your book sounds really interesting - quirky in just the right way! If you're still looking for betas, I'd love to read it. Rates and contact info can be found at www.novelidea.ca. I hope to hear from you!

message 12: by Shalu (new)

Shalu Gupta | 36 comments Hello,

Your book seems interesting. I would like to give it a look. I am an editor, and right now accepting clients for editorial assessment.

What I will do? I will point out issues such as ‘show don’t tell’, ambiguous narration, confused storyline, POV issues, character development, issue with the flow, plot-holes, muddled language and over-explaining. I use tracking on manuscripts and provide paragraph-wise feedback for you to see all changes required. You’ll get a full breakdown report at the end.

I charge $0.008 for the assessment. However, if your book has more than 90K words, I will be more than happy to offer you a discount.

I also offer line editing for $0.01 ppw. Email me your queries at yourcoauthor@gmail.com . I am excited to share the authors' recommendations I have received. :)

message 13: by Ayesha (last edited Jul 31, 2020 09:49PM) (new)

Ayesha Ghaffar | 121 comments Hi, if you haven't already found a beta reader I would love to help. I am experienced have affordable rates. My beta reading includes a sample line edit, in line commenting, and a summary letter. I can do a chapter sample if you would like. My email is aag2474@gmail.com and you can visit my website for more information and testimonials at whatayeshareads.blogspot.com/p/beta-r...

The fee for 70k words is $35

message 14: by Alina (last edited Aug 01, 2020 10:49AM) (new)

Alina Hansen (ahappyhansen) | 9 comments Brian wrote: "Frank Connor inexplicably gets a letter from his dead mother. Unable to make sense of the mysterious and unsettling letter, Frank finds himself in the midst of a series of strange events as he wand..."

Hello Brian,

My name is Alina Happy Hansen and I would love to beta read your novel. Frank Connor sounds like a compelling character and I'm curious about the mystery.

A little bit about me: I have a BA in English and I am currently a Literary Intern for DLG Publishing Partners. At DLG I work as a Developmental Editor with contracted authors and I also read the slush pile, voting on which submissions should be accepted or declined. I was also a Literary Intern for an International Book Scouting Agency last year.

About my Beta Read services:

What is included in my Beta Read:

Reader Report (reviewing concept/idea, plot, structure, characters, dialogue, overall strengths and weaknesses)
Personal Letter from me to you (included in the Reader Report)
Personalized Recommended Writers Resources and Reading List
Word Doc copy of your writing with Track Changes containing my highlights/comments/notes

I put all of these documents in a compressed zip folder for your convenience.

note: when ordering a Beta Read please include any questions you have for me.

What I don't offer:

Formatting your MS
Editing
Proofreading
Rewriting

For an 70k word novel my rate would regularly be $350 but I am offering 20% off until August 12th, so the approximate price would be $280.

I can have your Beta Read completed in 3 days.

I offer my Beta Reads through Fiverr. You can check it out here:
https://www.fiverr.com/alina_h_hansen...

Here are a few of my client reviews:

Yusufdel

7/31/2020

5 Stars *****

"I am astounded at the quality of the work, the depth of the insights, and the accuracy of the comments. That the entire process of beta reading my novel of 120k words took less than the estimated three days is beyond my ability to comprehend. Alina's communications throughout the process were concise and businesslike. In short, I will return to her with more work in the future. I will likewise recommend her to friends and colleagues."

veglordsupreme

1 Month Ago

5 Stars *****

"When Alina said she would finish my entire 95,000 word novel, write up in depth documents dissecting every piece of the it, and give suggestions in a matter of a few days, I didn't believe it. The seller proved me wrong. The amount of work she completed in such a short period of time blew me away. I have a lot of work ahead of me with editing my novel now after all of the feedback, but that's what I wanted. I'm not accustomed to using Fiverr, but she was patient with me and easy to work with. Glad I decided to pay for this service. The feedback will be invaluable as I continue to edit."

adeimantus

1 Month Ago

5 Stars *****

"Alina was an incredible help with my historical fiction novel. Her advice was clear, meticulous, and highly actionable. I was blown away by how extensive and careful her comments, suggestions and advice were. Very highly recommended!"

If you are interested in my services, don't hesitate to reach out. You can message me on Fiverr or email me at alinahappyhansenwriter@gmail.com

Thank you for your time and consideration Brian and have a fantastic week!

Warmest Regards,
Alina