Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Book Issues > Missing the Kindle Edition of The Lion Trees

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Owen (new)

Owen Thomas | 19 comments Hi. First... I am missing the Kindle edition of The Lion Trees from my book shelf. The ASIN is B00N245T0M. Here is the link: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Second... when I search for that ASIN, it get the wrong book cover (I get the Part I of the paperback edition). The correct cover for the Kindle edition is here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

Thank you.

message 2: by Elvenn (new)

Elvenn | 2924 comments Hi. Is there still any problem with your editions?

Someone had already solved part of the problem and I tried to solve the rest. Can you see any edition that still needs to be separated or combined with others?

message 3: by Owen (new)

Owen Thomas | 19 comments Hi Elvenn. Thanks for the response. Yes, there still seems to be a problem. The Kindle edition of "The Lion Trees" is now on my dashboard, but it has the wrong cover. The cover it should have is here: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3....

There is now, also, a new problem. A book called "Rogue Knight," written by someone else with the same name (Owen Thomas) keeps appearing on my page. It has been removed several times and keeps showing up.

Thanks again for the help, Elvenn.

message 4: by Elvenn (last edited May 31, 2020 05:00PM) (new)

Elvenn | 2924 comments Rogue Knight moved.

Did the The Lion Trees kindle edition of your book ever had the brown cover? It seems the light-blue cover has been added as an "alternate cover edition", meaning the book originally had the brown cover and now it has the blue one.

The kindle edition has been added 673 and 53 times, so if it never had the brown cover, both editions need to be merged by a superlibrarian.

message 5: by Owen (new)

Owen Thomas | 19 comments The Kindle edition has always been blue. The brown covers correspond to the print edition. The print edition is divided into two books, Part 1 and Part 2 (because the book is too long to fit into one volume). The Kindle edition is the whole book (Part 1 + Part 2) and should have the blue cover. You can see that the cover the Kindle edition currently has is titled "Part 1" which doesn't make any sense because the Kindle is the full book and includes both parts.

Thanks for your help and for removing Rogue Knight.

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (last edited Jun 03, 2020 10:48AM) (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
The brown cover was uploaded from Amazon to the Kindle edition in December 2014.

And the edition has half as many pages as the later one.

Seems like the Kindle edition was at least initially released with just part I.

message 7: by Owen (new)

Owen Thomas | 19 comments Well, that does not make sense to me, but let's assume I am misremembering. Is there some way that I can have the current Kindle edition, with its current cover, represented on the bookshelf?

Thank you for your help.

message 8: by Elvenn (new)

Elvenn | 2924 comments Owen, have you tried setting the edition with the blue cover as the default edition of your work? It's something only authors can do, you can read more about it here (scroll down to "Primary Edition of a Work" and here (on how to do it).

message 9: by Owen (new)

Owen Thomas | 19 comments Hi Elvenn. Thanks for the message. I have tried that and it did not seem to do the trick. I just tried it again, however, and seems to have worked! I will keep monitoring and will post again if the need arises. Thank you very much.