Art and the Environment discussion

Hello Everybody!

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Samantha (new)

Samantha | 112 comments Mod
Can we all say hi to each other so we know who's here? Thanks!

message 2: by Samantha (new)

Hello, I'm Samantha. :)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Hiya, Samantha 💕. I'm Amanda and I want to help the environment in any small way I can xD

message 4: by Samantha (new)

True, true! :) :) Nice to see you all!

message 5: by Amanda (new)

Amanda (amandathereader07) | 6 comments Hello! My name is also Amanda.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Amanda wrote: "Hello! My name is also Amanda."

Wow!! That's so funny!!! Welcome, Amanda xD !!

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

hey everyone :) im estrellita i hope we can have a lot nice conversations and do some good things

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) ✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Estrellita*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ wrote: "hey everyone :) im estrellita i hope we can have a lot nice conversations and do some good things"

Welcome, Estrellita!! I hope so too!

message 9: by Samantha (new)

Amanda wrote: "Hello! My name is also Amanda."

Welcome! Glad to have two Amandas!! :)

message 10: by Samantha (new)

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Estrellita*:・゚✧*:・゚✧ wrote: "hey everyone :) im estrellita i hope we can have a lot nice conversations and do some good things"

Glad to have you here! I hope we can achieve some good in the world!! :) :)

message 11: by Samantha (new)

Hi guys, the art challenge ends today, so if no one has anything to hand in I could extend it, if you want. :) :) Let me know!

message 12: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jun 15, 2020 05:34PM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) I'll hand mine in after class today!! How do we post the pictures??

message 13: by Samantha (new)

Um, there's a photos page on the group homepage. I haven't actually tried it, but I assume you can post pictures there. I'll post mine tomorrow.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Excellent 😊 !

message 15: by Samantha (new)

Hi guys, I've made Amanda (rainbow cat Amanda) a moderator of this group. If you have any questions feel free to ask!!

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Thank you for joining, Autumn ❤️! Oh dear, wildfires are dreadful 😨!!

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Amanda wrote: "Thank you for joining, Autumn ❤️! Oh dear, wildfires are dreadful 😨!!"

Yes, they are terrifying. I have a link on my page from the one we had to run from.

message 18: by Amanda Artist Cat (last edited Jun 17, 2020 07:19PM) (new)

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oh my goodness, I just watched it and it is more than terrifying!!! It looked like something out of a fantasy movie 😱! The poor forest 😢...

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Amanda wrote: "Oh my goodness, I just watched it and it is more than terrifying!!! It looked like something out of a fantasy movie 😱! The poor forest 😢..."

Thanks for watching it. I watched it too and cried. I still have PTSD from that. They have never caught the arsonist who started it. Imagine all the hummingbirds, deer, bears and mountain lions that died. Our magpies seemed to have flown off somewhere and then came back.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Oh no... I'm so sad to hear that 😔.

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ Amanda wrote: "Oh no... I'm so sad to hear that 😔."

Sorry!

message 22: by Samantha (new)

~☆~Autumn♥♥ wrote: "Hi! I am in the little village of Green Mountain Falls, CO where lots of smoke is blowing in today from wildfires somewhere. thanks for inviting me."

You're welcome!! I hope you enjoy being here. Oh no, fires are terrible. Is everyone in your area ok?

~☆~Autumn♥♥☔ The fires are not here in this state but the smoke is blowing in! It makes it hard to breath. A wind last night cleared most of it. Thanks, hope so too.

Amanda Artist Cat (amandawholovesbooks) Thank you for joining 😊! We're so glad to have you here xD !!

message 25: by Samantha (new)

~☆~Autumn♥♥ wrote: "The fires are not here in this state but the smoke is blowing in! It makes it hard to breath. A wind last night cleared most of it. Thanks, hope so too."

I understand. We had really bad fires in Australia last year, and the start of this year, and the smoke was so terrible it was hard to breathe outside. So much of our wildlife and bushland was lost or injured.

message 26: by Samantha (new)

Aliaa wrote: "hey! my name is Aliaa. I'm almost 14 years old and i love art! I care about the environment too"

Yay! I always love new members, you're very welcome Aliaa!

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi, I'm Lightningcat!

message 28: by Samantha (new)

Adela wrote: "Hello! I'm Adela. I'm turning twelve two days before 2021 and my half birthday was yesterday! Anyways, I love art, but I really want to get better at it. Thanks for the invite, Amanda!"

Hello! Welcome to the group!

message 29: by Samantha (new)

⌁Lightningcat⌁ wrote: "Hi, I'm Lightningcat!"

Hello! Love the profile picture!

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you!

message 31: by Samantha (new)

:)

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

:)