What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Man Who Used the Universe
This topic is about The Man Who Used the Universe
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Sci-Fi, Man builds interplanetary Trade imperium. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Louis-Ben (new)

Louis-Ben H. | 2 comments SPOLIERS AHEAD: (NS) –> means that I´m not sure about that detail

At the beginning the main character is working for a criminal organization as a Hit-Man(NS) on a Human populated Planet that is not earth(NS). He takes over that organization and slowly begins taking over other organizations as well. The next detail I can remember is the existence of a Non-Human intelligent species that is appalling to most Humans. While Humans work with technology they have perfected making live forms perform similar tasks. The main Character forms a trade agreement with one of the non-Humans who has a worm that perpetually changes his skirt. At some point The main Character gets an implanted into his ear which makes sure his intentions are pure towards the non-Human race. It was called The leil(NS) or liel(NS).

I listen to it as an audiobook on Spotify around 2017 it felt like a fairly recently written book.

That’s about all I can remember. Any tips would be very welcome. Feel free to ask for additional details/ clarification. :)

message 2: by Brad (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 99 comments I believe you are seeking the novel [The Man Who Used the Universe] by [Alan Dean Foster].

The link below has more information. But all the salient points you mention match.

[https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

message 3: by Louis-Ben (new)

Louis-Ben H. | 2 comments That is the one. Thank you so much!!!
This realy means a lot.
Tank you! Thank you!

message 4: by Brad (new)

Brad Eichstadt | 99 comments Glad I was able to help.