FLASHLIGHT READERS discussion

SO... > So...How do you arrange your bookshelf??

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Srujan, Bibliophile (last edited May 24, 2020 09:18AM) (new)

Srujan (srujanreads) | 1320 comments Mod
Hey guys how do you organise your bookshelf??

I organise my bookshelf colour wise. From white to Black and from warm to cold. How do you arrange??

message 2: by Bailey, BOTM AND POLLS DEPARTMENT (new)

Bailey the BookNerd (bn021206) | 619 comments Mod
I kind of do it by genre and keep series together. But my bookshelf is so small so I’m looking for a new one.

message 3: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

I don't have many hardcopies because I read mostly on my Kindle.

message 4: by [deleted user] (last edited May 24, 2020 10:34AM) (new)

each line is a shelf)
nancy drew and boxcar children
my nice hardcover sets
a-z
series, a-z
school
a-z
a-z
a-z

message 5: by Dalila (new)

Dalila Mandić (dalila93) | 98 comments I always keep a series together. But, I also try to keep genre and the publishing house together...

My previous shelf order went only by the publishing houses, so the genres were mixed, but also together...

Right now my bookshelf goes like this:
1. Classics
2. Fantasy YA
3. Romance YA
4. Romance
5. Mystery / Drama / Historical books
6. English books / Drama

message 6: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 92 comments mine is by series and genre

message 7: by Josie (new)

Josie | 21 comments Mine is by genre with authors bunched together if possible.

message 8: by Alex (new)

Alex  Lantsov-Vanserra (alexthebookish) | 216 comments I have 5 shelves organized by series, one shelf of just Cassandra Clare, one shelf of stand-alones in rainbow order, and one shelf of stand-alones in alphabetical order.

It's kind of unconventional but it works for me.

message 9: by bertille (new)

bertille m (bertmarthou) | 22 comments my bookshelf is organized by publishing houses for aesthetic purposes lol and then in author alphabetical order, if more books from one author i classify by alphabetical order of the names of the books #crazy

daughterofathenacarli | 21 comments By emotion, keeping series together

message 11: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazeluriel) | 78 comments My bookshelf is separated into two categories-in one I have my novels and in the other my series. Both are alphabetically organized.

message 12: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandathereader07) | 47 comments Shelf 1: Tallest books
Shelf 2: Favorite's shelf
Shelf 3: Classic books
Shelf 4,5,6,7,and 8: Children tales. (They are small shelves.)
Then I keep schoolbooks, french books, and realistic books on the remaining shelves.
Box on the floor beside bookshelf: TBR pile.

message 13: by Kaitlyn (new)

Kaitlyn (kaitlynreadskaitlyn) | 70 comments Mine is kinda a mix between a lot of things. I have 3 series on the top in no particular order. On my second shelf I have middle grades first by kinda size and kinda color. On the rest of the second shelf I have a bunch of YAs again organized by size and color and maybe throw in a little genre organization. On the bottom left I have mythology books (Mostly Rick Riordan and a few Kate O’hearn). On the bottom right I have a bible, a couple of nonfictions, and some other church related books (I’m Catholic)

message 14: by Amelie (new)

Amelie | 1106 comments I arrange my bookshelves by size and colour!

message 15: by Amanda Artist Cat, Bored! (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) | 1448 comments Mod
Adela wrote: "My bookshelf is too small for any serious organization, but I go by genre and a tiny bit of color-coding. My contemporaries are all together on one very bright shelf, and I have TMI and TID on shel..."

It's pretty, I watched your video and loved it!
My bookshelf lookes like someone bombed it, so I won't torture you with the details 😹!

message 16: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (goodreadscomuser_rheanna) I have a book case with 5 shelves and I organize them by genre:
Top shelf: Science Fiction, Thriller/mystery, and Non-Fiction because I don't have many of those.
Next: Fantasy
Next: Magical Realism, literary fiction, dystopian, historical
Next: Contemporary, and I have them in rainbow order because i don't know why.
Last: Middle Grade and my Harry Potter books because every time JK Rowling is trash I move them down a shelf lol.
I also have another shelf with my classics in a different part of my room.
If you can't tell I have a book buying problem.

message 17: by Tiffany (new)

Tiffany I don't have many physical books since I read a ton of ebooks. The few physical books I do have are arranged like this: paperbacks (there are eight, I believe) are on the little shelf above my bed, and hardcovers (I only have two) sit on the bedside table.

☀︎ zoe ☀︎ (zoereadswithfairies) | 28 comments i have two bookshelves next to each other, the smaller one is completely arranged by colour, in an order of red, pink, purple, blue, green and a little yellow. my other bookshelf picks up where the other leaves of, colour-wise with colours yellow, orange, brown, black, grey and white. then i have all my “classics” and childhood favourites i couldn’t get rid of (aka mallory towers) and library books and then the bottom shelf is bigger books and my school stuff. i also have a bunch of random books and box sets on the top of the two lol

message 19: by Zoe (new)

Zoe (Book Hooked) I arrange mine by genre😊

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Me too, I stage it by genre then alphabetically by the book title. Although it’s mostly messed up now.

message 21: by Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (last edited Sep 12, 2020 08:53AM) (new)

Maja (The Moonlight Reader) (majalovesreading) | 89 comments I have two shelves, one big and one small. So the top of the big one is rainbow organised, then under it I have:
Shelf 1: Polish books
Shelf 2: Cassandra Clare books
Shelf 3: Classics
Shelf 4: Non-Fiction
Shelf 5: Dictionaries and encyclopedias, etc
Shelf 6: More Polish books and children's books
Then on my second shelf I have just YA Books

message 22: by katie ❀ (new)

katie ❀ (whisperngpages) mine is by rainbow order! I will do anything to keep the colors like that, will even split up series ;(

message 23: by Rheanna (new)

Rheanna (goodreadscomuser_rheanna) Cool!
I just organized my shelves so they’re like that now too

message 24: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazeluriel) | 78 comments I use to have them in alphabetical order but recently I switched to height so my bookshelf looks better but now I have a hard time finding ones I looking for.

message 25: by lemon (new)

lemon ((i wanna be your vacuum cleaner)) (makevocaloidgreatagain) i arrange mine by size

message 26: by Srujan, Bibliophile (new)

my bookshelf is small. most of my books are on my kindle. But famous and a few of my favorites are in my shelf.

message 27: by Lonesome Suzie (new)

Lonesome Suzie (lonesomesuzie) I have a few books since I mostly read on my ereader, but I arrange the ones I've got by genres.

message 28: by Charlene (new)

Charlene  Turner: KINGDOM KEEPER | 92 comments I organize mine by series and genres. (and maybe favorite series)

message 29: by Holly (new)

Holly (hollyabookdragon) I have them in rainbow order

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

I have a bookshelf for my book series sets, and the rest of my standalones or incomplete series are arranged by color order in a different shelf.

message 31: by Harper (new)

Harper Hudson I do them alphabetically, but I may give in and do it by color

message 32: by Charlotte (new)

Charlotte When I get new book I put them on the one side and hen I kinda try and put the series with the same color next to each other but it’s a lot of work since almost every time a get a new book I have to reorganize it.

message 33: by Hazel (new)

Hazel (hazeluriel) | 78 comments I use to do them alphabetically, than I switched to book height, Now I have it by color.