Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Historical Fantasy - Looking for Swap or Beta-read

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Russ (new)

Russ Davis | 5 comments I put this in the beta reader forum, and it probably would be better suited for here.

107k words - takes place in Spanish colonial New World (1510-1540), but has definite fantasy elements. Looking for beta readers and willing to swap critiques.

Note that the story isn't especially graphic, either violently or sexually, but the characters are Spanish conquistadors, and they have attitudes that are unpleasant by modern standards.

If we swap, I suggest reading 2-3 chapters first to see if we're a fit before proceeding. Also, I am looking to make progress, so I need people who have the time and inclination to read now. I will get you feedback in a timely fashion and would appreciate it if you could do the same.

message 2: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (ceraphina) | 1 comments Hi Russ. I love historical fantasy so your post caught my eye. I don't have anything to swap right now but I would love to beta read for you. I'm off work right now so I've definitely got time and could probably manage a couple chapters each week.

message 3: by David (new)

David Octavian (inziko) | 58 comments Hi Russ - Let me know if you're interested in swapping your work for a Dark Fantasy novel. It's 155k words but I can only send you the first 107k (same length as your story). Kindly see below info and let me know via PM/comment if you're interested. Thanks. :)

Genre: Adult Dark Fantasy with Mystery and Horror elements.
Keywords: Prophecy, Kingdom, Mysticism, Dark, Atmospheric

Caleb - a mercenary with a mysterious past - escapes from his prison inside a high dark tower and is tasked with retrieving a long-lost journal which is the last hope for the salvation of his world threatened by a dark prophecy.

I can provide feedback on characters (voice, consistency, personality), worldbuilding (setting, description, exposition), plot, writing style and flow of story.